Author Topic: My new technique.  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Hukif

• Evaluator
My new technique.
« on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
Old form to spoilers for future reference, cleaned version up.

Cleaning, cleaning. But first, this is all experimental and I suck at explaining, so bear with me.

The Technique

First, you have to somehow find out how it feels for you when a dream is forming, lets call that a “shift” in here. Once that is done, you have to memorize the “shift” and practice how it feels in your mind so that you can catch it when it comes, pretty much like a RC, take the time that works the best for you to do this.

How to

Now, since the technique by itself is really hard (or so I think), it would require for someone to work with extreme recall or placebo, so I will put it into three different forms, that would make it easier to use for anyone while the shift is learned correctly.

A)Ideal Form, the hard one, you memorize the shift from either autosuggestion or memory, practice it and then go to sleep normally, once asleep, when a dream starts to form or suddenly appears out of nowhere (the shift) you will notice it and become lucid, either while it is forming or once it starts.
B)WILD Form, since WILD generally deals with passing through the shift aware, you use it to find out how it feels for you, to make things simpler, a V-WILD that uses this shift instead of the normal visualization. It is supposed that, as you get better at this, one will stop using WILD and just go to sleep normally then catch it.
C)DILD/MILD Form, use of MILD to find out how the shift feels, or create a fake shift, once that is done, use the normal MILD technique “I will notice a shift and become lucid” (Or alike), as time passes and one gets better at it, you should stop using MILD/DILD or naturally notice when a dream is forming/forms and become lucid from the shift.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far, only two people have tried this, Higurashi and Me, for Higurashi it helped him with DILD (to notice the change in dream scenes), for me, it worked, but is far less reliable than all the other techniques I use (since I gave it a try for a short while, should try again), so want more people to try it.

If someone wants to give it a try, please do so and report back anything that happens, so it can be worked on whether the technique is useful or not.

For the experiment, 5 people to try the DILD/MILD form and 5 other to try the WILD form and then go for the main thing, would be enough, but if there is more, even better! 1 week of trying is enough, but extending it to 1 month would give better results. and cookies.

The main purpose is to make the technique available for everyone, otherwise it would be useless, as the purpose of techniques is to help people to get lucid, not frustrated <.< But since I couldn't come with a good way to do so without relying on the other techniques... will have to rely on them.

Now I suppose many would be thinking “WTH! What's the purpose if it needs you to use WILD or DILD! Isn't it easier to just use these two!?” So, even though its true that it is easier to just go with the other two, the technique would make you lucid at the very beginning of a dream, without the need of entering from the waking state (If we consider the ideal form), and what can be better if you can accomplish this while looking for the technique that works best for you? I mean, some are better at WILD or some at DILD, so while you are looking for that which works for you, why not give it a try for an extra reward?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:53:45 PM by Walms »

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
Re: My new technique.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 06:38:16 PM »
XD I know what you mean by shift, more like, the feeling when the body is forgotten but it's not quite substance for a dream yet? Or am I wrong :X
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD:

Offline Hukif

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
XD I know what you mean by shift, more like, the feeling when the body is forgotten but it's not quite substance for a dream yet? Or am I wrong :X

Nah you aren't wrong, just phrased it better than I did lol
Which adds more confusion to wheter it is or not DILD/WILD sub-form <.<

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 06:52:51 PM »
O.o I think I have to second TILD then if it's like that >.> Delphy has diabolically good names.
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD:

Offline Delphinus

• Dai-gaikokojin
  • Ambassador Elite
  • Evaluator
  • Call me Morgan.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »
I'm not one who WILDs often... Or at all...

If I start trying, which I will eventually, I hope to try this out.

O.o I think I have to second TILD then if it's like that >.> Delphy has diabolically good names.

:D

Offline Budster

• Computer Science - Student at IUPUI
  • Synthesizer
  • Inactive beyond measure.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
I've actually tried something similar before, but wasn't able to get any results.

Although, I suppose I could try it again.
I suppose I'm not here anymore. Feel free to message me on Steam. (BUDSTER)

Offline Hukif

• Evaluator
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »
I've actually tried something similar before, but wasn't able to get any results.

Although, I suppose I could try it again.

Hm... didn't notice this before, so what is it you tried? And if you can, please give it a go again.
So far, I know of one person who tried, it didn't work though, instead of noticing dream forming-dream shift, he noticed dream scene-dream scene shift.

Offline Jeff

• And you are?
  • Comprehender
  • Gotta love it.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
I'm trying this tonight.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

Offline Budster

• Computer Science - Student at IUPUI
  • Synthesizer
  • Inactive beyond measure.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »
I used the WILD technique, and was able to force audio HI and the shift from memory.
I suppose I'm not here anymore. Feel free to message me on Steam. (BUDSTER)

Offline Hukif

• Evaluator
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 01:23:36 PM »
oh yay more people trying! I need to haunt more Dream Journals now.