Author Topic: Who wants to participate in a new technique study?  (Read 4952 times)

Offline miss_maya

• Creator's Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I will bring that flower back with me!
Re: Who wants to participate in a new technique study?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »
Ok i've been experimenting with multiple alarms for 2 weeks now, and.. well it resembles the experiment above, but i've modified it to suit my sleeping patterns.

I'm an owl; a late sleeper, so this means it takes me a long time to fall asleep and i wake up late in the mornings. These are the alarms...

The mini WBTB (copyright, hehe): I set alarm for 1hour after i go to bed for the day (or 1.5 if not sleepy). For that hour i try to fall asleep on my stomach, sides, whatever to get me to sleep.
Then upon the alarm (i'm usually not even asleep yet, but a little more relaxed) i lay myself on my back and try to fall asleep in meditation. Not a full WILD, but just enough concentration to fall asleep with a bit of awareness.

I do sequential alarms at about;
4:40
5:00
5:10 am
It seems to work, and sometimes if i feel the need to get up, i'll do a WBTB.

Then just to maximize chances of more lucid dreams, i set alarms for;
8:00
10:00 am
Most of my lucids happen between 6am and midday (if i can sleep in for those last hours).. The later i sleep in the better lucids (unfortunately).

So far i am able to recall dreams even ones before 4:40am. Waking up so many times hasn't really upset my sleeping quality either like i originally thought it would..

I really wish i could change my sleeping pattern to go to bed a few hours earlier than i normally do, but due to external factors that is not possible right now.

:nienies: