Author Topic: Exercise Induced LD  (Read 4112 times)

Offline chris31

• Analyzer
Re: Exercise Induced LD
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »

Heated muscles from strenous exercise also need to relax, stretch and cool down adequately before lying down, or lactic acid will build up causing pain and discomfort.

Also, from what I've read, there is little evidence to support the idea that a cool down will reduce muscle pain.

Lactic acid builds up only during moderate to intense exercise (depending on training status) when your muscles don't receive enough oxygen, and its clearance rate is lower than its production rate.  Obviously when you stop exercising your oxygen demands reduce, providing more for lactate clearance (and other recovery).  Lactic acid is actually oxidised to form energy.

Studies have shown that a cool down at low intensity will hasten lactate removal. So this may help with muscle soreness after exercising.  However, stretching has little, if any evidence showing it to help muscle soreness after exercising.  (also interesting, static stretching before exercise reduces power, strength, kinesthetic awareness and a few other things)

To moE

Yeah i could see this working.  After a good cardio sesh i feel a bit 'dreamy'.  Don't know if you will be able to get to sleep though.  I might try this tomorrow.
DILD - 33
WILD - 3

Goals:
Fly into space
Fly through a fractal
Have a long, interesting conversation with a dream character
Consistent lucids (at least 5 a month)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »
Keep us posted on the results!

I've always enjoyed a bit of muscle soreness - it reminds me that something worthwhile is being accomplished.  Of course, at my age the issue is shifting to joint pain, which is another matter entirely.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »
(also interesting, static stretching before exercise reduces power, strength, kinesthetic awareness and a few other things)
I didn't know that. But it's good to know.
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 07:36:11 PM »
Ohhh, I wonder this too. I used to nap after cardio between my summer volunteer and work shifts, and I always remember having hazy dreams. I can't really say if that's from REM or NREM because I remember being told before that it is possible to have NREM dreams, but they're usually less vivid.

I know you guys have said that it's good for WILD-ing, but do you think it could be used at all to improve general DILDs?
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD:

Offline chris31

• Analyzer
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:47 AM »
Just tried to take a nap after doing short n sharp 15min cardio sesh, but unfortunately didnt get to sleep.  I felt like i could've drifted into sleep paralysis pretty easily though, i definately think theres potential. 

Lucidbulbs:

I think that exercise would help with DILDS as well.  Exercise would promote excretion of certain chemicals that would influence dreams, for better or worse.  I believe it would be the former.  If i get a chance i'll ask my uni lecturer (hes done 10 years study in exercise science/physiology), but i doubt he would know much about its relation to dreaming.
DILD - 33
WILD - 3

Goals:
Fly into space
Fly through a fractal

Offline chris31

• Analyzer
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 12:06:17 AM »
I've read that higher levels of growth hormone correlates with lucid success.  Weight training stimulates growth hormone release, with high levels up to an hour after training, then plateauing (from memory, i'll have to double check).  So taking a nap after a resistance training session will probably be another way to induce an LD.
DILD - 33
WILD - 3

Goals:
Fly into space
Fly through a fractal