Author Topic: SCILD  (Read 2407 times)

Offline SKA

• Comprehender
SCILD
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »
Scild

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Consciously Induced Lucid Dream

Okay here is a rather new approach to Lucid Dream induction that has allways worked for me and is working again after a long dryspell. It is a passive method that has given me, allthough irreliable and occasional, many Lucid Dreams quite frequently.
Innitially I had alot of Lucid Dreams, but my ability to lucid dream seemed to diminish greatly whenever I would put CONSCIOUS effort into having one (WILD, RC's, DILD, TILD..etc) Also reading the different viewpoints on and induction techniques of the many different ppl on the Dreamviews Forums has in my idea only lead me further away from Lucid Dreaming rather than closer to it.

Sounds familiar to you? Then this "technique"( or rather lack thereof ) might be for you.

So what I did after the discouragement and confusion Dreamviews-discussion had brought me; I first let the whole topic of Lucid Dreaming go. Deliberately let it go for a while.

Then I started getting interrested again in Lucid Dreaming and instead of trying a technique, I simply had Lucid Dreaming on my mind for a while before sleep, but not predominantly, not even consciously. I more sort of can't help automatically thinking about Lucid Dreaming whenever I see my bed you know?

And whataya know I'm having Lucid Dreams again and quite often too. About 1 lucid Dream a week on average. How? I guess that since I only gave lucidity a quick, automatic thought, before heading off to sleep paying lucidity no further CONSCIOUS attention, I no longer had Lucidity in my Mind Consciously, but instead I would let it go and just go to sleep without a the slightest thing or effort in my Mind. This way I allow my Lucid Ambition to sink from my Conscious mind into my SubConscious Mind. By letting it go again.
For me this is a recipe for success

So to give a short oversight:
You go to bed, see your bed, Associate the sight of your bed with Lucid Dreaming; think of Lucid Dreaming briefly, Let it go again and just go to sleep without any conscious efforts. Just Fall asleep.
This way you hand the Lucid task over from your Conscious Mind to your Subconscious Mind: A part of your mind that, if you don't interfere with it with your conscious mind, knows Excellently what to do to attain Lucidity. In a way superior to your Conscious Mind.

Give it a try, especially if you feel, like me, that Conscious effort of utilising ILD-techniques are hardily or totally not working for you to induce LDs.
Try and give some feedback. Feedback's much appreciated and may help improve this method and develop it into a Great Effortless LD-technique.

Sweet L U C I D Dreams.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 07:11:53 PM by SKA »

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: SCILD
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
I'm a bit late coming across this, as it has been a crazy month - but I'm going to give it a try and will let you know how it works out.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline SKA

• Comprehender
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »
Let me know how it goes. I will just think of lucidity, like a split second thought, and go to sleep.
No conscious method has ever worked for me.

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 05:44:36 AM »
So far, nothing - but I've not given it a lot of time yet.

I have been inching along this same line of thinking for a long while now - recognizing that my continued immersion in technique and effort has resulted in little return.  It seemed so much easier before!

We have also gathered data that brings many of the traditionally recognized variables into question, though that has not been very well analyzed yet.  There really does not seem to be much of a correlation, for example, between stress and lucidity levels in those who submitted data.

Well... onward.  I'm going to continue (un)working on this.

--pj

Offline soyness

• Korogu Extraordinaire
  • Knower
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »
I use something along those lines. Sometimes before going to bed, I tell my subconscious 'hey, let's dream lucidly tonight' without too much excitement - like you'd tell a sibling 'hey, how about tuna sandwiches for lunch?' - and it's enough to get the job done. When I have a regular sleep pattern, I can get two or three lucid dreams a week ^_^

Offline miss_maya

• Creator's Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I will bring that flower back with me!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »

Sounds familiar to you? Then this "technique"( or rather lack thereof ) might be for you.
sounds like an ad!  :chuckle:
..but YES this is EXACTLY what i been going thru!

it seems that, to succeed in this non-technique, one would have been attempting the regular techniques for a bit of time, in other words i guess its not for noobs, it sounds more suited however for people going through dry spells perhaps.

On a different note, at zen we are taught that to master a technique, one must attempt it consciously each time at first, and the effort will be a bit of a struggle, but when done enough times (could take weeks or years of regular practice) it will become second nature, and you know you have mastered it once it becomes completely effortless.

At the same time, your technique has a hint of dream yoga in it, where they teach that lucidity is not meant to be forced or controlled too much by the practitioners conscious ego (well thats what i understood from it anyways).

:nienies:

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
Guess this is a really old thread. Can't see the dates when posting with my cell phone. So maybe no one will even see this. But I like this idea. If nothing else, it'd be good to try for awhile when other methods have lost their effectiveness. I like how easy it is. Appeals to my laziness. Reminds me of a Jack Handey quote: "It's easy to say you'd like more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. You just sit there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money."
In the secret space of dreams
Where I dreaming lay amazed
When the secrets all are told
And the petals all unfold
When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me.
-- from Attics of My Life, by Robert Hunter

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »
It's an old thread, but we see your post as new!

--pj

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
Of course that would be the case. Guess I wasn't thinking. Thanks, PJ!
In the secret space of dreams
Where I dreaming lay amazed
When the secrets all are told
And the petals all unfold
When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me.
-- from Attics of My Life, by Robert Hunter

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 07:08:36 PM »
It's nice seeing these excellent old topics being revisited!  Gives me an excuse to review them.  I've forgotten more than I know.

--pj

Offline Dakotahnok

• Comprehender
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »
This really sounds like MILD. But just not aggressive MILDing.