Author Topic: CAWILD - Caffeine Addiction Withdrawal Induced Lucid Dream  (Read 31229 times)

Offline mapreader

• Comprehender
Re: CAWILD - Caffeine Addiction Withdrawal Induced Lucid Dream
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2011, 05:22:39 AM »
Just bumping this thread because it's made me a caffeine convert. It's what actually made me join the forum after lurking for some time.

I put in an order for NSI 200mg caffeine pills, 200mg guarana pills and 50mg Pro Plus pills in case I couldn't handle the other two (I'm not a caffeine drinker).

Well, the method works.

My first test: I had stashed the pills away after receiving them due to a hectic few days in which I would have no real time for LDing. I had stayed up all night and had classes in the morning. I got back to my dorm at about 5:30 am with the intent to rest in bed without falling asleep. I popped the 200mg NSI pill and washed it down with some cola, which was probably overkill. The sleep paralysis that followed took me by surprise by its intensity and by how unexpected it was. With Galantamine, I can spend up to three hours laying in bed waiting for sleep, even if I'm exhausted. I usually handle SP transitions well, but this one made me panic with its speed. I can usually ignore SP hallucinations, but I fought against it this time due to how unprepared I was. The audio hallucinations made me think a locomotive train was about to crash right through my window so I was too agitated to work with it and transition. After some struggling, I came out of it.

I decided to switch to Guarana since it's more gentle on the body. It also has somewhat of a time release effect that allows you to fall asleep before the caffeine kicks in. The results so far have been three lucids out of five attempts:

The two failures were my first two tries and I believe it was down to dosage. The Guarana pills I'm using are 200mg yielding 100mg of caffeine. I thought this would be enough, seeing as I'm not a caffeine drinker. While I did get vivid and epic dreams from that dosage, it was only on my third try when I took two capsules instead of one that I finally became lucid. It's worked on the fourth and fifth attempt and I'm quite impressed, to say the least. It results in very high level LDs . On my first successful attempt I had to spend some time doing extensive reality checks. I've started learning how to dream chain in order to countenance the waking up factor.

A sidenote: Moonbeam mentioned 'floating' and getting blown around during caffeine LDs. On the fifth attempt (last night), I was already in the air over some stone amphitheatre on a Mediterranean island when a dream character down below said 'who turned off the gravity?' This is what prompted lucidity and I managed to get down to the ground, albeit with some difficulty. You'll often find yourself drifting in the wind during caffeine LDs. I have no idea why this is.

All in all, this might be the Holy Grail of LDS. More people should be trying this.

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:29 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline KayTea

• College bound dreamer!
  • Applier
  • Striving for lucids!
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
So, i may be reading this wrong, but withdrawl is not a necessity? If i just wake up for a normal WBTB, pop a caffeine pill, and go back to bed i might have results? I want to try this very bad, but i am not a fan of coffee so forcing myself to drink 2-3 glasses a day for weeks would be quite painful just to get the method to work.

Offline Phantasos

• Comprehender
    • Oneiron
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »
So, i may be reading this wrong, but withdrawl is not a necessity? If i just wake up for a normal WBTB, pop a caffeine pill, and go back to bed i might have results?
Yeah, you should also do some autosuggestions while getting asleep after WBTB.
We place no reliance On virgin or pigeon; Our Method is Science, Our Aim is Religion. -- Aleister Crowley

Offline KayTea

• College bound dreamer!
  • Applier
  • Striving for lucids!
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »
So, i may be reading this wrong, but withdrawl is not a necessity? If i just wake up for a normal WBTB, pop a caffeine pill, and go back to bed i might have results?
Yeah, you should also do some autosuggestions while getting asleep after WBTB.

This may sounds kinda redundant, but are there any guides on Autosuggestion? I'm not very good with things that are not concrete when it comes to stuff like this. I could say stuff to myself all i want, but i would have the doubt that i'm doing it wrong.

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2011, 03:00:36 AM »
So, i may be reading this wrong, but withdrawl is not a necessity? If i just wake up for a normal WBTB, pop a caffeine pill, and go back to bed i might have results? I want to try this very bad, but i am not a fan of coffee so forcing myself to drink 2-3 glasses a day for weeks would be quite painful just to get the method to work.

The caffeine wouldn't have to be from coffee. Based on your name, maybe tea would be a better choice.
In the secret space of dreams
Where I dreaming lay amazed
When the secrets all are told
And the petals all unfold
When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me.
-- from Attics of My Life, by Robert Hunter

Offline Phantasos

• Comprehender
    • Oneiron
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »
This may sounds kinda redundant, but are there any guides on Autosuggestion? I'm not very good with things that are not concrete when it comes to stuff like this. I could say stuff to myself all i want, but i would have the doubt that i'm doing it wrong.
After WBTB go to the bed, relax, and say several times "I am lucid in the dreams". My autosuggestions are "I fall asleep fast. I become lucid in the dream. I wake up without moving [body]". Do not think much about whether it is effective. While falling asleep think instead about getting lucid.
We place no reliance On virgin or pigeon; Our Method is Science, Our Aim is Religion. -- Aleister Crowley

Offline The Dream Girl

• Comprehender
  • "This is a dream." "Then it is a good dream."
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »
This sounds like a great idea!

I am not addicted to caffeine but love coffee. So, let me get this straight: go to sleep, do WBTB, drink a cup of coffee and fall asleep WILDing. Does that sound like a good idea? I have never become lucid before (I've gotten very close) and am still experimenting with WILD.
"Do you remember when we first met?" -Arwen
"I thought I had strayed into a dream." -Aragorn

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »
If you've never been lucid, I would not expect results from this.

As I was trying to explain to somebody earlier today, you need to look at these LDS as multipliers, not as initiators.  What I mean by that is they enhance existing ability and likelihood of getting lucid.  If you do not yet have a level of achieving lucidity, all the LDS in the world are multiplying with zero.

Work on learning to get lucid first, then look to LDS to enhance your chances.  That's my advice.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline The Dream Girl

• Comprehender
  • "This is a dream." "Then it is a good dream."
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
Thanks, PJ, I will concentrate on getting lucid first.
That will save me lots of wasted time and effort.
"Do you remember when we first met?" -Arwen
"I thought I had strayed into a dream." -Aragorn

Offline mapreader

• Comprehender
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2011, 08:03:00 AM »
I would suggest the caffeine pills might be better for some people. You can take them quickly and go back to sleep so that you won't wake up too much. Also, pills take some time to be dissolved by stomach acids giving you time to fall asleep.

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2011, 08:52:50 AM »
I would also point out that using guarana rather than straight up caffeine pills seems to bring about a much softer bump, making it easier to get back to sleep and stay in the dreams.

--pj

Offline AspirationRealized

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
Drow, drow, drow your canoe
 The stream provides flotation
 Hysterically, hysterically, hysterically, hysterically
 Existence is hallucination

...have you ever met anyone who actually changed?

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:06 PM »
Ha!  Beautiful!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:14:40 PM by pj »

--pj

Offline Heidiho775

• Comprehender
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
WOW this technique is realy interesting! I would love to hear someone who has experience with it ??? ???