Author Topic: anechoic chamber  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
Re: anechoic chamber
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
You need to go into business if that works

If it the results I expect I might build a bigger one outside and offer it as part of a home stay as I have a semi detached cottage adjourning my home. I live in a lovely part of the west coast in New Zealand it might be an interesting stopover for people visiting out part of the world that have an interest in meditation, lucid dreaming and a few other related areas.

LOL - a loooooonnnnng way from that but it would I suspect be the only one of one of very few in a home.

Away on a rainbow of colour to the organic world of my mind

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 06:42:01 AM »

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »
Very rough site. Just images of progress so far. I will break the site up into pages of each stage soon but for tonight took the lazy way of putting something online

http://www.53x12.co.nz/AnechoicHome.htm

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 06:43:52 AM »

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 11:21:52 AM »
 8)

Maybe I shoul dget hubby to do soething like this in our rather large garage...?

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
Nice looking chamber! That is going to be really neat when you get it finished.
Beg and Bas: HA GG TR LM CL SO LC RS FL LW TD
Int: EF BI JR DC WH CT CW IA WA TA WT JT RA WW WF RA MF WF BO TK
Advanced: TT AN OB CS BH ST
Sea:
All tasks completed. Going through a second time.

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
Update
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »
a bit further ahead and starting to feel quite pleased about it all.
Its getting pretty dark inside and quiet but discovering that nose is like water and it needs only the slightest gap to get in. The internal chamber will seal it off quite well I think as its getting better and better.
Lighting and ventilation are next on the agenda

http://53x12.co.nz/

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 06:59:49 AM »

Offline howitzer

• jATION the ©REATION
  • Evaluator
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »
NICE WORK   :yesss:
You are really pulling out all the stops! This is really cool.

I worked at a site for a very very wealthy individual. Believe it or not we had to sign a waver explaining how we would not tell anyone what goes on behind closed doors.
I do know that Kevlar walls are an amazing sound buffer. I also know it is very expensive. You're sort of far along now for me to be mentioning this now anyways. It just seemed so over the top at the time that I had forgotten about it. I must say it works unbelievably well.
You may have some problematic nooks and crannies that could use it?
Moonbeam raises a good point though....headphones. I even see some ear muffs in one of the pictures. Also using headphones with various techniques, inertial beats, Beta waves, etc.

How long do you think you would have to isolate yourself before derivation begins to take hold?
I also wonder if your body increasingly grows more acute to its surroundings. i.e take away your sight and your hearing becomes more acute.

I'll see it when I believe it.

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 03:51:17 AM »
You make a few interesting points.
It will be pretty good for sound isolation but you still need to be aware of what you are starting with and temper expectations. I think on a quiet night with no rain and wind it will be very quiet and easily do what I want. I now have the second chamber lined and a support floor about the cushions so might attempt a WBTB in there very soon.

Time for SD to work, have no idea but will know soon enough.

I am very interested in engaging one sense at a time to see what effect it has. SD is fine but with no sensory impute a good use could be to use bi aural beats, some form of lighting ( I want to install a Phillips light that is I Phone controlled and produces 15 mil colors, and to use essential oils at times as well. It might be very interesting to flood one sense only and see what effect that has.  I suspect there will be real effects in daily life from this and it could be like retraining a dumbed down sense, dont know...

Unlimited funds are one way and creative fun is another so I am aiming for the middle. Not scared to spend a little but like to think my way through and appreciate all thoughts. They get tucked away in the big library in my head for when they are needed.
I think the SD is not the correct way to look at it as its more likely to be stopping external data for the senses to use so hearing is most likely to come to the front as the body is a noisy little beast and this will take over but should allow for an internal focus and away we go to wonderland as we try to make sense of this, LOL or as we observe this and allow out SC to attempt to make sense of this.
Dont know and happy at this stage that I dont