Author Topic: AspiR's Experimental Techniques...  (Read 1776 times)

Offline AspirationRealized

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
AspiR's Experimental Techniques...
« on: August 01, 2008, 01:19:44 AM »
Over time I'll learn about lucid dreaming and form my own ideas on how to achieve lucidity. Unfortunately, all of these ideas are geared towards someone who already knows what its like to lucid dream, and I haven't had enough experience to test them. I've always been curious as to what results these ideas would get, so I'm offering them here for comment or maybe even for some people to try. I'm not certain at all about the feasibility of these, but if you'd like to take a shot and find it somewhat reasonable be sure to let me know.

Lucid Tattoo-

Basically, this is a reality check technique that involves visualizations to the subconscious and the memory barrier between the waking and dreaming realms. You create your own tattoo, in your mind, and place it somewhere on your body. Obviously, placing it somewhere easy to look at (palm of the hand or outside, inside of wrists, both?) will be helpful. Also, choose a simple image... something thats simple to visualize, but if you can think of a significant symbol in your life, something you regard with great passion or love, it will aid in the remembering process. Actually drawing this tattoo out with a pen or sharpie, and using it to RC for a day will help to visualize it later on.

Now, tell yourself that this tattoo will only appear when you are lucid. Visualize it. Make this part of your normal routine of reminding yourself you will dream, you will recall it... add that you will have your lucid tattoo, when you are dreaming. And only when you are dreaming. If this works (and there's nothing but conjecture saying it will >.>) you will be able to gaze down at your hand or wherever your tattoo is and immediately see if you are lucid or not.

Imagine you're walking through your dream dull as a zombie, and then you notice a funny image on your body. Oh wait, is that a tattoo? Bam! Lucidity. At least, thats the idea.

Nostalgia Induced Lucid Dream (NILD)-

This came about in a conversation with pj, where he commented on something that the Cusp said. The Cusp said that recalling something that happened in a dream while you're awake was exactly like recalling something you did when you were awake while in a dream. It uses the same pathways, and is just as foggy.

However, you spend most of your time awake so wouldn't memories from awake time be more familiar to you? Pick an easy to recall memory that means a lot to you. The more involved you can get the better. If you remember a time where you stood in the field and could smell wildflowers and feel the breeze blow against your skin as it was warmed by the summer sun... you get the picture. The more senses you can produce the better. Now follow whichever reality check routine you like best, but use this memory as the RC instead. The idea is that remembering that something that happened in real life automatically when you question your dream environment will not only bring lucidity, but help transcend that memory barrier.

Its very possible the Cusp already had this idea and probably already posted it. And whether he did or not, a lot of credit for the NILD goes to him, if he wishes to call it that. The lucid tattoos, I assume, are my own idea... but I'm not certain. If someone sees a repeat of these ideas, please let me know.

And if you intend to try these ideas for yourself, please tell me when you start and if it actually worked! Thanks a lot!

As I get more ideas I'll post them. I've forgotten some though.

Drow, drow, drow your canoe
 The stream provides flotation
 Hysterically, hysterically, hysterically, hysterically
 Existence is hallucination

...have you ever met anyone who actually changed?

Offline dallyup52

• Exhaler of Dream Dust
  • Evaluator
  • Follow your Heart
Re: AspiR's Experimental Techniques...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »
Imagine you're walking through your dream dull as a zombie, and then you notice a funny image on your body. Oh wait, is that a tattoo? Bam! Lucidity.

That's funny ... I like it.

These would be fun.
Dream Journal
Challenges completed:
Basic: HA FL GG SO CL LM LC
Intermed: CO CP MO TK CW MF WF WA WW BI TP EF IA DC JA
Advance: TT TE

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 06:59:47 PM »
Imagine you're walking through your dream dull as a zombie, and then you notice a funny image on your body. Oh wait, is that a tattoo? Bam! Lucidity.

These would be fun.

Thank you. Does this mean you'll be my first attempter? ^_^

Offline dallyup52

• Exhaler of Dream Dust
  • Evaluator
  • Follow your Heart
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »

These would be fun.

Thank you. Does this mean you'll be my first attempter? ^_^

I was thinking that you would be the first attempter
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:01:49 PM by dallyup52 »
Dream Journal
Challenges completed:
Basic: HA FL GG SO CL LM LC
Intermed: CO CP MO TK CW MF WF WA WW BI TP EF IA DC JA
Advance: TT TE

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 07:07:25 PM »
Oh...

Like I explained. These aren't the usual techniques... I believe some experience with lucidity would be required. I also think someone else will get lucid on these before I do >.>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:19:14 PM by AspirationRealized »

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »