Author Topic: Possibly using the day's events as a lucid trigger (PDPILD)  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
Possibly using the day's events as a lucid trigger (PDPILD)
« on: August 11, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: Possibly using the day's events as a lucid trigger (PLPILD)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:26:30 PM »
PDPILD.

Classic.

The events that show up in my dreams seem so random and unpredictable!  Do you find the day's events reliably appearing?

For me, things show up days or months (or even years) later, and often it takes a real stretch to even make the connection.

Now that I think about it, I remember a dream fragment about towing the loaded trailer and using the trailer brakes to stop a sway problem. . . so that was one that could have worked!

Ok - I'm convinced.  I'll try it!  Tonight, for example, I'll be looking for unloading a steel shed and buying some material I didn't have in inventory. . . and listening to my son on an online game system.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 07:22:35 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:26:52 PM »
It's worth trying.

I've certainly tried to leverage a similar technique, which would be to simply look for the major recurrent themes and asert your desire to use this for lucidity.

Right now, I have to unpleasant threads conjuring up the same stupid dreams almost every night. and I'll be damned I can use them to become lucid. If I could, I'm sure I could kill the thread.

Anyway, I will keep PLPILD in mind.
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline Luminous

• Master of the Black Hole
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »
I considered including this at a dream recall technique in my workshop, but I find what parts of the day that makes in into my dreams completely random. For example, a few days ago, I watched an episode of "Futurama" where one of the characters got pregnant, and I had a rather long dream where I was pregnant myself. Even a short TV commercial can turn into a full dream about the product.

I do hope it works for those of you who try to use this as a technique, though! :)

(Winner of the coveted Black Hole Award!)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:15:48 AM »
Failed for me last night.

The one event from the day that made it into the dreams passed me by and went down the memory hole very quickly. . . and then I had a whole dream about it.

Maybe tonight though!
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj