Author Topic: Biphasic sleep instant WILD  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Josh

• Technical Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • Seriously Facetious
    • Lunar Light
Re: Biphasic sleep instant WILD
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 01:33:14 AM »
Ugh, I started to get sick and haven't been able to fall asleep lately...or wake up once I get to sleep. My schedule is pretty messed up at the moment, but I'm trying to steer it back on track. Stress is playing a big part, I think. I have had some interesting dreams, though!
"I've got to start listening to those quiet, nagging doubts." ~ Calvin

Hypoallergenic Hallucinogens -- Dreams Most Odd
Technical Guild | Creator's Guild

Offline Mortalis

• Comprehender
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 02:25:06 AM »
I must confess to joining the ranks of failures in switching to polyphasic sleeping.  To be honest, I'm on vacation right now, and I enjoy going out to bars.  So that pretty much tanks my efforts.  Perhaps another time I guess... I just enjoy the flexibility of monophasic atm.

Offline StephenT

• Analyzer
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
Yeah, when you're sick try to sleep on the nap times, but sleep as much as you need to to get better.

As for me, I switched to pseudo-everyman.  I have 4.5 hour core with 2x20 minute naps.

Been at it for a week and a half, after doing biphasic for about a week.  Haven't focused on LDing a lot, though.

Offline Josh

• Technical Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • Seriously Facetious
    • Lunar Light
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 12:15:01 AM »
My schedule fell apart. I've been sleeping straight through every night now, and actually getting some sleep. I'm just going to stick with that for now.
"I've got to start listening to those quiet, nagging doubts." ~ Calvin

Hypoallergenic Hallucinogens -- Dreams Most Odd
Technical Guild | Creator's Guild

Offline Mortalis

• Comprehender
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »
Yeah, I think that the fact is these type of sleep schedules are not only difficult from the timing point of view.  Not only are you not going to be sleeping well at first, but you also can't really party, drink, ect.  Which makes it really tough for a college aged person.  Perhaps in retirement I'll pick it back up!  :P

Offline Alex Lou

• the scattered
  • Evaluator
  • Inaccurate Count
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »
I don't know what you guys are talking about.  I tend toward biphasic because I'm young and I don't like to go to bed before midnight.  So if I go to bed at 1am and wake at 6:30am for work, a nap in the middle of the day will compensate.