Author Topic: Nebulous Logic from gruffy  (Read 15362 times)

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
Re: Nebulous Logic from gruffy
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2009, 10:58:40 AM »
I can't get ZZTop out of my mind now.

Hehehe, they wern't truly epic like ZZTop, but now you mention it ZZTop have been on my mind a lot lately :o They were in Berlin the same time as me last month, and a friend of mine saw them play 2 weeks ago! I find the source of dream signs to be of much interest lately, this could be it here!
trip me up.

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »
I can't get ZZTop out of my mind now.

Hehehe, they wern't truly epic like ZZTop, but now you mention it ZZTop have been on my mind a lot lately :o They were in Berlin the same time as me last month, and a friend of mine saw them play 2 weeks ago! I find the source of dream signs to be of much interest lately, this could be it here!

Well it's a curious coincidence otherwise :D.  Impressed they're still going.  Didn't look specially young 20 years ago.
Bu

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2009, 05:51:57 PM »
Recently I have been thinking about how best to use the dream rating system. A rather crappy dream (Cliff, below) got me thinking about whether I should rate dreams based on how well I recalled them, or how much I enjoyed them. A most logical way to do it would be to base the rating on a mix of a both factors, so I will be partially doing this. However most of the rating will come from how much I enjoyed it.

Mortally Misty [Fragment]
I kind of had my first experince of a forum member in a dream (sort of)! From reading a few DJs it seems like this can become a relatively common experience, although maybe not normally appear like this:

I see a silver tin in the corner of a room. It has a label on it that says 'lucidbulbs'.

I fail to become lucid, by assuming that the tin only contains bulbs like those you would plant in a garden.

Cliff [Dream] :2s:
This could well be a couple of dreams mashed together. I am with my Dad, my sister and a friend. We're all on a crazy trek through some forestry and other stoney terrain. There are various hazards in the path that we overcome, and nothing is too challenging. We soon arrive at this large rock with a small horizontal slit in the miidle. Everyone ahead of me crawls through it really easily and waits on the other side.

When it comes to my turn, I put my head in the gap and instantly feel that it is absolutely too small for my head. I lean up and everyone on the other side is saying how easy it is. From a distance I survey my dads head, and decide that if his can fit through then mine definitely can. I try and struggle some more. It really is very unpleasant and I am getting dirty and sweaty. The others seem to be getting agitated.

Next thing I know, I am on top of a large cliff (the end of the trek) and it is evening. The side is really steep. Pretty much perfectly verticle. Down on the beach below I see a comedy show happening. The comedian Vic Reeves is talking to a group of poeple all sat at tables. I somehow get down to where the comedy is going on with my Dad. When we arrive everyone just stares at us without talking, so we leave.
trip me up.

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2009, 05:54:17 PM »
Teacher [Dream] :3s:
I am a trainee teacher starting work with a class of quite young kids- maybe around 9-10. The first 2 days of the week are pretty uneventful, the only cool thing being that I have to get a long bus journey to the school. It is in a nice forest town place.

On the third day, whilst waiting for my morning bus I am distracted by a guy I've known my whole life, T. We faff around a bit before rushing onto a bus that he assures will get us where we want to go. I am doubtful and generally untrusting of T (once, he was on my Gameboy and evolved a Pokemon of mine. I had wanted to wait a few levels before doing this, but I told him it was fine as long as he didn't save the game. Needless to say he saved it, and I acted nonchalant. This may sound trivial, but has remained the defining moment of my relationship with T. I bet he doesn't even remember it hehe).

We end up getting off the bus in a rather uninspiring little village. Smashed plantpots and overgrown weeds are everywhere, but T walks me over to a painted grey stone wall surrounding an old house. By this point I am getting pretty agitated, worried about how late to work I will be and the impression that will give to my new employers. T points out some photos on the wall, and explains that that is a young him and his 2 friends. They grew up here. While T talks about the large smashed pieces of ceramic everywhere, I feign interest and urge that we try to find a bus stop.

I am at a the bus stop staring at a poster for a rock and roll concert. Cue WBTB here.

I am now on the top floor of someones house. There are 2 rooms with wooden floor. I am with 3 other people, but cannot recall now who they were. We start to have this crazy video game style battle, involving the turn based selection of moves. All four of us have health and mana bars near our heads that are fully visible and represent our state.

I recall some cool moves occured, but no specifics. I am, at one stage, losing quite badly, I have no mana left to cast moves. The fight stops for some reason and I have a chance to 'recharge'. Recall a bit broken about all of this unfortunately. It was the best part of the night. After a while I realise I was supposed to be trying to find my way to work at the school.
trip me up.

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2009, 10:32:08 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 12:44:29 PM »
Anybody who would evolve a guy's pokemon and then save it definitely cannot be trusted! :shakehead:

Kidding, I know what you mean.  You sound like me, the way you hold onto a grudge!  Forgive, but never forget--that's my motto too.

Omg I know! :P It could have been with anything, not just my little Pokemen. Any situation like this:

Me: "Please don't do A, I don't want A to happen"
Other: *Deliberately does A, waits for reaction*

is plenty for a grudge. Glad to know I am not alone.
trip me up.

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »
Radiohead [Dream] :3s:
I am in some squash courts with Radiohead and a bunch of their fans who are travelling around with them. We are all walking down some stairs from the squash court viewing platform to head to the bus to take us to the next place. As we are walking there, someone asks the band what they think about rumours concerning the band splitting up. Thom from the band replies with something like "break-up, schmake-up", not even breaking step on route to the bus. This makes everyone in the group happy and quite excited.

As we near the bus, I see a very large white spike sticking out of the concrete car park floor into the side of the bus. It is jagged and rough. It looks a bit like ice. It is ignored by everyone and we pile into the seats of the tour bus. The interior is nice, it's a smart bus. Radiohead are all sat near the front, behind the driver. I am pretty far from them, and not very happy about it. To my delight we are all told that we will have to change buses (I guess because of that spike) and so the coach empties.

I try to ensure that I will be sat near Radiohead by sitting near the front on the drivers side. I keep the seats in front of me free for the band (lol at my fanboyish ways) whilst looking around for them. When I look back at the seats in front, my housemate R is sat there! I am not happy, I was trying to save them. However I don't mention anything and Radiohead end up sat at the back of the bus, again far from me.

P [Dream] :2s:
Outside the entrance to a university is a platform on a pole. It is only chest height and has a book on top of it. Inside are little summaries of all the courses that are on offer. I see a woman looking at them, and I quickly recognise it to be P (a friend of my mum that neither of us have seen for absolutely years and years). We talk a little about the course and I randomly ask if she would be interested in coming over to my place. (I guess I must have had a latent fancy for her when I was a kid ;P).

She says yes and we start walking back. We walk through a group of gangsters. Some are breakdancing and they are all having a pretty nice time. Out of nowhere P bursts into gangster mode, including an exaggerated gangster walk, hand motions and rapping. The people all around are amused and impressed as we walk past. I find it amusing and laugh a bit, but am also heavily, heavily confused.

We arrive back and my girlfriend is there. I am distracted by her, completely forgetting about P, and the night passes. I do not recall what took place unfortunately. The next thing I know it's the morning. I look up and see that P is sat perched on a table top by the wall. I immediately remember inviting her over and feel guilty for spending no time with her. I am alone so invite her to lie on the bed with me. She does, it's comfortable and after a few minutes we have a singular kiss.

Football [Dream] :1s:
Oh my days this was is pretty boring on paper. Watching the football lasted the longest, and that was fun, but that doesn't really come across in the writing.
I come across a large grassy field surrounded by houses. There is about 200 people playing a single game of football. I am hovering near the outskirts of the mayhem trying not to get too involved.

One guy chasing the ball comes kind of close, and I ask him if everyone here knows eachother. "Nah, not really" he says, "come on, I'll introduce you to my grandparents". I think this sounds kind of reasonable so we walk to a big shooping centre where they are apparently waiting for him.

When we arrive, I realise that the guy is actually my good friend LS. He sits between 2 old people and we talk a bit about nothing interesting. My own grandparents are sat in the group also, apparently good friends of L's grandparents.

I make some excuses and leave. As I head up an escalator on the way out, I see that I have left my bag on the ground floor. I look closely at it from above and realise that it is identical to my rucksack in every way except that the zips are purple and more cheap looking than normal. Content that it is not my bag, I leave.
trip me up.

Offline Burned up

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
Radiohead [Dream] :3s:
I am in some squash courts with Radiohead and a bunch of their fans who are travelling around with them.

Cool, Radiohead.  Been thinking about them lately?

(I guess I must have had a latent fancy for her when I was a kid ;P).

Haha it's possible.  Although presumably not a sexual one.  Just liked the look of her perhaps?

I am alone so invite her to lie on the bed with me. She does, it's comfortable and after a few minutes we have a singular kiss.

I am very happy for you :D
It doesn't really matter who the DC is so long as we get our intimacy in our dreams.  Well, that's what I think.
Bu

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »
Cool, Radiohead.  Been thinking about them lately?

Just all the time, like usual :D

Haha it's possible.  Although presumably not a sexual one.  Just liked the look of her perhaps?

Must have been, although when I was a kid I think I was a bit afraid of this one O_O

I am very happy for you :D
It doesn't really matter who the DC is so long as we get our intimacy in our dreams.  Well, that's what I think.

Couldn't agree more. Twas a pretty rare dream treat for me.
trip me up.

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
Couple of dreams from this weekend just gone. The skydiving one was cool, would have been a sweet situation to become lucid methinks!

Kittens [Dream] :2s:
In a cardboard box in my garage, I have a box of kittens. They are normal in every way except that they are blue. Light, faded blue. All of them. After looking at them all wriggling round the box for a while I lift one out.

It's pretty playful, but it tries to bite me a bit. I worry that they are being raised to like nibbling on people and consider phoning OD for some advice on raising the kitties (she loves cats IRL, and is in fact currently raising a single kitten).

Skydive [Dream] :3s:
I am in a nice room with big panoramic windows. The house is on a hill so we can see over a load of land. We really are very very high up, the town below is tiny. I think it's some kind of small party, a gathering of maybe 10 of my friends.

As I look out the window, the building is so high up that I can see skydivers falling past. They havn't even opened their parachutes yet. My friend C is there, and he looooves skydiving (as in RL). He quickly grabs a metal divice that makes a *klanging* noise whenever he uses it. He runs over to the window to try to get the attention of the skydivers with his noise.

Unfortunately it fails by not being loud enough, so we all run to a big metal door at the back of the house. We heave it open and all get into a waiting light aircraft, which I think was already flying when we got in. We fly nearby to the skydivers (who have presumably been falling quite slowly :P) and start trying to grab their attention. To achieve this, we are trying to hit them with long, twisted bits of metal whilst holding onto our plane.
trip me up.

Offline gruffydd

• Applier
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2009, 05:47:50 PM »
Saw a recurring DC, which was kinda strange. He has a bit of a hunch, is bald, and has a weird stubble.

Parties [Fragments]
It's a party for my sisters birthday, but by the end of the dream the party is for my friend JD. I seem to remeber a fairground ride, a set of small cupboards, a large house and an archway.

Rhine [Dream] :2s:
Me and a friend of mine, AW, are walking along the bank of the Rhine in Basel. It is a sunny day and we are trying to get buy some marijuana. We get offers for a 'sackli' from 2 different people. IDR the first price but a woman charging 6 swiss francs. We decide to buy from her and grab our goods before walking back the way we came.

As we walk, a crazy guy starts walking alongside (I KNOW I knew this guy, I am 90% sure he is a recurring DC. He creeps me out a bit, kinda intense). He asked why we bought the cannabis. We said it was because we have a day trip planned to Europapark and it will enhance the trip. He gets excited and asks if we are going to this special event that Europapark is hosting.

He explains that the event involves Europapark hiring hundreds of beautiful women and making them ride the rides all day. They ensure that every ride is 2/3 full with sexy ladiez, and 1/3 with normal guys. OH WHAT FUN. Those poor, sad young men. We suggest to him that this will surely make queues at the park last 3 times as long. He replies something like "it sure will!".
trip me up.

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Burned up

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »
Saw a recurring DC, which was kinda strange. He has a bit of a hunch, is bald, and has a weird stubble.
As we walk, a crazy guy starts walking alongside (I KNOW I knew this guy, I am 90% sure he is a recurring DC. He creeps me out a bit, kinda intense).

You've found an archetype.  Excellent.  I've read about this - something about not being afraid of the badness as it provides energy or something.  (Whatever energy that is).  Ah, that's it, accepting him in your dreams helps you integrate "him" into your RL and you become more aware of your true self.  So the book goes, anyway.

He asked why we bought the cannabis. We said it was because we have a day trip planned to Europapark and it will enhance the trip. He gets excited and asks if we are going to this special event that Europapark is hosting.

He explains that the event involves Europapark hiring hundreds of beautiful women and making them ride the rides all day. They ensure that every ride is 2/3 full with sexy ladiez, and 1/3 with normal guys. OH WHAT FUN. Those poor, sad young men. We suggest to him that this will surely make queues at the park last 3 times as long. He replies something like "it sure will!".

It sure will :chuckle:
Bu