Author Topic: 01 - Current beliefs about dreams. Recording a dream for use in the workshop.  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Project leader
  • Evaluator
Bu

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Is it OK to comment in these step posts?  There is sure to be some interesting discussion.

Just wanted to say that reading through everybody's beliefs about dreams has been MOST fascinating!  Thanks to everyone for laying it all out there on the table.

The breadth of beliefs among us is incredible, and all the more so when considering how much all of us are involved in dreaming and sharing our dream lives with each other.

None of what I read surprised me, but it did make me realize what a diverse bunch we really are when it comes to what might bring us together here.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline mu

• Ishmael
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
I agree with pj, Bu.  This is all very, very interesting.

You have a way of always coming up with good questions.  :goodjob:

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Project leader
  • Evaluator
Is it OK to comment in these step posts?  There is sure to be some interesting discussion.

Yes, of course.

Just wanted to say that reading through everybody's beliefs about dreams has been MOST fascinating!  Thanks to everyone for laying it all out there on the table.

Indeed it has.  I did some collating last night and will post the results tomorrow.
The exercise was more about getting a list of possible ways of looking at dreams rather than to come out with any stats, though.

The breadth of beliefs among us is incredible, and all the more so when considering how much all of us are involved in dreaming and sharing our dream lives with each other.

None of what I read surprised me, but it did make me realize what a diverse bunch we really are when it comes to what might bring us together here.

Yes, that's my first thought.  Dream Dictionaries and Freud came in for a bit of a bashing which I could have predicted.  A range of views on the more esoteric/spiritual end of dreaming.  PDP (previous day's processing) and its variants were popular.  But pretty well everything else is in the mix for many of us.

I agree with pj, Bu.  This is all very, very interesting.

You have a way of always coming up with good questions.  :goodjob:

Thanks mu.  Much of what I come out with arises from hanging out with you guys, so think of it as "what goes around, comes around".  Well, we're hardly started so hopefully more stimulating stuff to come!
Bu