Author Topic: RC Fast  (Read 1991 times)

Offline maniakalBycikle

• Spinning through circles...
  • Analyzer
RC Fast
« on: July 09, 2008, 01:18:58 AM »
I had a crazy idea today at work....what would happen if you went on an RC fast?  I know that I do RC's like crazy sometimes, so it would make sense that my mind thinks its normal (especially if I don't think about it much).  If I stopped doing RC's completely, would my mind notice the difference, and make me more aware? 

So basically I would do RC's like normal, and then suddenly, for no reason, stop doing RC's for a couple days.  Then do twice as many RC's the next day or so, while thinking "I haven't done many RC's lately."

Hopefully in a dream I would think that to myself and do an RC.

When the Rainmakers Wrokshop is over I'll really try this for a few weeks and see what happens.
...in the search of flow.

Offline Budster

• Computer Science - Student at IUPUI
  • Synthesizer
  • Inactive beyond measure.
Re: RC Fast
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:30:32 AM »
Interesting idea... I might participate in this.
I suppose I'm not here anymore. Feel free to message me on Steam. (BUDSTER)

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 07:14:37 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline maniakalBycikle

• Analyzer
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:37:39 PM »
Awesome, thanks guys for helping.  :)  Remember to post any results!!  I'll probably start this next week.

Offline maniakalBycikle

• Analyzer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:01:03 PM »
Ok, I'm going to be sure to do lots of RC's for a few days, and really think about each one.  Hopefully it wont be to busy at work.  Then on the final day, I'm going to completely stop doing RC's.  If I think about it I'm gonna try to forget.  ...and then we'll see what happens.

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:42:22 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Mes Tarrant

• Haha. Hehe.
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »
This is a really unique idea. :D

I haven't done this on purpose, but here is some relative bit of experience I can share: I used to RC quite often and then I stopped because of laziness or whatever. After that, for a period of about 2 months I'd say, I had a spontaneous lucid dream (from doing a RC in a dream) about 4 times a month or so. It was crazy. Like, the moment I stopped I trying, it all started to effortlessly happen for me.

But that wore off after a time, and I had to start RCing again.
"I'm disappointed with this universe... I expected some better music."
- a DC dad

Offline maniakalBycikle

• Analyzer
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 02:16:22 AM »
This is a really unique idea. :D

I haven't done this on purpose, but here is some relative bit of experience I can share: I used to RC quite often and then I stopped because of laziness or whatever. After that, for a period of about 2 months I'd say, I had a spontaneous lucid dream (from doing a RC in a dream) about 4 times a month or so. It was crazy. Like, the moment I stopped I trying, it all started to effortlessly happen for me.

But that wore off after a time, and I had to start RCing again.

That's a perfect example of this!  And I guess I can relate as well, it seems like whenever I'm the most discouraged I have a LD.   ???

I haven't done a single RC since Friday.   :o  I also haven't been thinking of dreaming very much.  So far, nothing has happened.  In fact, I think my recall has been shot down the drain.  I think one of the reasons is that I haven't thought to myself "I haven't done an RC in a long time."  so, tomorrow I think I'm going to start doing a ton of RC's. 

...and we'll see what happens.