Author Topic: Quantum Mirrors: Part II  (Read 3180 times)

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
  • drowning in synchronicities...
Re: Quantum Mirrors: Part II
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2019, 08:18:20 AM »
Thanks! And that reminds me: have you ever played Mirror's Edge? I *think* you would like it!

I can attest to VR influencing bizarre dreams!

I never played Skyrim but it's supposed to be really good!! I think I would enjoy it!

I have a soft spot for Zelda and Final Fantasy 10!

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2019, 08:12:35 AM »
I never played Skyrim either until it came to PlayStation VR. Because I had skipped a couple generations of video games, giving them up for a long time. But got a PS4 when it came out. I had no idea when I got the PLaystation, I'd be experiencing VR on it... It's really amazing.

Yeah, Skyrim is a great VR game, even if a little graphically outdated because of originally being a PS3 game. But is still very beautiful and an amazing world to hang out in and explore. But  they are working on a new one, for the current age, and modern VR. Should be Phenomenal.

I put  in Skyrim for a little while yesterday to experiment with doing awareness meditation in virtual reality. Was fun, just wandering around looking at everything questioning if I'm dreaming. Unfortunately I can't use my watch as an RC in VR since I can't see it. Have to either nose pinch, or look at something I can read and use that. I use my swivel chair for VR and spent some time sitting out on my deck at the lake house. Enjoying the scenery, listening to the song birds. Watching a hawk flying around. It started raining and was cool to look up and see the rain drops coming down on my face.

I've heard of Mirrors Edge. I'm sure I'd probably enjoy it. But I'm kind of partial to Dying Light as it's parkouring through the Zombie apocalypse. My two favorite things combined. Doesn't get any better than that, unless they find a way to do it in VR  too. :) VR needs a really good zombie apocalypse survival game. I have Arizona Sunshine which is fun with the Aim Controller. But they could do much better than that. It's kind of a simple game, and a bit cartoonish. But still entertaining.   Resident Evil biohazard VR is awesome but not really a zombie game.  It's more like surviving the house of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre family mansion.  With bizarre mutations and monsters too. It's insanely fun though in VR. With unbelievable true to life scale monsters and demented mutating family members. 

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »
Ahh, that's fair!

I loved the Mirror's Edge game (even if I couldn't beat the end lol) due to the futurist settings and the music by Solar Fields! ^___^

My best friend is a big fan of the game Alien: Isolation~

have you played that one?

It has a lot of scenes that are supposed to be jump scares due to this creature named the Xenomorph. It's in futurist settings. I heard it's supposed to be really good, but I never played it - or Dying Light.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2019, 11:49:10 AM »
There was a garage sale and I went there to see what I would be able to buy. Apparently, they had Zelda: Spirit Tracks that I never played irl and some other games so I went back home to ask my mom if I could buy it and she said no. I did end up buying it though. Later, I went back there and Alin (my friend who likes Ladytron) was there LMAO. Not expecting it.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2019, 08:04:20 AM »
No I never played Alien Isolation. Wanted to though. I didn't know it was a jump scare game, though I can imagine there must be some of those. I thought it was more psychological fear. As your character is weak in comparison to the alien. And you have to try and survive being on the ship with the vicious monster that probably wants to impregnate you. Because that's how those aliens reproduce. Planting the alien babies in your stomach and they grow and rip out through your stomach killing you in the process. Didn't you ever see the movies?

They call it Xenomorph because that's what they called the aliens in the movies. When I was a kid my mom took me to the second Aliens movie when it was in the theater, made by James Cameron. Same person that made Avatar and Titanic, Terminator 2. I had no idea what I was in for. Seeing Aliens in the theater as a kid was the single most terrifying movie experience I ever had.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2019, 02:16:32 PM »
Oh, okay. No, I never saw the movies so I don't know much about them. Thanks for explaining that.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2019, 02:55:54 PM »
I was at a park and the children there were just playing around.
I ended up inside of a glider and wanting to fly. I was thinking about some of the music I think would suit gliding.

That's all. lol.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2019, 12:11:43 PM »
I was at the university that I'm attending irl in the spring except it was... different. I was sitting on a table and somebody sat next to me and we became friends, but she went to get some food. However, I couldn't figure out where the food place was and while looking for it, I ended up in a futuristic-looking room where people were sitting at computers next to showers! It was really bizarre. I asked around for help and somebody told me I wouldn't be able to guess where the cafe was and they took me there and it wasn't where I thought it was.

The entrance was a reddish door that slid open by itself and there was another door with a slot where I had to enter my ticket a certain way for it to work. I ended up there finally and somebody that I knew from art camp was there (the director of the art camp!) and she gave me a hug and asked me if I ever got my driver's license - so apparently somebody must have told her I was in the process of getting my driver's license. I said I was getting it in the next two months if everything goes according to plan. Then I saw my friend again...

Later, my friend Emily was there, and she was working on an animation project with one of her other best friends - and I asked how they got the effects a certain way - or how they animated the characters and stuff (like the process). Emily put an extrude effect on a door that was in the animation - and her friend did most of the characters. There was another animation piece that Emily did that featured a trance song I used to listen to back in 7th grade and rediscovered in the last two years - and it was projected on a holographic screen for display. So, yeah, this whole college was really futuristic.

Later, I ended up at community college in math class. I was trying to catch up on all of my assignments. I asked somebody a question about computers... don't remember the question.

Before this whole dream, I had another dream but I forgot most of it. I do remember being trapped by flames and trying to get out of the flames and my friend Emily was there, too. I think this dream stemmed from her having a connection with Apokolips. Then we excited the flames and ended up somewhere else... don't remember. There was something about a bathroom and a toilet lol. And then trying to get across a certain labyrinth and people were eating after they were done but some were denied food... ??? Yeah, if I suddenly remember - I'll put it up.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 01:37:38 PM by kineticwaves »

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Analyzer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2019, 02:18:33 PM »
Your futuristic college sounds like an inspiring place to be. I wish I could dream of such places. My schools are boring old typical schools with boring old typical subjects. I hope you dream of it again.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2019, 04:27:44 PM »
Hey, thanks! I actually had a similar dream today.

I don't remember all of it, but I'll write down the parts I remember before they slip away.

I was talking to a friend on Facebook about some random song (that doesn't exist irl) and while I was talking to my friend I ended up transported to another realm of my religious beliefs in the dream. There were two portals, one named heaven and the other named hell and the one named heaven was an afterlife influenced by sci-fi things. By entering that portal, I'd end up traveling between several dimensions - there was a black sphere that I was traveling in - and it felt sort of like a roller coaster. While traveling, I was moving around the sphere... I compared it to the opening scene on Dr. Who. My brain also conjured up the idea of Egyptian stuff in this portal as well and I ended up saying that this afterlife combined is what I believed in.

My friend and I ended up in the portal / sphere together one time... kind of forgot some stuff, because I was gonna write this down earlier...

Something about some office room with books? I think I met my friend here again...

I was in a futuristic room at school and it was very white and minimalistic but there were posters on the wall that had the names of all of the courses on them. The posters looked really sleek and the whole room looked futuristic. I heard this futuristic sounding melody in my head and woke up with it...

I ended up talking to my friend ? I think about tarot cards and I said I liked the one with the pink design but she said she liked the one with the blue / industrial design and I mentioned my interest in a lot of the futuristic art stuff... don't know if this person I spoke to was the same person as the one I talked to on Facebook...

There was another part of the dream but it was kind of gross and involved bugs... there were rooms that had invisible bugs that needed to be vacuumed and I worried that there were bugs in my room that needed to be vacuumed... not sure why I'd vacuum them lol.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:33:03 PM by kineticwaves »

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2019, 03:30:48 AM »
It's been a couple of months, because of braindrain i guess... but,

I had a really strange and somewhat terrifying (although interesting at times dream)

The first part was what freaked me out

I was in the living room talking to my mom and she mentioned something hurtful about why my brother had to die when he was the one with faith and why I still got to live. And in the dream, she talked about how the Illuminati wanted my brother dead and wanted me alive due to our different religious beliefs. It was really fucked up, and irl my mom doesn't talk about conspiracy theories like the illuminati lol, but before my brother died, he had an obsession with conspiracy theories like the illuminati and irl my mom brought something up about my brother's obsessions with it

In the dream, I talked to my sister as well about a dream I had and she told my mom and my mom and sister were freaking out and saying that even though things are going mostly well for me irl (like my art stuffs) that I'm going to burn in hell. That didn't feel good. : / But yeah, onto the next part of the dream I envisioned myself on one of the levels on the Tron game (that I bought off of steam) which looked different and I was trying to collect these purple orbs...

And then there was something about Future Sound of London's otherworldly/alien CD that I like - Lifeforms - each segment of the CD representing different paths... the last part being enlightenment and everything sort of blurred... but yeah...I think I was walking down my street trying to escape all the chaos that was going on around me and then I tried going to my neighbor's house to tell her that my mom and sister said that I'm going to burn in hell and that's my fate that I can't escape, even if I live an artistic life on Earth

But yeah... then there was something about an apocalyptic image in the sky of giant purple orbs and reds...

This dream was a strange mixture between fucked up, terrifying, and interesting at times, and I had to record it

To clarify: even though my mom isn't necessarily *happy* with my own beliefs, she would never say that about my success/happiness irl. This part of the dream manifested due to a conversation we had the day before about my brother's obsession with Illuminati/NWO and other nutty things like that
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:37:00 AM by kineticwaves »

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2019, 03:32:24 AM »
Alsoooooo,

there was another dream that I a week ago that I remember the last part of... and it was literally a part of a song that I was going to work on...

I had somebody singing in an alien voice "we'll all be living in stardust, in the land of free" and I still have to freaking make it... I've been learning to make like synthwave lately but I'm pretty sure that song would be like ambient with some tribal sounds and sci-fi noises

But yeah, I can still hear the lyric in my head of the girl singing it before my dream glitched and I woke up

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2019, 05:48:31 AM »
My brother and dad were still alive and I looked in the refrigerator for pizza rolls, because I saw a whole bunch of other food that my dad bought. There weren't any pizza rolls, but there was a lot of other food.

There was an enneagram/mbti wheel thing being spun and I kept trying to use it to see what mine would end up as and I kept getting the same few options although irl I'm pretty sure on my type

Something about how my brother was focusing on finishing a game and how I wanted to, but I was obsessing over my school stuff. I saw a vague window into a menger sponge fractal dimension which was related to the game  my brother was playing and I ended up inside of that dimension which was kind of Inception-esque (squares upon squares, think infinity) and I was trying to find all of the hidden levels/codes within the dimension and then I noticed a space which I fell off of but then landed on top of other menger sponge squares although they were really small and if I fell down I would end up falling into even another dimension lol although one of the menger sponges was moving (one of the squares) to get me to another part of the platform and I referred to this as one of the weird levels of the game when I probably should have found more obvious levels... and my brother told me about a weird secret code related to this particular level...

Something about how I like purple but my brother only likes purple with a reddish tint and what he referred to as greenish purple (which wasn't purple and looked green lmao)

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2019, 07:06:22 AM »
My dream was weird. I was outside and I decided to take a walk, but as I hit close to the end of the road, I felt like I needed to turn back. Then as I was turning back, these orange lightning strikes were hitting the ground. As I was walking back, they kept trying to reach me, but didn't. Then as I was close to my house again which looked . . . different (I think dome-shaped and wooden if I'm remembering correctly) and penguins were falling out of the sky and I saw penguins chilling back where I walked from... I was holding one of the penguins and was like 'awwww!' but I couldn't figure out why there were penguins where I was lmao. Then I went on Discord on Amduat Caverns and asked why I was experiencing this stuff (with the lightning strikes and penguins)

annnnnnd... irl, I made that song that I dreamed up (we'll all be living in stardust)... it must have been my subconscious mind speaking to me, similar to when i started dreaming up gramophone fish and they ended up in my drawing Dream Synthesis : D

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2019, 06:22:29 AM »
Wow that would be weird. Penguins everywhere and even falling from the sky. I can just imagine it, lol.