Author Topic: Quantum Mirrors: Part II  (Read 2727 times)

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
  • drowning in synchronicities...
Re: Quantum Mirrors: Part II
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2019, 08:41:07 AM »
yeah it was bizarro lmao : D
they were pretty cute though, but penguins are adorable

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2019, 08:04:15 PM »
bump
Finding my way back.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2019, 08:56:03 PM »
tbh, i haven't really had any memorable dreams lately but i ended up making something based off of a dream i had

i'm sure my dreams will come back! sometimes, they need to take a rest

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2019, 12:35:44 PM »
They always come back, if you want them to badly enough. When I decided to start writing in my journal again, I decided I would write something every day even if there was nothing at all recalled.  That's what I will write, that I didn't recall anything. Or if there was a vague feeling of the dream. I will write the feeling, and what I suspect that I might have been dreaming. I think the important thing, is putting in the effort, to convince your mind that your dreams are important enough to you to remember.   

That also depends on how well my wrists hold up of course.  I should probably avoid typing much on other forums and save it for my journal as much as possible.  Maybe if I get off the damn caffeine I won't be as compelled to chat quite as much, lol. 
Finding my way back.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2019, 04:07:55 AM »
Definitely!! I'm not sure if there's a connection between dreams and caffeine (at least in my case), because I've had vivid dreams even when I drank caffeine, but I definitely heard that. It seems they come and go and come and go, which is okay. Sometimes school and stuff gets in the way and I take breaks from my journal.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2019, 10:15:28 AM »
Definitely!! I'm not sure if there's a connection between dreams and caffeine (at least in my case), because I've had vivid dreams even when I drank caffeine, but I definitely heard that. It seems they come and go and come and go, which is okay. Sometimes school and stuff gets in the way and I take breaks from my journal.

Well I have proven to myself that I can have recall while on the caffeine so I was thinking it might be okay. Though caffeine has always been a detriment to dreaming for me. 

If I'm not on it I will just all around be better able to focus and concentrate on my dreaming which will of course help the progress of both recall and lucidity. Even for the simple fact that I'll be more inclined to sleep a little more, and be able to do more proper WBTB's.
As it is, on the caffeine, the first thing I think of when I wake up and look at my clock is if it's time to get up and make my coffee yet. And I just want to wake up and get high on caffeine and watch something on Netflix. So that in itself is a distraction and detriment.

But at the same time, it's difficult to want to give up the one thing in waking life that I have any interest in anymore, and one thing I look forward to waking up for. But on the flip side of that as well, I know I'll be in a way better place mentally when I have my dreaming back on track and feeling more back to my old self, maybe, hopefully.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:25:08 AM by Caradon »
Finding my way back.

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2019, 04:26:11 AM »
I haven't remembered my dreams lately except for today.

I was in my room and a weird person from VC (on Discord) was talking to me and from what I remember - they were trying to help me with something. I felt awkward though so I went outside - except I went outside through my art room window. It was light out and sunny and I was walking through somebody's yard. I was then on the sidewalk and it was suddenly rainy and dark - yet I felt somewhat calm-ish. My mom was at the store and I wanted to call one of my friends so I did - while I was walking in the rain late at night. We were talking about hanging out on a day I wasn't at school and finally decided on a day - a Wednesday. I kept walking and ended up at the library and saw some interesting books about folklore and stuff. One book was about rune stones and caught my eye. I also saw a fairy metropolis book (that I own irl) and wanted to check it out... I saw a box of poly-sided dice.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:31:54 AM by kineticwaves »

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2019, 04:30:39 AM »

Well I have proven to myself that I can have recall while on the caffeine so I was thinking it might be okay. Though caffeine has always been a detriment to dreaming for me. 

If I'm not on it I will just all around be better able to focus and concentrate on my dreaming which will of course help the progress of both recall and lucidity. Even for the simple fact that I'll be more inclined to sleep a little more, and be able to do more proper WBTB's.
As it is, on the caffeine, the first thing I think of when I wake up and look at my clock is if it's time to get up and make my coffee yet. And I just want to wake up and get high on caffeine and watch something on Netflix. So that in itself is a distraction and detriment.

But at the same time, it's difficult to want to give up the one thing in waking life that I have any interest in anymore, and one thing I look forward to waking up for. But on the flip side of that as well, I know I'll be in a way better place mentally when I have my dreaming back on track and feeling more back to my old self, maybe, hopefully.

That's true. I think caffeine effects people differently. I've had some really vivid dreams after drinking caffeine before and times where I drank caffeine and didn't remember my dreams. I'm almost inclined to think it doesn't effect my dreams, because my dreams (or lack thereof) are dependent on other factors - like stress or a lot of stuff going on or creative ideas swimming in my head.

Hope your dreams come back!

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2019, 01:05:20 AM »
I dreamed about one of my favorite painters Josephine Wall and asked her how I can improve my own artwork and get to that level. I saw a glimpse of a blueish room with cubes and something about starseeds on Tumblr. Except from what I can remember, I felt drenched in the blue worlds. I wrote something about a hole that was drilled into my face on Discord. I was stressed because I thought there was something wrong, but the rest of the dream was super interesting to me. I'd like to make a semi-aquatic blue world with cubes. Probably tesseracts.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:29:49 AM by kineticwaves »

Offline kineticwaves

• Applier
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2019, 02:29:25 AM »
I just turned on a Ladytron song irl and remember a snippet of a dream (not sure if it was a part of the previous dream) where Ladytron already made a new song.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2019, 09:00:37 AM »
Sounds like a nice dream, except for the part about having a hole drilled into your face lol. I like those kinds of dreams, where you meet some kind of idols or someone famous like characters from a favorite show or movie.
Finding my way back.