Author Topic: Contratonics' Dream Journal  (Read 621 times)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
Re: Contratonics' Dream Journal
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2020, 10:44:14 AM »
01/28/20

No recall for no sleep.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2020, 11:51:15 AM »
01/29/20

Walking through a mall parking lot. Suddenly from a small squat building a sniper opens fire on an oil truck nearby. Her shots behave oddly, denting the metal oil tank and shoving the vehicle a foot or two with each impact, but not piercing it. I take cover behind an SUV and someone else in the area shouts at her, starting an argument back and forth about why she's firing her weapon in public in the first place. There's a couple of stray dogs panicking nearby, and I get them into cover with me while watching the scene.

I notice that the sniper isn't actually trying to injure anyone, and instead seems to be taking showy trick shots. One person holds a coin over their head, which she shoots out of their hand cleanly. I step out from behind the SUV and join the argument, mostly critiquing her attempt to make a flashy explosion with the oil truck. We argue about how gasoline works for a moment until I give up and lead the strays away to a nearby restaurant.

The place is pretty bland on the inside, it looks closed, but there's a wide stylish staircase leading downstairs to some kind of night club. One more floor down is a large, upscale looking Thai restaurant. I sit down at the bar, order an appetizer and make small talk with some of the other people hanging around.

The only part about my order that I remember is a pretty good sized whole scorpion with a tea bag tied to the base of its tail. I pick it up to look it over, and it turns out the thing is still alive. It stings my left hand, so I pinch it by the tail in my right. My left hand starts to feel slightly rigid and numb. At this point I rapidly fade back and forth between this restaurant scene and a false awakening scene of sitting on a stool in the kitchen of my apartment. My left hand is cramping in this scene as if to explain the sensations of stiffness and numbness in the restaurant scene.

I finally settle back in to the restaurant scene, where time has passed. The lights are out and the place is closed down. I look for my phone, but there's quite a few similar ones scattered around the tables. After checking enough of them I eventually find it in my coat pocket.

I start to walk out of the building just as staff come back in to open for the day. They ignore me on my way out. I leave through the back and out to a footpath between businesses. A man walks by complaining to himself about losing something, walking into a tiny police station next door to the restaurant. As I keep walking, the path shifts into an amusement park midway with well kept planters and water features.

One of them is an outdoor kitchen in the style of a car dashboard. A steering wheel shaped electric stove top, the handbrake is the handle of a deep fryer basket, ect. Beside it is a little carnival game that uses pressurized air to shoot tiny plastic balls into targets. I get a modest score and the machine deposits a keychain-sized stuffed animal into a metal slot at the bottom. There's a couple of others in the slot left over from other players who seem to have just left without taking their prizes.

Next to the machine is a narrow tunnel with larger stuffed animals on display. These have magnets inside, and are stuck to the wall of the tunnel. They change when their magnets are activated. One in particular is a tiger whose stripes glow when it's stuck to a magnetic surface. Another is a cute looking shark that opens up and turns inside out, changing into a small school of fish. While I'm messing with this shark plush the fish start talking to each other. They change back into the shark and it goes off on a monologue about becoming whole again.

As it does this, one side of the tunnel slides open and reveals an office. Two people in cheap costumes sit behind desks there, looking like old power rangers villains. Dream memory tells me I've triggered some sort of park event, bringing me and two other people in the tunnel into a sort of interactive show. The actors give us a selection of toy wrist-mounted devices that relate to different power rangers characters. I know nothing about any of this and pick one at random.

It turns out to be quite complicated, with several switches and levers that all activate different real functions on the toy. One extends a single large wheel that I can skate around on, and one of the other guests explains to me that it's one of the main features of the character this device belongs to in the show.

Eventually the villain actors lead us to a large cabin that's closed off to the rest of the park to continue with the event. There's four of us in total participating, and they're getting us oriented in a room with a large variety of costume pieces modeled after various power rangers shows. Patterned jumpsuits, plastic armor pieces, complicated helmets made out of several different interlocking pieces, ect. The others seem to know what they're doing, so I get some help from them getting my costume together.

Everyone is doing a pretty good job staying in character, so I play along, but while I'm getting my costume on little things keep interfering. Finally we realize that there's no jumpsuit that matches the character I assigned myself. We just go through a bunch of red ranger jumpsuits with one of the other guests giving me commentary about the characters they correspond to. It's not particularly helpful, but it is interesting to hear him describe something he clearly cares a lot about.

At one point when I try on one of the visor parts for a helmet and look at the guy, I see a different costumed character through the visor. When I pull the visor away from my face things are back to normal. The two of us look through some of the boots and shoes in the costume pieces and notice many of them are worn or damaged, suggesting that this event has been run through many times. I wonder to myself just how clean all these costumes really are.

We take a break to chat in character and the four of us head out to the balcony. We're interrupted by a trio of actors in their own monster costumes, and the other guests come up with an in-character reason why I can't help fight since I don't have a costume ready yet. They make a big show of guarding me from the monsters and sending me back inside.

While I'm there, a costumed actor acting as if she's invisible and spying on us starts surreptitiously helping me with completing my outfit. I end up looking nothing like a red ranger with a wintery grey-blue hooded costume, but at least it's done. I am able to get things sorted just in time for another actor coming in to try fighting me using a green dress shirt like he's a bullfighter. I play act some martial arts back and forth with him, and he seems pretty experienced with sparring like this, it's easy to move with him and we're even able to safely make contact a few times.

He runs off after a brief exchange, and I look myself over in a mirror. A man's head emerges beside mine from outside of the chest plate briefly, then vanishes. I rationalize this in the dream as the character this jumpsuit was modeled after having possessed armor or something like that.

Dream memory reminds me the I and the other guests will be allowed to keep the costumes we make after the event is over, and as I'm looking them over for damage I wake up.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:52:34 AM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2020, 12:21:10 AM »
01/30/20
ND

Not transcribing the whole thing here, strained my hands at work recently. Avoiding lots of typing

Gist is speeding through a series of just slightly wrong roads that I can't navigate successfully, jumping barriers and crashing into mail boxes. Arrive at a carnival, exploring maintenance hall behind a building.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2020, 07:57:44 AM »
Hands are feeling better, and with a slow work day yesterday / a day off today I should be able to let them rest more. Gonna run through some of the backlog here.

01/31/20

I'm interviewing a young man who dream memory tells me is the last student of an old form of parkour that's been misinterpreted in modern times by exaggerated legends and popular folk tales. We meet in front of a small dilapidated manor made mostly of flagstone. He climbs up one of the collapsed walls. He shows off one of the techniques his school was famous for, a jump that gives the illusion of changing direction midair. He describes it to me as a lightning strike that branches off from itself and then returnstogether as it strikes the ground.

After some discussion and demonstrations that the dream glosses over he invites me inside for dinner, and I wake up as we're walking indoors.

-

02/01/20
Fragment

Brief image of filling a small double-chambered capsule with a pale tan liquid. It's very light, even less viscous than water, and seems a bit volatile with some fumes spilling out before I'm able to cap it off.

-

02/02/20
Fragment

Walking through a large department store with aisles arranged in nonsensical patterns carrying odd goods. One I remember looking through was stocked entirely with Gatorade in various alcohol flavors like wine, several brands of beer, ect. Out in another aisle is a plastic mesh cage filled with returned and damaged items, and several cardboard boxes packed with a mystery assortment of stuff at a reduced price. I watch some other customers picking out furniture, toys and the like.

-

02/03/20
ND

I'm in a dense jungle, travelling away to a place I know as Titan Lands. Dream memory tells me I'm part of a group of people who hunt large mythical creatures, and the people in the titan lands are the old leaders who originally settled these lands. The dream never goes into my motivations, but I know that going to the titan lands is generally frowned upon for some reason.

I and others like me are mostly humanoid, a little hunched and animalistic looking with four arms and leathery grey-blue skin with scutes underneath, sort of like a turtle or a gator. Maybe imagine the neanderthal version of one of those aliens from Avatar. All of the animals in this world seem to be other members of this species, as shapeshifting seems to be a sort of defining trait. I'm accompanied by another who scouts ahead as a hawk.

Eventually the jungle opens up into hilly plains, and at the edge I find a pile of bodies that look like me. Most are damaged or mutated in some way or another, and dream memory identifies it as a dump for "failed experiments." A handful of them are alive and seem to be living around the pile. I try to greet one by shaking his hand, but as I do his whole arm rapidly decays and melts off of his body. He looks at it with a disappointed expression and turns to walk away.

I meet another, smaller person whose skin is apparently highly toxic. Just being near them damages one of my hands, which shrivels and eventually mutates into two different hands at the end of the same arm. With the extra hand I am able to pass through easier, as I look like I fit in with the experiments. I eventually leave the pile behind.

As I approach nearer to the hills I find several travelling elk who I walk with for a while. One of them shifts into his four-armed form and he is much more human in appearance than me. He asks why I came here, and I tell him that's a strange question to ask given he's a titan himself. He still seems confused about my interest, describing this place as a retirement home for titans and that they're not all as interesting as the stories people tell about them.

As an example, he explains that his job during the campaign to settle the continent as a "traffic dancer." Neither he or dream memory fill me in on what that means, but I am suitably disillusioned.

We eventually approach a few scattered houses in the hills, some of which have signs in front of them advertising rooms for rent. A large humanoid approaches us as we look at one of the houses, looking more like my titan travelling companion than me, and she corners us inside the house. I try to escape through a window, punching through the glass and cutting open the screen on the other side with a small knife, but before I can get through I turn around to stab at her, just a couple inches away from grabbing me.

My knife embeds itself into her hand all the way to the hilt, but she doesn't seem to be in any pain. She casually asks if I was too slow to get away before gathering up me and a couple of others like me who she's trapped. She says she'll have us compete with each other for our freedom. First is a falconry test. My hawk-shaped friend and I decide to go along with her, but the other two don't have any raptors. The titan woman tasks me with finding some for them to compete with, and as she leads me outside to supervise I wake up.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2020, 06:28:35 PM »
Wow wild dream. Congrats on the recall. And you dreamed of parkour, yay. I'm glad to hear your hands are doing better! Whatever happened...

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2020, 04:51:07 AM »
My job can be hard on my hands if I'm not careful. Nothing out of the ordinary. It just makes typing and sketching a literal pain sometimes, so I can't always do those as often as I'd like.

The parkour dream was neat, looks like some day residue from you all is starting to show up. Always a good sign.

02/04/20
No recall

02/05
ND

I'm with a group of three or four people exploring a run down looking city environment. All of us start out as little Pokemon looking creatures, but at some point the dream just transitions us to humans. We come across a pair of toy robots that appear to be sapient, but are barely functioning. We take them back to our home - a small studio apartment that dream memory says were squatting in - and try to fix them together. They are made of mismatched parts that look scavenged from the environment, and they are able to give us vague instructions on the sorts of materials they require.

The pink robot sort of "imprints" on me as it's being repaired, while the green one does the same with two of the others with us, a brother and sister as dream memory reminds me. The robots are relatively compliant to those they've imprinted on, and act on their own initiative to assist them with responsibilities, provide resources and otherwise be of service. They disobey instructions at their own discretion, including one request by the siblings to cook us all a four course meal and a request I make to the pink robot to sing a song with me while I worked, so they aren't completely subservient. Just very helpful.

The dream skips several years ahead in time, and at some point in the interim the group has gone their separate ways and lost track of the green robot. I and the pink robot track it down and retrieve it from the den of some sort of shadow creature that dream memory says is common in the older parts of the city.

We return it to the siblings it imprinted on. There's a moment where they seem afraid it will have forgotten them over time, but it reintroduces itself happily and they reunite like old friends. After that we realize that the shadow creature has followed us. We all try to fight it off together, but it injures me during the fight and I lose consciousness.

The dream transitions to me walking to a school campus with a head bandage, just returning to normal life after a brief hospitalization. Dream memory reminds me of some dietary and physical exertion restrictions I've been given while I heal. I meet up with the rest of my class in a hallway just in time to be taken on some kind of group work study trip. My classmates are an eclectic collection of humanoids, certainly not a normal waking life environment.

An intimidating man and woman approach us to take us to our destination. The man fumbles a bit with his introduction, and I crack a little joke about it that I don't remember now - something related to cats. The man tries to hold back a little laugh, and the intimidating atmosphere fades a bit.

The woman opens a for in the school that leads to a wide open desert area made of floating rocks and sand dunes, and we're given the impression that this is some sort of power she has. I and the rest of the class follow them across the alien landscape until some of us get separated. I meet up with one of the teachers from my school and Darth Vader who also seems lost here, and we decide to look for some of the rest of the class at a strip mall built out of one of the floating islands.

We enter one of the businesses to ask if they have seen any of the other students, and a shifty looking man in sky blue scrubs comes out to greet is. He takes us back through a hallway and inside we find several of my classmates unconscious in several treatment rooms. The man explains that he is changing their appearances to make them look more human, and shows us several mock-ups of what we might look like if we underwent the same procedure.

The images seem to have some sort of hypnotic effect on us, and I see visions of the events that made me inhuman - something the dream seems to be introducing at this point, as most of the dream I've been human. I see myself as a child being attacked by one of the city shadow creatures, causing severe injuries. Much of my body is replaced by mismatched mechanical parts and the rest is twisted and mutated, looking like something out of Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

I'm put to work in a dingy, isolated concrete room performing dangerous tasks that a normal human wouldn't be able to without specialized equipment. I remember one instance using some kind of space compression device to fold wireframe cubes into themselves to make smaller, denser cubes, and another where I'm harvesting acid glands from a feathery fishlike creature. The dream implies to me that many years pass like this until eventually my workspace is invaded by a robed figure that dream memory says I recognize from my childhood. He fights me, cryptically suggesting that he's here to free me. During this fight I wake up.

02/06/20

I'm at Bu West, living there with one of my cousins and a former waking life roommate. We're hosting a group of scientists who are here to interview the roommate for a university research position, but some of their irreverent, casual behavior is getting on roommate's nerves. Cousin takes him aside and seems to be taking a sort of big sister role, helping him work up the nerve to try and set a more serious tone that he's more comfortable working in.

There's a brief scene where I'm talking with the scientists in the dining room area next to the kitchen / bar, then my cousin approaches me and tells me she and roommate are "ready to go." Dream memory reminds me we were planning to go somewhere, so I get to the car with them.

The dream transitions to me driving around a sort of nascar track, speaking over a radio to someone else. He's in a car in front of me and he's giving me instructions on how to keep up with him, but my car isn't able to take the hard turns and accelerations he's trying to get me to do. After one particularly rough turn one of my tires blows, and with his help I find an offramp to a service area.

As I drive across the threshold between the racing track and the service road the scene transitions again and I'm walking my bike through the double glass doors into what looks like a small airport. There's a coin operated bike pump right beside the door, and I feel ripped off about paying a quarter to refill my bike tire but I bite the bullet and do it anyway. While I'm waiting for the tire to inflate my phone rings. My ringtone in the dream was a song from some show or movie I don't remember now. Someone else entering the building recognizing the song I set on it and we discuss music for a moment before his phone rings and plays a different song. I recognize it and we sing it together.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:44:09 PM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2020, 07:13:34 AM »
02/07/20
ND

I'm sitting on the balcony of a slightly worn looking wooden building in a small town built into a waterfront, all piers and stilts rising out of a massive river. The canals between buildings seem to be the main way of getting around. Most of the buildings seem to be built at least two stories high, with balconies like the one I'm on that double as walkways at higher water levels. There's some tables and chairs set out up here, and I have the impression that it's an inn I'm visiting.

A little kid walks up to me and starts just talking to me about whatever random stuff comes to mind. He doesn't seem lost, so we just chat for a bit while I make observations about the area. Some guy at water level gets splashed by a passing boat, and he starts a fight with someone else before running off. Dream memory gives me the impression that this behavior is unusual, and his anger was provoked by some unseen force somehow, so I start packing my miscellaneous tools away and get up to follow him.

The kid keeps distracting me while I'm packing up and walking out, asking me about what I consider canon in works of fiction that have been adapted. He insists that whatever is most recent is all that matters, so if a show changes something from a book it's based on, the show is more canon than the book.

He ropes a few passerby into the conversation while I'm tailing the angry man, who mostly agree with him. The conversation just sort of follows me for a minute until at some point I end up walking a circle around the piers and end up back at the inn, only now it seems very run down and deserted. There's a thick layer of dust covering everything and tattered cloths / rotten wood furniture lying around.

I go upstairs to the rooms, and seem to know that I'll find someone I'm looking for in one of the rooms. At some point the kid has shifted into Thiix, who seems to think there's some sort of danger here and quietly watches our backs while I look for the right room. She takes a small capsule out of my bag and throws it downstairs, releasing a fine powder that floats in the air.

I get the right vibe from one of the doors on the left and walk up to it, raising a hand to knock. Just before I do I wake up.

02/08/20

No recall. Last waking memory is a shower before bed.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »
02/09/20
Fragments

First a brief sequence of sleeping in and being unbelievably late for work.

Second a conversation in a small warmly lit room between myself in third person, Thiix and a man I don't remember now that I'm awake, but I had the impression in the dream that the three of us were familiar with each other. I remember holding something round, but details have escaped me.

Third, an image of a swampy wooded area at night with fresh mushrooms. The feeling of walking on soaked, muddy grass with water seeping into my shoes is especially salient.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2020, 02:15:43 AM »
That kid from the one dream made me think of how I was when I was young. I would just talk and ask questions about anything that popped into my head. As I read, I unintentionally envisioned myself tagging along behind my uncle asking questions. I'm very glad to hear you took a little time to talk with the kid.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2020, 12:34:48 PM »
It was distracting but he was just trying to figure stuff out. I really liked how random passers by chimed in too, it seemed to be a totally normal thing to the people in that town.

Been killer at work lately, and we're short staffed, so I haven't been doing much but work and sleep. Not been taking time to record much. Now that the Valentine's day season is winding down I ought to be able to get back to it, so here's a bunch of fragments from over the past week in no particular order.

Several scenes in Bu West, including one dream where a bunch of extended family members got together to show off superpowers to each other. Reminded me of the casual talent shows we always do at reunions.

A couple of warehouse work fragments, one with another Thiix appearance. Most of them were in the usual stale concrete environment. Thiix was in more of a supervisor position in hers, organizing me and a couple of other workers moving delicate equipment for an upcoming expedition.

A driving fragment that turned my chill waking life commute into a crazy stressful obstacle course.

One not-quite sex dream centered on really awkward foreplay and a lot of goofy jokes made at each other's expense. More heartwarming than steamy.

A fragment of me sitting on a bench built into an old growth forest canopy. A woman with lizard like features zooms by carrying some kind of fruit. She notices me looking at it and offers it to me, then gathers two more and sits on the bench next to me while we eat. It's got the texture and rough structure of a tomato, but tastes like something between a strawberry and a raspberry.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #70 on: Today at 11:58:44 AM »
I had a real life reality check experience last summer. When I got lost on a labyrinth of back roads trying to get to work. There was nearby road work and they had the roads blocked off to get to the main road. And I couldn't figure out how to get out of my neighborhood. It was both amusing and annoying.