Author Topic: Lucid Dream Within a Lucid Dream Challenge  (Read 194 times)

Offline Wędajihs

• Custom Title
  • Analyzer
  • Lucid Dreams: 3
Lucid Dream Within a Lucid Dream Challenge
« on: May 14, 2019, 07:38:01 PM »
This thread is dedicated to those who love a challenge... can you have a lucid dream within a lucid dream? If so, share your experiences here.

Have you ever become lucid and then intentionally laid down in dream to 'sleep and become lucid' again? Why would anyone want to do this? I've done it before, gotten lucid (lvl 1LD) and then 'slept' to 'wake up' lucid in a new dream (lvl 2LD). In lvl 2LD I experienced a tremendous grounding of self in the dreamscape and effortless control over any lucid activities engaged in. I never managed to do it consistently. Nor did I find a technique to make the process easier. I hope that others will attempt this and share experiences, theories, or tips and trick on how to make the process of getting lucid in a lucid easier. It is, in my opinion, a powerful state of dreaming to experience.

Please share any lucid dream within a lucid dream experiences here no matter what the turn out. All experiences will have a lesson for us to learn.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:04:00 PM by Wędajihs »
???

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
  • Isolationist
Re: Lucid Dream Within a Lucid Dream
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:57:42 PM »
Does anyone know how to do this effectively? I've done it before and have experienced a grounding of my lucidity when I managed to lucid dream within a lucid dream. I just never managed to consistently do this, or find a technique to remind me or make the process easier. Seeking tips or tricks?

I don't know. But I was thinking about this while I was trying to WILD today. And some of the little dreamlets I entered  seemed related to your post.

But I'm not very familiar with the concept or how to do it on purpose. Laying down and going to sleep in a lucid dream? I never even thought about trying that before.

Offline Wędajihs

• Custom Title
  • Analyzer
  • Lucid Dreams: 3
Re: Lucid Dream Within a Lucid Dream
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:42:33 PM »
Yeah, when I did it, it was basically me getting lucid and then making the decision to lay down and 'go to sleep again'. I'd wake up in the same position but in a different dream setting. I suppose at its very least it could be a lucid method to change dream scenes. But one dream I had, when I woke up out of the second lucid dream, I woke back into the first lucid dream, and then I woke up in actuality. I think they did the same thing in Inception? I can't remember for sure.

I also guess, on top of being a lucid dream within a dream, it would also be a lucid false awakening. Maybe this can become a lucid dream within a dream thread. We can write about our attempts, failures, successes, and theories on how to better how to get better at it.

Now this makes me wonder about Hypnogogic Imagery. I used to want to linger in the land of hypnagogia for as long as possible to just watch the crazy imagery emerge. Maybe this state can be extended by lucid dreaming in a dream if one can also hang onto the intent to watch for HI and hang onto it for a while, or even interact with it? What monsters or majesty might arise from prolonged periods immersed in hypnogogia?

Back to the main point, I think I will change this into a LD within a LD Challenge thread.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:02:15 PM by Wędajihs »
???

Offline vividdreamer

• Knower
    • Be Lucid Now
Re: Lucid Dream Within a Lucid Dream Challenge
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 10:38:20 AM »
I've never even thought to do this. What a great idea. I'll give it a try this week and let everyone knows how it goes.