Author Topic: Forum Drops  (Read 233 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Forum Drops
« on: July 01, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »
I decided I wanted to put this where it's visible and I'm unable to delete my thread of the same message in "The Smokey Back Room." Where I think it's only visible to logged in members.

The forum seems to randomly disappear now and then.  First time it happened I thought maybe someone turned it off and it was done. But it came back on in a little while. I've noticed it happen a few other times too. Maybe it's just a little glitchy and winking in and out.

I don't know how such things work. But every time it happens I wonder a little bit if it's coming back again this time. I do hope that whoever has it on, keeps it on. I plan to keep posting as long as I am able, whether anyone else is around or not. I always wondered what it would be like to be the last person on earth lol... Kind of has that feel to it. Posting in an apocalyptic forum.

Who knows, maybe others will see me posting and want to join in and grow a little more activity, or build a new community here. 

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
Re: Forum Drops
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »
I noticed this too a couple of times before. I thought maybe someone had shut the site down. It makes me kind of leery about posting here which is why I haven't posted more recently.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 07:10:49 PM »
I noticed this too a couple of times before. I thought maybe someone had shut the site down. It makes me kind of leery about posting here which is why I haven't posted more recently.

I saw it happen to DV today too. Maybe it's just something that happens.

Offline Oneironautical1

• Synthesizer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:02:20 PM »
If you're concerned about credentials being stolen just make sure to use a different password for every website using a password manager.

If you're concerned about losing your journal, you can click the "print" link in your journal thread and save it as an HTML document.

I love niche message boards with loyal kind members like this place has had.  I would love to see this place get back on its feet with more active members though.  I too will try to use it as often as I can remember to help me log my dreams.  If anyone knows of any other similar more active communities let me know.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 10:13:17 AM »
That's a good idea about saving it or printing it out. I had printed a bunch of lucids from my DV journal and have a box full of them.

Kind of a nice thought to think some day after I'm gone from this world someone might find a box full of my dreaming adventures and enjoy the read.

Butt lately I've been in a kind fuck everyone in my waking life frame of mind and don't really care to share anything with them. But still might consider printing out some lucids if I get my printer formatted to this computer which is already getting old.  I almost  never use the printer and I never set it up to use on this laptop.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 11:25:59 AM »
I love niche message boards with loyal kind members like this place has had.  I would love to see this place get back on its feet with more active members though.  I too will try to use it as often as I can remember to help me log my dreams.  If anyone knows of any other similar more active communities let me know.

There was another little quiet lucid dreaming forum I found last year that I was posting on for a while when I started trying to get things back on track last year. They didn't even have a designated place for dream journals which is very odd for a dreaming forum. So there was a few people including myself that had started journals in the share your non lucid and lucid dreams sub forums. No mods seemed to mind us making journals there. 

But I recently got an email that they were deleting that forum and working on another project called The World Of Lucid Dreaming Academy. But it sounds like it's a paid membership kind of thing. I'm not interested in it at all if I have to pay a membership fee to be there.

I just saw an email I have that it's now open, yeah, they are charging a membership fee. Good luck with that. Stupid trying to sell information about dreaming that is readily available to anyone for free. And I'm not interested in any of their projects or what kind of authors they have doing podcasts or whatever.

https://academy.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/launch-beta?utm_source=World+of+Lucid+Dreaming&utm_campaign=35672f1619-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_06_07_27_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_677e18ea2c-35672f1619-57503493&mc_cid=35672f1619&mc_eid=9b92c76dd3
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:34:48 AM by Caradon »