Author Topic: Caradon's Dream Journal  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Caradon's Dream Journal
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2019, 12:47:06 PM »
Sunday/December/22/2019

A dream I had after a couple hour WBTB.

Reality Check Moment

I'm outside on foot walking through a park that is near where I live in reality. There is a sledding hill there (that is also there in reality) and when I come around the side of the sledding hill (there is no snow it's summer in the dream) I see a guy that is wearing a cowboy hat sitting casually on a horse. There are a few other people standing around. The cowboy on the horse is swinging a lasso around. The cowboy flings the lasso in my direction and I'm kind of surprised when the lasso expertly goes over my head and down around my body. The cowboy pulls the loop tight. 

I'm less annoyed than I probably would be in reality if this happened. I just calmly stand there like, whatever, WTF. The cowboy asks me if I'd like to be dragged? I look down at the ground and the ground is all wet and muddy. I simply and calmly say to the cowboy.  "I'd rather not get my jacket all dirty." Even though it's not a winter scene I am still wearing my jacket. And I'm thinking that he means to drag me along the ground by my feet through the mud. But That is not what happens.

The cowboy turns the horse and starts riding and I start to get pulled. I lean back on the rope a bit putting my feet out. And I start being pulled behind the horse while standing on my feet like a water skier behind a boat. I'm slightly annoyed at first, but this is actually kind of fun and I start to enjoy it.

I start getting pulled along, skiing behind the horse all over the park. We go over these little hills on the ground and I catch a little air here and there. I want him to find a bigger bump on the ground to pull me fast over because I want to catch some big air. As I look around seeing if there is a spot like that near by I start thinking about what a reality check moment this is. And I'm thinking about how funny it's going to be to post about this in the reality check moments thread. And I also start thinking about the fact that this is the kind of thing in dreams that has gotten me lucid so many times. When something similar in a dream happens to cause me to get ridiculous air and then I recognize that I'm dreaming from the familiar feeling of flying.

But unfortunately I wake up shortly after these thoughts. Maybe if I had  stayed in the dream a little longer I might have gotten lucid, or remembered that I should actually be doing an RC when having a reality check moment... 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:45:42 PM by Caradon »

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2019, 09:14:02 PM »
lol. Next time you're thinking about reality checking...  :rc:
Cool dream though. I'd like to try horse drawn skiing in a dream sometime.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2019, 10:52:01 PM »
lol. Next time you're thinking about reality checking...  :rc:
Cool dream though. I'd like to try horse drawn skiing in a dream sometime.

Oops put the wrong day on the date. It was Sunday nights dream, not Saturday, duh...  fixed.

I know right. I'm not surprised that happened though, I've done that before, when PJ first started the thread. That's when I was like, aahhh, the thread itself is like a lucid aid. I'm not sure if PJ originally intended it that way, but if one is often on the look out to find weird reality check moments to post in the thread, that ups the chances of seeing something weird in a dream and thinking about it being a reality check moment to post in the thread like what just happened to me. Just have to remember to actually do the damn RC when that happens, lol. Maybe next time, or at least eventually, in a dream I'll remember how I forgot to actually do the RC the last time and that will remind me to make sure I don't forget to do it...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:58:44 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2019, 10:11:20 PM »
Monday/December/23/2019

Not a lot of recall, mostly fragments. Took a late nap but didn't get anything in my nap other than a little non lucid HI of walking down some side roads near where I live.

Storm At Sea

Kind of an odd dangerous situation. I don't think I was lucid because I don't remember ever thinking about the fact that I was in a dream. But I was acting like I was lucid as it was a deadly scary situation that I wasn't taking seriously at all. I was just acting plain silly and having fun with it.

I'm on ship out at sea. There is a very rough storm threating the ship. Strong winds and huge waves rocking the ship and splashing up over the sides threatening to capsize us and drag us down into the depths. Lighting, thunder. I'm standing near the captain who is frantically turning the wheel this way and that trying to keep the ship from capsizing.

It's become a race to try and make it to some kind of safety before we all die. There is no way our ship can last for long in this storm.  I can hear dramatic music playing as if it's some kind of movie.

And I'm totally unafraid and acting completely silly.  I have one hand holding onto a ladder that is bolted to the side of a wall trying to keep my balance as the ship is violently rocking. But I'm doing a silly dance to the dramatic music and using a deep dramatic voice as if I'm narrating a funny dangerous situation.  In my dramatic movie  voice  I'm saying stuff like. "Can they survive the deadly storm! Can they make it to safety!" Describing the rocking of the ship and the rising waves splashing up over the sides. "twenty miles left to go in counting! Can they make it!" the dramatic music flares up extra dramatically.  And I dance back and forth in a silly manner to the amped up drama of the music finding great humor in the whole thing. And I continue my count down of the miles left to go as the captain wrestles with the wheel. 

There is a guy near me that explains to me what he will do when the ship capsizes and how he will try to survive it. And I just continue with my silly dance to the music and my narration. I wake up wondering what the hell that was, lol. It was just how I might act had I been lucid in that situation and just having fun with it knowing it's all just a dream and there is no danger at all. 

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:19:59 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2019, 05:37:18 PM »
Tuesday/December/24/2019

I didn't get to sleep until about 8:00am I woke up after a couple of hours with no recall then slept for a while more and kept  sleeping until I finally recalled something.

Pool Golf

There was more to the dream but I don't remember all the details very well. I was playing golf but my brain got golf and pool all mixed together. So that I was on a golf course but  playing like it was a game of pool. Several balls on the  ground and I'm using a  pool queue stick to hit the balls into the hole.  But I'm swinging the pool queue stick like a golf club, and using the wider end to hit the white ball into the other balls to try and knock them into the hole.

I do this unintentional trick where I hit the white ball and it leap frogs over the ball I was trying to hit and manages to hit the opposite side of the ball ad knock the ball backwards towards me and falls right into the hole. I'm like wholly crap what a trick. Somehow I manage to get it recorded on my phone and I'm trying to show someone that I'm with the video of the cool trick that I just pulled off.
But  I'm having trouble finding the moment of the trick on the video. Looks like I  have lots and lots of golfing video on my phone.

I don't actually play golf in reality. But I have a virtual reality  golf game that is really fun but I've not played much of my VR stuff in a while. Partly because of the situation with my dog and partly to try and focus no my dreams. BUt even before I had that game for some reason I dreamed of  playing golf every now and then I don't know why. Though I do live near a golf course and see the golf course all the time. Maybe that's it...

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:51:25 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2019, 11:03:39 AM »
Wednesday/December/25/2019

I don't remember too much right now. A couple  of vivid fragments.

-I climb up into the ceiling. It's one of those paneled ceilings that you  can push the panels to the side. And their is space up there. I climb up there and I'm trying to stay on the stronger beams so that I don't fall trough. But it seems very weak anyways and that I cold break through at any moment. I move very tentatively across the beams.

- A vivid fragment of just hanging out in a kitchen. I have cigarettes and kick back and light up a cigarette.

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2019, 02:06:53 PM »
 :lol: at the storm and boat situation because I could envision myself acting the same way.
The pool golf games sounds like more fun than either pool or golf. Get it invented!

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2019, 04:55:16 AM »
:lol: at the storm and boat situation because I could envision myself acting the same way.
The pool golf games sounds like more fun than either pool or golf. Get it invented!

Yeah, sometimes while lucid I can become sheer silly. I must have had some kind of awareness that it wasn't real in that dream I order to be acting like that  and no even caring about the danger.

Yeah pool golf that was weird. Golf is actually a lot of fun, well I like it in virtual reality.  I wouldn't go out of my way to play it in real life. A guy I work with is big into golf and I told him about the VR game I have. I told him I think It's probably more fun in VR than in reality. And a lot less money too. The game cost me less than thirty bucks and I can play it any time I want. Even in twenty below temp winter  I can be instantly transported to a beautiful sunny summer golf course and don't even have to leave the house. It really does make you feel like you're out on the golf course. Virtual reality is far from the experience of a lucid dream, but it's really amazing in it's own way too. It can be a shock to the system at first, when you put the headset on and transported to this other place.

Th first VR game I payed was at a demo and I   was flying a fighter ship in out space. I couldn't believe it. I was actually there, in the cockpit of this fighter ship like something out of Battle Star Galactica. Flying a  fighter ship around these huge carrier ships. I'll never forget experiencing that for the first time.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:02:21 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
Thursday/December/26/2019

I ended up not getting to sleep until around 6:00am So I slept in as long as I could and don't have time to record much.

I slept about five hours, I think. I had some vivid recall in the first hour of falling asleep but after that I don't remember anything else. At least as of yet nothing else has come back to me. I think maybe there was a driving dream, or at least something about my car.

There was a vivid dream about a large falling apart dock/boardwalk out on a lake. (That is a recurring theme that I wish I could recognize some day.) I was trying to walk on it and get across the broken spots and not fall into the water. There was also cigarettes involved again. I'm not smoking in reality but I have in the past. Sometimes when I smoke in dreams I think about how I had quit and don't really wat to be starting up again. Other times I don't think about it at all. Should try to remember to reality check if I'm smoking or even seriously thinking about smoking. I don't know if I'll ever catch that one.

Also there was a weird sex dream.   
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 04:38:32 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2019, 04:37:35 PM »
Friday/December/27/2019

Slept about four hours with a little almost recall. But not quite. Had to work early.

I got out a little early because of the weather. Going to try and get a good long night of sleep in. I can barely keep my eyes open typing right now at 2:25pm.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
Saturday/December/28/2019

I spent too much time posting elsewhere on the forum...

I didn't have a lot of recall though except for the last hour or two that I slept. I should have slept a couple more hours.

There was a weird dream about being at some TV game show where there was a contest/race involving a waterslide obstacle course. I was there as a spectator but they were trying to get me to take part and I didn't want to but eventually I was in it.   

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
Sunday/December/29/2019

I slept about six hours without any recall But then took a nap and had some recall in my nap. And I had a little bit of lucidity that I've decided to post in my lucid dream journal even though the lucid bit is  pretty brief I was aware it was a dream before waking up.

Computer Shopping

Some vivid stuff about being at the store looking for a new computer. I've been wanting one for a while but not wanting to spend the money on it. Before going to sleep I decided it's time because I'm getting sick of mine because I can't move it at all or I lose connection to the power cord and it's very difficult to get it to reconnect to the power. And now it's having more problems too all of a sudden.  So when I went to sleep I was dreaming I was at the store trying to pick out a new laptop. I'd probably be at the store in reality right now if there wasn't a snow storm going on outside. I'm hoping I'll be able to go tomorrow.

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2019, 12:17:36 AM »
Computer troubles.  :? 
Better get yourself another soon as the snowstorm passes... or else the computer might keel over at the most inopportune time...and you'll end up spending all your vacation savings on a new one that doesn't work... and switch it in for another one that is laggy... and then get a refund for that one then buy a different brand that is perfect but sends you into debt and puts you behind on your bills. And you spend the next few months playing catch up on bills and debts and trying to maintain a semblance of sanity while negotiating with your landlord to take lesser payments on rent instead of him kicking you out... and then... Oh wait, that was me this past summer.
 :crazy:

The waterslide obstacle course sounds like loads of fun. You need to invent these things you're dreaming about.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2020, 06:29:45 AM »
Computer troubles.  :? 
Better get yourself another soon as the snowstorm passes... or else the computer might keel over at the most inopportune time...and you'll end up spending all your vacation savings on a new one that doesn't work... and switch it in for another one that is laggy... and then get a refund for that one then buy a different brand that is perfect but sends you into debt and puts you behind on your bills. And you spend the next few months playing catch up on bills and debts and trying to maintain a semblance of sanity while negotiating with your landlord to take lesser payments on rent instead of him kicking you out... and then... Oh wait, that was me this past summer.
 :crazy:

The waterslide obstacle course sounds like loads of fun. You need to invent these things you're dreaming about.

I know right lol. Well I have been very frugal for quite a while. (Except for having to spend a big chunk of my savings to finish paying off my credit card which was getting too high mainly because of stuff like vet bills and car repairs.)  But I have a little bit saved up, and a nice decent tax return coming soon too. So I can go get a new computer and it's not going to kill me. I'm just not eager to spend any of my savings because I've been working so hard to try and get ahead and don't want to be set back at all. But I really want a different computer with a better brighter picture quality, and one that I can move around now that I can't even move mine like it's a desktop or I will lose connection to my power cord which is annoying as hell.

The other issue I was having seems to have miraculously fixed itself while I was sleeping lol. Which I had thought the thing was pretty much dead completely. I had stupidly clicked on a front page news article, you know those stupid ones that just want you to read so that they can bombard you with ads and only give you like one paragraph to read and make you click next so you can load another page full of new ads... I usually don't look at those because they seem to always slow down and freeze up my computer, and they are just annoying.

But anyways I stupidly clicked on an article and security popped up and everything on my computer was freezing up and message saying people were trying to hack into my computer but they were blocked, call this number right away to find out what to do about it. And all that blah blah bullshit scam hacker warning stuff that they throw out there to try and get people to fall for that might call the number and give them access to really hack into their computer.

But the browser was frozen up and I had to open another browser in order to even use the computer. And I thought it was just stuck that way. Because even restarting it was still all frozen up when it came back on.  But when I woke up the next morning all that crap was gone and it was working normal again it just fixed itself somehow. So it's not a dire rush now to go get a new computer. But I still want a new one, and my power cord issue is still an issue. But for now will keep working as long as I'm careful not to move the computer or bump the cord at all. I could just go get a really cheap one at Walmart to make do for a while. But I'd prefer to get something with a bigger screen than anything they have in stock there. And I want to be sure it's something with a better picture quality than the one I'm using now. Which isn't terrible but not as good of a picture as either my TV or my phone has.   

I think the water slide obstacle dream was influenced by seeing shows like Wipe Out or American Ninja warrior. Where contestants have to compete in running the gauntlet of obstacles and win by getting the furthest the fastest before getting knocked down or into water or whatever. I don't watch that kind of stuff much, other than for just a few minutes if I randomly come across it while channel surfing I might watch a couple people make their run be fore switching channels. But I no longer have any TV to watch other than Netflix streaming because I got rid of it. Netflix is more fun to watch and better picture quality and costs much less besides...       
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:45:25 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:06 AM »
Monday/December/30/2019

I ended up staying up too late and then only slept two hours without recall. I was going to go back to sleep for a little bit but never did.