Author Topic: Caradon's Dream Journal  (Read 8622 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Caradon's Dream Journal
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2020, 10:20:57 AM »
Wasn't in the best of moods the couple days. Yesterday night I had a dream might have turned lucid had I been in it longer as I believed I was in a video game. I thought I was playing Dying Light. But I was actually there as the character as if it was virtual reality. I was in a place that was like a junk yard. Lots of junked out cars everywhere and I was parkouring/running and leaping across the tops of the cars as zombie stumbled around the place. I tried to spray mace in a zombies face lol. I don't think a zombie would even notice if it's eyes were burning, or if a zombies eyes could experience a burning sensation. They seem pretty oblivious to any kind of pain or injury unless you destroy the brain of course. I was just about to get into some hand to hand combat with a couple of zombies which you can do in the game with moves from your unlocked skill tree. But I woke up.

Friday/June/12/2020

A lot of recall but difficult to describe dreams hard to put them together in a sequence of events. My mind was all over the place. I'll just note some points of interest.

-There was a lot of work related stuff involving a new beginning after the pandemic. We were moving to an entirely new building and location and beginning a new era.

-I was in a auto race like NASCAR style. This race was actually a part of the work dreams. It was just weird though as my viewpoint was shifting all over. I was concentrating so hard and trying to drive but the view point was like if you were watching the race on TV and they keep switching the camera view. Out the side window out the back window from third to first person. It was frustrating racing like 200 mph and trying not to crash and my viewpoint is everywhere lol. But by some miracle I was able to keep it together long enough to win the race.

-A weird moment that felt almost lucid as I was walking around fascinated by how everything looked and felt. The dream had kind of a magical feeling tone to it like from out of some other time, in the past. And I was walking around touching things and examining things in a very wowed frame of mind. I remember an old fashioned looking stove with a bathtub built into the back side of it so that someone could be cooking while someone is taking a bath at the same time. I was definitely aware of how odd that seemed and wished I had thought to do an RC. But my mind rationalized it off just as that life was weird and different back in the old days. A time when families bathed and cooked at the same time lol.

-There was also some cabin stuff and both of the dogs were with me. And driving and shopping and cleaning the cabin. All of these points of interest noted are like from the same dream. I mean I would wake up briefly and fall back to sleep. But it was all mingled together and jumping around and everything that was happening was a part of the work dreams about restarting after the pandemic.

Getting back to work has been on my mind as the days are counting down to when I'll have to rejoin society and the race to make money to pay bills and eat and all that.

I'm probably going to try and sleep more if I can.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:42:43 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #301 on: June 15, 2020, 10:41:01 PM »
I'm taking a break from recording dreams for a bit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:52:07 AM by Caradon »

Offline kineticwaves

• Analyzer
  • drowning in synchronicities...
« Reply #302 on: June 17, 2020, 01:31:34 AM »
Nice! The part about the bathtub and stove struck me as kind of amusing, but dreams always seem to have this way of meshing things together that don't go together. XD

And did you just need a break?

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #303 on: June 17, 2020, 03:51:15 PM »
Nice! The part about the bathtub and stove struck me as kind of amusing, but dreams always seem to have this way of meshing things together that don't go together. XD

And did you just need a break?

Yeah that stove bathtub was so weird lol. You're right things get blended together quite a bit in dreams, even locations and events.

Yeah I needed the break my mood went on a major down slide all of a sudden. I was doing better going into June, then all of a sudden not. I've been a little better today even though a lot of mixed feelings today has my mind is all over the place. I'm officially getting back on the work schedule July 1st. So only about two weeks left of this blissful vacation of solitude. But at least they are missing me and excited to have me back so that is nice. And it will be good to know I'm making money again and not having the underlying  stress of worrying about dwindling funds and no income. I mean I've not even touched my savings yet so it's kind of like I had a three month paid vacation lol. So it has not been a major stressor yet but just being a little unsure about what was going to happen with that was an underlying worry.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2020, 07:58:10 PM »
Wednesday/June/17/2020

I ended up staying up too late, distracted, only slept about three hours. Woke up with the remnants of a dream fading felt like a party maybe. Lots of stuff going on around me and I was involved with something.

Concentration was out the window last few days but doing a little better now so see if I can get my head back in the game before I lose too much of the progress I was making. I think a lot of it was because of it being the 16th of the month which is going to be a feeling like shit anniversary for the rest of my life I would imagine.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:06:11 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #305 on: June 26, 2020, 11:56:08 AM »
Thursday/June/25/2020

I had taken a long late nap without recall so ended up staying up all night. I eventually went to sleep about 7:00am and woke up at 10:00am. I could have slept longer but trying to avoid sleeping all day and staying up all night again. Just this short bit of recall but it was pretty vivid.

I'm sure the dream was influenced by watching the show "Hannibal" where one of the main characters spends some time locked up in the mental institution for the criminally insane. Really good show by the way.

Psych Ward

I'm in the psych ward as  a patient. Not current  in any kind of locked up situation I'm standing like in some kind of lobby with corridors branching off from it. I'm feeling on edge and very stressed. As if I'm about to snap and go off on a murderous  rampage. There is a lot of hustle and bustle around me but no one is paying me much attention.
There is commotion as staff are in the process of restraining another patient. I'm watching several staff putting someone into a straight jacket and face mask. They load the person onto a wheeled cart in standing position like on some kind of dolly one would use to move boxes of product around at a store. And I watch as they wheel the person off to where ever they take such people to lock them up.

I look down one of the corridors that is bustling with people. At the end of the corridor I see glass double doors and daylight beyond the doors. The corridor, is of course leading to the hospital exit. As I stand there seeming very calm and taking everything in. I'm not calm at all and ready to explode into violent action. As I eye those double doors to the exit I wonder at my odds for escape. And I just wake up before anything happens.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 23
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2020, 01:36:08 PM »
I watched Hannibal when it first came out. Loved the show. Still waiting for season four. lol

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #307 on: June 28, 2020, 10:19:21 AM »
I watched Hannibal when it first came out. Loved the show. Still waiting for season four. lol

I just recently discovered it. It's really good. I've just been watching a little here and there because of  trying to cut back om my binging. Also because I'm enjoying just sitting out on my porch with all the windows open and listening to the real life sounds of nature. Only a few months that it's warm enough to hang out out here all the time so want to enjoy as much of it as I can. But I think I'm most of the way through season 2. The episode about the guy that thinks he is an animal and dresses up in the dinosaur skeleton.

Saturday/June/27/2020

Fortune Teller

A vivid dream about meeting a fortune teller and giving her twenty dollars for a reading even though I don't believe in her. She ends up turning into an evil witch that casts a spell on me.

I had a super natural dream the previous night as well that I never got around to writing down. Where an invisible ghost/entity in a haunted house took my bowl of popcorn  away from me and dumped it over my head. So that I was wearing the bowl on my head like a helmet after all the popcorn spilled out all over me. Funny. Probably my body telling me to quit eating so much popcorn all the time lol.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2020, 11:45:11 AM »
Sunday/June/28/2020

I felt like I had a lot of recall but it's all kind of disjointed difficult to describe bits. So I think I'm just going to write down some notes.

-I'm on a very high cliff that overlooks the ocean. I throw plates as if they are frisbees off the cliff and they fall into the ocean water below. I run along the cliff until I come to a building with corridors. There is a large dog blocking my way and growls at me. But I talk nice to the dog and pet it and then the dog becomes friendly and non threatening.

-Someone has an acoustic guitar that they hand me to play. I'm not sure how well I can play it being out of practice and more used to electric than acoustic. I decide to give it a try anyways and it's like riding a bike. PLaying comes easy and I go off on an an awesome guitar solo and have a blast. And the guitar sounds beautiful and plays so smooth.

-Walking through a snowstorm so intense that I'm completely blinded. All I can see is a wall of  white. Even so I continue to keep walking blindly through the storm. When the snow finally lets up I'm surprised to see that I'm standing outside my house and wondering at the odds of walking completely blindly and randomly ending up at my home.

-Driving my car on the freeway weaving through traffic and have many close calls with side swiping other cars.

-With my brother and playing some odd video game where I have to climb this high wall and I get a little nervous about the heights. Also remember I'm not sure it's a part of the same dream. But I was having a conversation with someone about virtual reality games and dreaming.

-Watching something about  a monkey in the jungle and being a little jealous. decidedly this is exactly the type of money I'd like to live as.

-Another dream about a gorilla I don't remember much about. I just remember the gorilla sitting down kicked back lazily and having humorous human like expressions on it's face.

-Some stuff about being at a bar. I just remember sitting at a table with a bottle of whiskey and talking with the owner of the bar. But it's kind of vague.

Offline kineticwaves

• Analyzer
  • drowning in synchronicities...
« Reply #309 on: June 30, 2020, 10:04:18 AM »

I just recently discovered it. It's really good. I've just been watching a little here and there because of  trying to cut back om my binging. Also because I'm enjoying just sitting out on my porch with all the windows open and listening to the real life sounds of nature. Only a few months that it's warm enough to hang out out here all the time so want to enjoy as much of it as I can. But I think I'm most of the way through season 2. The episode about the guy that thinks he is an animal and dresses up in the dinosaur skeleton.

Saturday/June/27/2020

Fortune Teller

A vivid dream about meeting a fortune teller and giving her twenty dollars for a reading even though I don't believe in her. She ends up turning into an evil witch that casts a spell on me.

I had a super natural dream the previous night as well that I never got around to writing down. Where an invisible ghost/entity in a haunted house took my bowl of popcorn  away from me and dumped it over my head. So that I was wearing the bowl on my head like a helmet after all the popcorn spilled out all over me. Funny. Probably my body telling me to quit eating so much popcorn all the time lol.

I hope you feel better soon! (Replying to the post you posted two weeks ago ago). And yeah, that ghost/entity dream seems interesting lol. Popcorn does sound pretty good though.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #310 on: June 30, 2020, 05:15:24 PM »
Thanks yeah better than I was. Yeah that popcorn lol I'm surprised that's the first time it's gotten into my dreams... Funny it got dumped over my head by a ghost.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2020, 07:57:39 AM »
Tuesday/June/30/2020

A little disappointed with last nights recall but this one was very vivid. After sleeping in my chair for a few hours I did a ten minute Wake Back To Bed and then was having trouble falling back to sleep sitting up in my chair so against my better judgement I lay down on my futon couch to be more comfortable and had this intense nightmarish dream.

Dark Minions

I'm in an under ground cave system with a group of people and we are being attacked by a swarm of little creatures that are intent on killing us and eating us. The creatures are small midget like and have glowing eyes and razor sharp claws and teeth. ON reflection I realized they are a lot like the Nekkers in Witcher 3 that often come up out of the ground and attack in groups when you are out walking in the forest.

The creatures look very much like this. Only in my dream  their eyes were glowing with a more white/silverish light which looked even more wicked than red.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110524211937/witcher/images/8/86/Tw2_journal_nekker.png

One of our group is carrying an assault rifle and I can see him desperately firing down a corridor that branches off from the chamber we are in. I look down the corridor and I can see the dark shapes of the creatures swarming in massive numbers and trying to charge at us down the corridor. The image of them is kind of silhouetted in the darkness as they try to charge down the corridor and are being spayed with gun fire. The scene kind of reminds me of aliens when the military guys are being chased by swarms of aliens and they are firing down corridors at them trying to slow them down.

I wonder how much ammo my armed companion has, surely not enough.  It's a kind of a scary moment as I realize this seems hopeless and we will soon be defenseless and overwhelmed by these things and ripped to pieces. what do we do? Where do we run? I don't know.

But we do run, down another corridor. And we find a little room with a flimsy door that is more like a big closet. We all crowed into the little closet/room and I pull the door closed. The door seems so flimsy a meager barrier against these monstrous things. I hold the handle and pull on the door trying to keep it held closed. There is a window on the door so I have a close up and personal view of these creatures as they slam into the door and pull at the handle trying to smash their way in. They're small but they seem so powerful, and powerfully built. And those razor claws and long sharp teeth. I can hear them communicating with each other in a squeaky chittery language that only they understand. I wonder at how we will manage to fight them off. It seems inevitable that they will eventually break their way in. I make eye contact with those glowing silver eyes that promise a bloody violent death soon to come.

I wake thinking whoa intense.

Motocross

Delayed recall of a motocross dream. Unfortunately I wasn't riding just watching. It's just a fragment really. There is this double jump on the track and some tall bushed in the middle of it. I'm watching riders take the jump and the wheels of their bikes brushing through the top branches of the bushes before they come down on the landing ramp on the opposite side.

Note: I was really hoping and almost expecting to get lucid on the final night of June. I think my mind was trying to help set me up for it. First by trying to scare the shit out of me until lucidity was the only option which was a common tactic in my early years of overcoming nightmares. But I ended up waking up instead. Also the anxiety method doesn't work as well as it used to because I don't usually become as terrified in my nightmare dreams as I once did. And then the motocross dream later which of course can easily lead to me recognizing my best dreamsign as I did the previous night during the kite surfing dream.

I might actually sleep a little more before going to work if so any nap lucid if it should occur I'll be counting as a part of the previous nights dreaming as I always do with naps, like a Wake Back To Bed, so a June 30th lucid. 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:04:47 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2020, 07:33:12 AM »
Friday/July/3/2020

I had recall yesterday of a couple dreams that I didn't get around to recording. Things are going to be trickier with being back to work. In one of yesterdays dreams I was parkouring through the endless corridors of a massive mansion that was fun. In another dream I got locked into some kind of underground bunker like vault. After entering someone slammed the doors shut behind me and locked me in. With no food or water thought I would die of thirst and starvation. In reality would die of dehydration long before starving of course. Also of course woke up long before experiencing anything like that.

I only slept a couple of hours last night because of working the morning shifts on the weekends. Also had trouble falling asleep because of a combination of not feeling very tired and having to sleep sitting up in an office chair isn't the most comfortable way to sleep. And also getting up earlier than I needed to because of wanting to listen to the sun rise. Yes, the sunrise have a beautiful sound of song birds waking up. :)

-A vivid fragment of someone trying to fix a broken CD player with a Sauder gun.

Racing

Vivid recall of racing my car on a course around a large building. I was the only car on the track. For some odd reason as I'm racing I'm looking for the ideal spot along the side of the track to plant a garden. lol. As I'm driving I'm trying to find the fastest lines through the corners to get the best lap times. I feel like my car isn't moving that fast and the only way to get good lap times is finding the best lines on the track to make the shortest distance. Then there are these triangle shaped arrows in the road like in a hover vehicle virtual reality racing game that I have called Wipe Out. In the dream just like in the game the only way to get more speed is to hit the arrows just right because every time you go over one of the arrows you get a little speed boost. I come around a corner trying to take the corner just right, then the road rise upwards in an incline. I hit several of the arrows just right and get a burst of speed up the hill. At the top of the rise I think I might get some big air. But I did remember getting off the ground too much maybe a little bit but then I wake up anyways to my alarm going off.

I hit snooze and fall back to sleep until the alarm goes off again. For a moment I thought I was lucid but I'm pretty sure it was just that I was talking to someone about lucid dreaming and thinking about lucid dreaming but wasn't actually lucid.

Offline Serenity

• Teacher's Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2020, 04:25:19 PM »
It's true, there are some beautiful songs if we listen. One of my favourite moments was with a friend... We had stayed up all night, and on Easter Sunday we walked to a neighborhood church. It wouldn't be open for hours but he hoped we could still go in for a moment of reflection on our own.

They wouldn't let us in, so we hung out on the steps and he said it didn't matter, we could pray here.

Now... I'm not a religious person. I'm more... Universalist? I don't believe there isn't a god, I just believe every religion has validity and a lot seem to agree on certain points... They just differ on how you get there. So... Bearing that in mind, I did not pray on the steps. I merely listened to the beauty of the world. The birds, the wind, the literal life force of the planet. It was amazing and so peaceful.
What would you do if you were dreaming right now?

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2020, 06:49:11 AM »
It's true, there are some beautiful songs if we listen. One of my favourite moments was with a friend... We had stayed up all night, and on Easter Sunday we walked to a neighborhood church. It wouldn't be open for hours but he hoped we could still go in for a moment of reflection on our own.

They wouldn't let us in, so we hung out on the steps and he said it didn't matter, we could pray here.

Now... I'm not a religious person. I'm more... Universalist? I don't believe there isn't a god, I just believe every religion has validity and a lot seem to agree on certain points... They just differ on how you get there. So... Bearing that in mind, I did not pray on the steps. I merely listened to the beauty of the world. The birds, the wind, the literal life force of the planet. It was amazing and so peaceful.

Yeah the song birds are my favorite music. Especially when they first wake up. My porch is surrounded by forests. I set my alarm to wake me up about 20 minutes or so before the first bird starts singing and open all my windows and enjoy the music as they begin to wake. There is only a few short  months that are warm enough to be able to enjoy it so I try to enjoy it as much as I can before every thing remains closed up again and it's back to youtube nature sounds and ambient music. As nice as all the youtube stuff is, and I'm grateful it's there. It's still not as good as the real thing. I should get a high end mic and make my own nature sounds videos. :) The birds around here are amazing. I'll never forget how disappointed I was when I moved to Colorado and started back-packing in the mountains, as beautiful as the mountains are, there wasn't any bird song... Just the occasional angry squirrel chirping at you from the trees and you walk through it's territory lol. I also began to miss all the green forests. The forests around here are as green as a jungle. In the mountains not so much actual forest.  I like being surrounded by all the green.