Author Topic: Caradon's Lucid Dreams  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Caradon's Lucid Dreams
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2020, 05:12:12 PM »
Oh yeah picture of my dream lol. Though the wave I jumped off of was a bit bigger and I got higher in the air than that.

http://thekitebar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/71H9252.jpg

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 03:11:07 PM »
Wednesday/July/1/2020
Anxiety Induced Lucidity
Lucid Dream # 8 of 2020

This one was so brief I wasn't going to officially count it at first. But I changed my mind deciding that I should at least give myself credit for recognizing it.

Cody Falling From Cliff

I'm at home and I have both the dogs with me both of which are no longer here. I'm about to take mine outside getting my shoes on or whatever. As I'm getting ready to go take them out I see through a window that Cody has gotten outside on his own. I'm a little worried about him being out there alone. It's winter and there is snow on the ground. To the right of the yard is a steep high cliff. with an overhanging edge.(Not there in reality.) I see Cody sniffing around excitedly and running about excitedly. For some reason I believe there to be dog biscuits out there that  he is excitedly sniffing around for. ( Cody had a thing about stealing biscuits from my dog and any time he was there he would sniff around looking for one of her biscuits to steal.)

As I watch Cody running around outside he gets too close to the cliff overhang. The overhang is covered in ice and icicles. I see Cody slip on the ice and go over the edge. I see him free fall in mid air for just a moment before he disappears out of view and over the edge. Stunned disbelief and shocked fear I freak out and go to run outside. And look over the edge. A part of me wants to hope he somehow survived but I know there is no way. It's a fall from a great height. But  that's when it hits me and I remember in an odd sort of relief that Cody has already died so there is no way that he could have just now fallen to his death. And that this is just a dream. I'm still compelled to go look over the edge of the cliff. As I go in that direction I think about mom. (Cody was moms.) And I wonder about if I should tell her about this dream of seeing Cody fall off of a cliff. I wake up before I get a chance to look over the edge.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
Monday/July/6/2020

Almost

Not counting this almost lucid a lucid but I want to record it here anyways because it would have been had I not woken up in the middle of doing the RC.

I arrive at work and walk into the building. I see big Alex there working on something and he lets out a random belch. I say "Wassup Alex." Alex is like "Wassup man."
Alex no longer works there but I wasn't thinking about that in the dream. However, for no apparent reason I think to myself, I wonder if Alex is just a dream character and none of this is real. I lift my wrist to look at my watch to do a watch reality check to find out if it's a dream or not and I wake up. Yup, I guess it was a dream...

Offline RoHS

• Applier
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2020, 08:21:24 PM »
A clock check works well for you.
My Russian Forum of Lucid Dreams:
https://mirsnov.forum2x2.ru/forum

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2020, 06:28:04 AM »
A clock check works well for you.

Yeah I think it's the best RC. Though it is possible to rationalize it as the battery dying. But A digital watch acts so bizarre in dreams it can change in all manner of strange ways. You should try it sometime. Plus it helps me with my awareness meditations which I'm still working on trying to get good at again. Life has been a living nightmare so it's been very difficult to trudge through it and concentrate.

It took me a ridiculous amount of time though, to re-train myself to start using my watch as a primary RC instead of the nose pinch after my mind started simulating being unable to breathy through a pinched nose in my dreams. But I was stubborn determined and persistent. Eventually I started practicing looking at my watch in my dreams after I was already lucid. That is what finally got me to start using it as a primary reality check. The nose pinch can work in my dreams again now, but I almost never do it while awake so that's why. Same with finger through hand, I love that too in dreams but I never do that one while awake either.   

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2020, 04:39:12 AM »
Tuesday/July/28/2020
Lucid Dream # 9 of 2020
Random Lucid Dream

Examining Details

This seemed to be a completely random lucid dream as my concentration levels have been pretty low the last week or so and I've not even had recall the last few nights because I've only slept a couple of hours each night without going back to sleep as I usually do.

This is also an early dream. I woke up just a couple of hours after falling to sleep recalling it. I have no idea how the dream began or how I became lucid The first thing I remember is that someone in the dream told me that they thought that things were not very realistic in this dream at all.

I considered their words and began looking around at things to examine the realism of the dream. Their is a particular piece of furniture. Well, it's a wooden cabinet with a strange design it has shelves and also a chest like box with a wooden lid and hinges and. I began looking at this item very closely for details. Does it seem fake? Does it seem real? I begin to wonder what the person was talking about. ( In the dream as often happens of late, I'm thinking of the person as being a real person.)

This cabinet seems incredibly real, unbelievably real. The wood has  a light colored stain to it. I can see every fine detail of the coloring and texture in the wood. I slide my hand along the surface of the wooden lid and it feels exactly like wood under my fingers. I knock on the lid and the sound and feel of it is exactly like knocking on the surface on a wooden cabinet lid. I lift the lid, the chest is empty but I examine the realistic detail of the lid as I lift it open. It seems as solid and real as could ever be. Even the dark colored metal hinges that hold the lid on are  as perfect as can be even in their imperfection. As the only thing about them is that they seem like very old hinges that could maybe use some WD40 and that just made them seem all the more realistic.

There is another person near by and I explain to this other person how someone told me that they think this dream is not very realistic but I'm going to have to disagree because I'm blown away by the realism of it all. Then I have an odd thought and I'm not even sure why I say this. But to the person I'm with I say. " I know full well that this is a dream but I think maybe there is a part of my mind that still doesn't really know this is a dream." What I was thinking as I say this is that even though my conscious mind knows I'm in a dream, maybe my unconscious mind does not know it." And the dream character nods in a agreement. But on waking reflection I don't think that could be true, other than for maybe the possibility that my unconscious mind regards both dreaming and waking realities as real.