Author Topic: Caradon's Goal Tracking  (Read 436 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Caradon's Goal Tracking
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:55:20 AM »
Today is the first of July: 2019

Right now the goal is to bring recall back to where it should be for frequent lucidity to occur. And maybe have at least one full blown lucid by the end of July. But even if the lucidity goal is not met for July, I won't fret, the first goal is the improvement in recall. Recall has been  very off and on of late. Not terrible but not great either. Usually not as vivid as it needs to be. Though yesterdays dream, where I lost my dog over the cliff was very vivid and intense. However awful it might have been.

Also been decaffeinating.  This morning I woke up about 6:30am, a little past the 24 hour mark since my last dose of caffeine, feeling like total shit because of caffeine withdrawal.  Took two caffeine pills. 400 milligrams. Felt incredibly good as it started  kicking in.  Especially nice this morning as it's the first morning of my two days off. And it's raining outside, opened all the windows on my tranquil porch that I have set up nice for a serene getaway from it all place. Listening to the rain come down, the morning song birds, and a gentle breeze rustling the trees.

I'm not sure if I can get off the caffeine completely, as it's about the only thing in waking life that makes me feel good anymore or really enjoy. These kinds of beautiful serene moments, with nature, and a little caffeine buzz on. especially first thing in the morning. That and watching a good show on Netflix I find very relaxing. And time spent with my dog of course.

As much as I love coffee or other caffeinated drinks. The caffeine pills just make it so I can know and regulate exactly how much I'm getting. Tomorrow I'll probably do one and a half or one and three quarters. It's a pretty small amount considering all the coffee I was drinking.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:32:45 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Caradon's Goal Tracking
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:31:26 AM »
Saturday/July/6/2019

Right now I'm not sure if I'm going to get off the caffeine completely, at least for the time being. I seem to be managing  to improve recall even with it. And right now I'm enjoying my morning mediation too much as the sun rises and the birds wake, and my minor amount oof ceffeine begins to kick in.

Waking before the first bird begins to sing,take the dog out, Open a ll the windows  on my porch and raise the blinds. Sitting in arwareness meditatioon and going over recalled dreams, and working on bringing back dreams thatre not yet recalled. As I listen to the first waking bird begin to chirp, as so gradualy as the sun begins to rise, begin to make out the outilne of surrounding trees of the forested back yard And they become more and more visible as the light grows and the birds sing.

Will record dreams later tonight as I won't have time before going in to work this morning. Only slept four hours ecause of working the nght shift and getting up early before work. Could have slept another hour probably but I wanted the sunrise meditation moment before having to start getting ready fro work.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 02:12:08 PM »
I've decided to delete my last two posts here, because I'm in a much better mood at the moment and I was pretty angry when I wrote them.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 07:18:22 AM »
Monday/July/22/2019

I'll have to say for the most part I've accomplished my goal for July. Even though my recall is still a bit inconsistent , not quite where I'm wanting it to be yet. It has improved, having times of very vivid recall. But also times of crap recall. And I did manage to get lucid after a WBTB, during a really vivid dream. Which I was hoping might happen sometime this month, but not overly expecting it to so soon. My thoughts of dreaming, has been entering my dreams on several occasions so that is a very good sign. Even last night, having a dream discussion with someone at my job during a work dream, about developing better dream recall.

I've been getting a little better with the daily awareness work. Though still getting distracted sometimes at work and forgetting about it.

I need to remember to practice staying aware during conversations with people. And also doing an RC during or after conversations with anyone. There is pretty much  always people in my dreams and interacting with them. So if can get into the habit of staying aware during interactions with people, and RC'ing. And bring that into my dreaming interactions with people, could potentially be a powerful thing for inducing lucidity.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
Thursday/July/25/2019

This morning I decided to cut back on my morning dose of caffeine a little. Took off about 100mg.  So now at 300mg in the morning apposed to 400mg. I'm considering getting off it completely now, so I can take better advantage of being able to sleep, and have better concentration.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 11:21:04 PM »
Recap for the month of May 2020

I think I'm going to use this thread for my monthly recaps rather than my Journal. May as well snice it's here.

I've been starting to be in a better mood for the most part and feeling like I'm starting to making some progress. Finally starting to get my head where it needs to be, I think.

I had one countable lucid at the end of April, and two in may. The last of which being the most full blown and extended one of the three. I also had quite a few close calls that could have very easily become lucid. One of those most likely would have become lucid had I not woken up when I did. I also remembered to look at my watch in my last lucid which I feel is important at this stage in the game. To practice doing my reality checks in my dreams.

My goal for June is to continue to get and keep my mind where it needs to be, and maintain at least a sense of making progress. Do whatever I need to do, even if it means cutting back on the Netflix. I keep thinking I can maintain my awareness meditation while watching shows and movies all day. But there is no doubt it can definitely be a distraction and detriment if I can't stay focused and get sucked into the story too much.

I never did get off the caffeine I needed the feel good drug so had given up on the idea of getting off of it for a while. I plan to start cutting back big time again. Even though I have proven to myself that I can make progress and induce lucidity while being on the caffeine I still know I could do a lot better if I wasn't on it. Easier to sleep without having to get up and satisfy my addiction. Easier to concentrate. Easier to do the right sort of brief ten to fifteen minute focused  WBTB's  that have always worked best for me. Instead of turning them into two three four or five hour WBTB's. Still not sure if I will get off it completely but I want to get it down to a very minimal amount at least.

Hopefully I can manage to induce three or more countable lucids in June. And be in an even better place progress wise going into July. 

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 02:40:17 PM »
Tuesday/June/9/2020

A week into June and no lucids yet. But my concentration has been fairly good aside of one day where I spent all afternoon watching an entire season of "Alone." But feeling good about my dreaming and like I'm making progress. I've had a couple of close calls and my mind trying to get me airborne like it does so often when my intent to become lucid is strong enough. My recall has been becoming more and more vivid which is always a good sign.

As far as goals I've not thought a lot about it other than the goal to get lucid more and practice my in dream RC's as of course without lucidity there can not be any doing anything while lucid... Though some people can argue that having a specific goal in mind first helps to motivate them which is great if that helps. But for me aside from the motivation to see my lost friend in a lucid dream I don't really need that kind of motivation. Because for me the love for the feeling of the lucid state all on its own is motivation enough. Just to be there and feeling that kind of joyous freedom. Even if nothing happens other than to look around and say wow this is awesome. For me the better motivator is setting a specific date to get lucid on or before, and putting as much energy as I can in getting at least one lucid on or before that date.

But I have thought about it a little the past week.

The most Important goals being first of course to be able to spend time with my lost friend while in a lucid dream. And my more long term goal of practicing in dream thought control experiments and observations.

Other than that some weird ideas to try.

-Remove my head at a bowling ally and use my head as a bowling ball. Bonus if I can knock all the pins down ha ha. Well, more seriously I don't know If I can find a bowling ally or not and do all that. But I am curious of what might happen if I try to remove my head from my body so something to try.

-Looking at bare feet. I thought about this while thinking about trying to transform my feet into hands like a monkey. Of course one does not really need hand like feet in a dream to run through the trees like a monkey but I thought it might be fun to try. Then I realized I don't think I ever even noticed what my bare feet in a dream look like. People are always talking about looking at their hands in lucid dreams. But I'm thinking that looking at your bare feet has the potential to be even weirder and more interesting than looking at your hands.

-Eat a really large and ugly insectoid creature alive! Ha ha. Actually, I don't know if I could do that. While I am a dream masochist and have no problem or fear of anything happening to my dream body. The sense of taste can be extremely vivid and probably the feeling of the wiggling insect in your mouth. So I'm not sure if I can take a big bite out of a big ugly wiggling insect. I don't think I'm going to decide that one for sure until the opportunity presents itself. But eating stuff in lucid dreams in general more is something I would like to play with more and don't often think about when I'm there. I know the sense of flavor can be very strong. And just had a thought to try and use it more s a dream stabilizer. Focusing on the flavor of something or just biting into any random thing. Might be a more powerful dream stabilizer for me than touching things with my hands. Something to experiment with anyways if I ever think about it in a dream.

-I need to practice my telekinesis and flying skills so that I have them down and they are second nature to use. I am way out of practice with my lucid dreaming and I might be rusty on flying and TK. And I believe those two skills to be the two most important dream control skills just for general use as is walking and talking is in waking life. Flying for obvious reasons and telekinesis can be used in many ways(Including for flying) that is a very helpful skill in dreams. Aside of the skill of not being afraid of scary things and events, that is even more important. The no fear skill is the number one to have. Because when you are not afraid, of course, then nothing is scary no matter how scary it might try to be. When it comes to self defense in dreams, no fear is the most powerful weapon to have.

-Also figure out how to become naked quickly and easily at will with the flick of a thought would be an awesome skill to obtain. Because I don't ever want to wear cloths in dreams. Simply because there is no reason to, and it's more fun not to, and I'm not at all dream shy.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:48:33 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 01:30:22 PM »
Tuesday/June/23/2020

I completely failed on my goals during my third week of June. I had intended to really dig in and get focused on inducing lucidity. But my frame of mind took a turn for the worse so I pretty much just gave up on it and didn't think about it much for a few days.

But not a total loss as I was trying to regroup and get my head on track before I can lose too much of the progress I've been making. And on the first night of the fourth week of June the Monday night of the 22nd I got lucid spontaneously. So there is success in that at least. And a much needed boost to morale. :)