Author Topic: Trump Impeachment  (Read 112 times)

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
Trump Impeachment
« on: December 20, 2019, 01:43:26 AM »
Is Trump really, actually, certifiably, and undeniably impeached? I'm having a hard time believing this is true.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Trump Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 10:09:35 AM »
I don't know. I keep seeing flashes of headline news articles about it. But have not read any of them, or even seen an entire headline before my page loads to something else. I honestly don't even care enough about what is going on in the world to even bother looking it up to find out.

Though I have always thought it odd that America decided to have someone that seems more like a cartoon character than a real person at the head of the country. But then, not like there is much for options.

I've always thought that there must already be something seriously wrong with any individual that is so power hungry and ambitious that they would aspire to being the president of the country. But I guess someone has to have the job.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:14:54 AM by Caradon »

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 01:48:17 PM »
I've been following it off and on, and at the very least it's teaching me a lot about the actual impeachment process. The House of Representatives did draw up formal articles of impeachment after their investigations and hearings, now it's the Senate's responsibility to use the charges in those documents to conduct their own investigations / hearings and determine whether they constitute removal from office.

The comparison I heard that helped clarify it for me is that Impeachment is like delivering criminal charges, while the Senate process is the trial that determines guilt and decides what actions will be taken as a result. We'll see how it turns out I guess.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 11:50:20 AM »
They didn't act fact enough & now World War 3 is on its way.  :sob:

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 05:39:58 AM »
Someone at work yesterday mentioned that, as I had not heard anything about it. I don't follow what is going on in the world. Saw some brief news about what happened on my computer, wow. Crazy stuff going on.

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:13:36 PM »
I don't even know what to say about any of this. It all seems like the plot of a very badly written story.