Author Topic: Contratonics' Dream Journal  (Read 635 times)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
Re: Contratonics' Dream Journal
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »
It was pretty rad. Fingers crossed for you on that one.

01/03/20

Fragments

Biking a long way to work. At a shopping center I'm stopped by a cop who asks for my ID. As I'm fishing it out of my wallet, he says to turn it my way because I can't see the face. I say that's a dollar bill, my ID is still stuck in the pocket. I get my ID out, but he reaches into the wallet and retrieves what I thought was a dollar bill, but is in fact some kind of religious pamphlet made to look like one, roughly, with an unfamiliar man's face on it. The cop folds it out curiously and we both glance over it. He seems suspicious that I have it, asking where I got it. I suggest it was included as part of a tip from work, as I didn't know it was anything but money until this moment.

An unfamiliar man approaches and warns me not to believe the contents of the pamphlet, saying the man who wrote it is a liar and only looking out for himself. I'm getting frustrated at this point, repeating that I don't know what it is and I'm not interested in its contents. The man hands a handwritten receipt to the cop, saying it's my receipt for the "soul gem." and reiterating that I should explain where I got it. The cop doesn't seem to recognize this man or put much faith in his claim that the scrawled note belongs to me, and I'm allowed to go about my business.

-

Several brief fragments of a dream about caring for a small alien animal with a DC friend I don't recognize from waking life. Earliest bit I remember is an image of the creature itself, kind of a tardigrade looking thing with a translucent white outer membrane and visible internal organs.

Later we lose it somehow, and I remember driving around a run-down suburban neighborhood in the snow looking for it. We come across an abandoned house and find it inside, going through some sort of metamorphosis. It's encased in a roughly thumbnail sized sac of pink bubbly flesh attached to a wall with little tendons. Memory skips over some kind of fight, possibly with the creature itself after emerging from the cocoon, but eventually I and the DC safely recover it.

It's smaller than before, but it appears more mature featuring grasping arms, a more expressive face and the ability to move around on its own. It hooks on to one of my fingers and hangs there like a bat. Needly little claws sting pretty bad, but it's not being aggressive, just curious and wants to stay attached to someone it recognizes. I try to get it off to wrap it in something, reasoning that it wouldn't survive the cold outside. It fusses and keeps trying to latch back onto our fingers.

We do eventually get it out safely, and once we're back at my place we find an instruction manual for its care on my DC friend's laptop. We learn that this metamorphosis is the first of two, and just before she opens her info on what to expect for the second change I wake up.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2020, 02:35:00 PM »
Religious pamphlet disguised as money that's kind of brilliant way to trick people into looking at them. Don't let the churches know about that idea. :chuckle:

That dream about the creature was really cool. Too bad you woke up before the second change. I wonder what would have happened next.

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2020, 01:36:26 AM »
Lovin' all the dream creatures. You have a weird & wonderful menagerie in your mind.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2020, 10:15:32 AM »
Discovering the weird creatures my dreams come up with is a joy for me too. I used to draw them when I was younger, but haven't put pencil to paper in a while. That may be something to get back to.

01/04/20

A little one-two punch of cannibalism in this dream, fair warning if that turns your stomach.

Return to the building with the luxurious bed from my dream on Jan 1. I go downstairs, and the place seems to be a single large room with a massive loft featuring The bed space. Most of the ground level is kitchen and a slightly depressed living room area with two couches and a couple of matching seats arranged around a large coffee table. Dim overhead light fixtures set a tranquil, homey sort of mood.

I go further downstairs into a basement area through what might be mistaken for an underground wine cellar. Small ceramic vessels line the smooth stone walls in racks. Then the basement opens up into a great big stone cavern with a single stone walkway crossing it. At the center of the walkway is a long stone coffin. I walk up to it and it slides open to reveal a pale athletic looking woman with platinum blonde hair wearing modern clothing.

She speaks to me as if we're strangers, dramatically revealing herself to be a vampire and detailing a twisted game of social politicking that resulted in her becoming what she is and getting one over on her backstabbing former associates. Dream memory insists I've probably done this more times than I can count with her, so I listen politely until she is finished and wait for her to invite me back upstairs for a "taste."

We make our way back up to the large kitchen, where we each pull up a stool at the bar. She takes my wrist and bites into it, delivering an unfortunately sharp pain followed by a merciful numbness. After a few moments, she lets go of my arm. It doesn't seem to need any bandaging. Then she reaches out toward me with her own wrist up. I distinctly remember feeling a sense of jaded frustration at this. Like a weary babysitter indulging an enthusiastic child. Dream memory says she does this every time, even though I'm not a vampire. I take her wrist and bite, firm enough to feel but not enough to actually break skin. I don't understand this ritual, but I feel a sort of responsibility to perform it. I have a brief vision of actually being a vampire and feeling blood in my fangs, but it passes and I'm back in the fancy kitchen gnawing uselessly on her wrist.

Regardless of how silly it seems to me, after a moment the vampire seems satisfied. She thanks me and goes about rummaging through the kitchen while I prepare some cookware for imminent use. I ask what she's interested in eating today, and as she mulls over the question the scene shifts.

I'm standing by a small concrete pool with a small group of people. I'm carving into the shoulders and arms of one man and feeding the raw meat to the rest of the group. Very graphic and detailed, but the man is in no pain and nobody involved is in any distress. He chats idly with the rest of us while I set bits of his muscle onto paper plates and hand them to others. The mood around the pool is one of casual bemusement. I have some as well, and it has the taste and texture of slightly over cooked unseasoned chicken breast.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »
01/05/20

No dream recall. Getting some water from the nightstand is the last waking memory before sleep.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2020, 02:23:23 PM »
Wow, bizarre dream. Cool. I've been a vampire in dreams before and tried to suck blood out of people. It was an odd experience.   

I suddenly remember a long forgotten intense dream adventure where I was trying to escape a very tall tower full of powerful vampires that could fly.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2020, 10:41:35 PM »
Odd seems to be the word for it. One of those moments that makes you wonder how the brain approximates sensations you've never felt before in waking life, yet convinces you that what you're feeling is a normal part of your body.

01/06/20
Fragment

Single image of observing two people in third person. They're dressed for extreme cold and their faces are mostly obscured. One looks back at the other and I have the distinct impression he is smirking.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
01/07/20

No dream recall. There was something, but I slept through my first alarm and had to get ready for work in a hurry. Had to let it slip today.

Last waking memory is adjusting my sleeping position on the bed. It's getting old and the indentation in the middle sticks around no matter which way I flip it.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2020, 09:22:19 PM »
01/08/20

Fragment

Brief scene of a small pond, not much bigger than 20 meters across, surrounded by sparse clumps of tall grass and trees a bit farther back. Reminds me now of some of the areas winter runoff in the mountains can develop into relatively shallow permanent pools. I'm propped up against something solid I can't see, reclining on the dirt a little ways from the embankment, and I try to turn around to face another person I know is there. Moving feels stiff and strained, and I can't quite get them into view.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2020, 02:15:01 PM »
01/09/20

No dream recall. Last waking memory is turning off a light in the kitchen I'd accidentally left on in the evening.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2020, 11:58:30 AM »
01/10/20

Fragments

I'm with a group of people from different time periods in my waking life. High school and college friends, a couple people from around the desert where I grew up, ect. All of them are getting together to go to some event, and ask if I'll be able to make it. I'm not sure if I'm in a place financially to make it work, but I tell them I'll try.

We visit the site where the event is going to happen. It's a very nice conference center off the beaten path. We have to take a narrow exit off a highway, through a tunnel and around what looks like some kind of ranch over a hill before it's visible. While together in one of the conference rooms we discuss plans.

At some point I'm with one of the others in a nearby convenience store. I try to pay for the travel food we pick up, but the register shows that I only have a little over 6 bucks in my account. I try not to look too disappointed that I somehow didn't know I'd spent all my money and wouldn't be able to attend the event later with everyone.

-

Refilling my water bottle earlier this morning triggered another memory

I'm in a small apartment or dorm room with another person. She is kneeling at the wall bedside the door, using a small laptop. I set wrapped gifts and baskets down on the bed, the only other observable furniture in the room. They seem to be for me or us.

She comments that she didn't expect so many offerings. I tell her I just wish I knew who they were all from so I could have a better understanding of what I did to deserve them. I pick up one, a metal water bottle similar to one I use in waking life, and feel it in the familiar way I would sense Tone. It gives me a texture and a vague sense of the person who it once belonged to. The texture reminds me of stroking a snake. The impressions are a sort of firm, decisive tunnel vision. A kind of clarity of purpose. They feel familiar to dream me. Like a word at the tip of my tongue.

Roommate hears me mulling over this out loud and reasons that it may be someone I've met or already know, but these Tones are a side of them I haven't seen before. I agree, and then hear movement outside the door. It passes quickly, and when I look out I see two more gifts laid on front of the door. I bring them back in to roommate's amusement, and I complain about how complicated this is getting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:48:36 PM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2020, 10:33:20 AM »
01/11/20

I drive in the middle of a night to a little neighborhood in the woods. In one of the houses I meet up with a group of people to sneak into a nearby amusement park. We walk there through the woods and find a back entrance to what looks like a warehouse (disapointed I didn't catch that massive dream flag, but here we are.) The door has no handle on the outside, but I recognize that it would respond to the right set of coded behaviors to unlock. I set my bag on the ground on my left side, unzip the largest pocket with my left hand and spread it open with my right, then stand up to face sideways and push the door open with my right hand. It opens, and as I walk through it begins automatically closing. I have to trust the rest of the group will be able to follow my lead.

some memory skips here, and instead of a park we're in a large outdoor shopping mall. It's daytime now, and the place is packed with visitors. We are looking for a famous movie theater, and after asking around I find out that it's next to a Ford dealership. My view shifts to third person, rising above the mall, and I get a bird's eye view of the layout of the place. The dealership is right in the middle, and the lot where all the cars are takes up a large chunk of the total mall space.

memory skips again, and now I'm jumping into a large fishtank display. The environment shifts as I enter to look like a shallow underwater lake bed. I find my way to a sort of large metal bar hanging down from the surface, and I'm attacked by some kind of beige-white giant eel. It doesn't seem to be very agile, and I'm able to position myself between it and the bar to stay out of its reach and fight it off. I encounter another type of eel, this one red with spiny segmented plates. These red eels maneuver much better, but seem less aggressive.

I find the remains of a dead red eel, and I use it and the metal bar to fashion a sort of serrated club by wrapping the eel tightly around one end of the bar and desiccating the eel's body (through means I don't quite remember, but it felt quite natural and practiced in the dream) to make it a more reasonable size. With the weapon, I swam up and out of the water, finding myself in a small rocky archipelago. From sea level most of the islets are just sheer cliff faces with a few canyon-like passages eroded into them. They create a maze-like environment.

There are two other people on the islet I emerge beside, guarding a small stone podium with a metal, rectangular object resting on top. They tell me there is someone here trying to steal it, and they can't leave it, but there is a device on an adjacent islet that helps keep this object safe that also needs to be guarded. I navigate to the device, and find it being shut down by a man in formal attire. He tries to fight his way past me to the first object, and I use my eel club to defend myself. It turns out to be a bit flimsy, but instead of outright breaking it instead becomes flexible at the head. I use it like a flail to beat back the man, and eventually he falls onto a rocky outgrowth, either unconscious or dead.

The two men who were defending the metal object approach him and carry him away. I talk with one of them about something, but I can't remember exactly what as I begin to wake up.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2020, 12:26:54 PM »
You have such elaborate and interesting dreams. Always a pleasure to read.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2020, 05:06:07 PM »
They're a nice break from day to day life...even if they reflect it often enough in their own odd, abstract kind of way.

01/12/20

Fighting group of people in a sort of open arena setting. I start out on the outside of a volcanic island carrying some kind of tool that detects and physically interacts with certain kinds of technology.

I run down a slope into shallow water that leads into a cave entrance at the side of the volcano. My tool shows me there is compatible technology further in, so I keep going. Toward the far end of the entrance tunnel I see a small group making their way up an intimidating looking industrial installation set into the stone and magma. On my left are a couple of blast walls with stairs on the far side. They ascend to a metal tunnel that leads up into the facility proper. Most of the group goes up those but one of them stays behind to try and interact with the machinery down here. I single them out and start a fight.

They have some kind of four-bladed fan like weapon that resembles a long rotor fan or one of those big white windmills. Each blade is able to move independently after detaching from the central ring. Now that I'm awake it reminds me of one of the dueling weapons I found during the Dec. 28th dream.

I try to use my tool's attraction function to disarm them, but it only seems to catch one or two of the blades at a time. Still, by limiting the number of blades they have in hand at any given time I limit their opportunities to attack and put them on the defensive for a moment. I'm able to catch two of their blades, then repel them from each other to mimic the spinning motion their weapon makes and temporarily use their own techniques against them. I fire both of the caught blades back at them, then rush in while they're trying to regain control and get a good punch in.

They use one of the blades to try and stab me. But I somehow bend the blade around my arm as they thrust. It feels as if the physical space around my arm is curved such that moving in a straight line appears more like a corkscrew motion. The blade passes harmlessly over my shoulder and I get another smack in. I use that chance to take control of the core ring of their weapon and repel it into their chest, knocking the wind out of them and dropping them on their back.

I run over to a rough ceramic box built into the stone by the large machine in the center of the cave, and I seem to recognize it. I open it and reach in to retrieve what looks like an oil well drill bit. It has three rotating toothed heads neatly embedded at the top of about four or five rotating rings with similar teeth along their sides. There's a long metal rod extending down from the base, presumably to attach it to a larger drill mechanism. Using my tool I am able to activate the bit without a larger mechanism allowing me to use it as an improvised weapon.

Another person in very heavy sci fi armor approaches a terminal in the center of the cave that's connected to a magma flow. I duck behind the box I found the drill bit in, and they don't see me. They approach the central mechanism and begin fiddling with it. I sneak up behind them, activate the drill and thrust it into their back. It grinds through their armor and then through them. The result is not very graphic. It feels video game like.

I pull the drill out and the terminal they were interacting with shuts down as I wake up.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
01/13/20

Fragment

Walking through a ruined city in the early afternoon. Starts with 3rd person view of a large furred feline or rodent monster leaping into a nearby bay Godzilla style - though it is not a Godzilla size at all. I arrive at the bay and just wander the empty city for a while.

01/14/20

No dream recall. Last waking memory is checking on the status of a package I'm waiting on.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally