Author Topic: Contratonics' Dream Journal  (Read 636 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Contratonics' Dream Journal
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »
Fun dream! You're a bad ass dream warrior.  :)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2020, 12:18:30 PM »
I'm not sure what's up with all the violence in my dreams, it's not like I've gotten into tons of fights in waking life. Something something tabletop gaming something something theater of the mind maybe.

01/15/20
LD

Visiting family out of state. I have arrived a day early, and I'm spending time in a large elaborate resort hotel complex. My room key is a small beige pocket device with a speaker that occasionally tunes in to a local news broadcast for updates on resort events. I wander around a bit, eventually finding a restaurant with a warm, cozy atmosphere. I find a small dog sitting on a big wooden throne-like chair and try to hold my hand out to get it comfortable enough to pet, but its body language starts to border on aggressive, so I back off and leave the restaurant to explore somewhere else. I get an announcement on my room key saying some park is opening now, so I decide to head over that way and check it out.

On the way I take a look at my work schedule and notice that I'm scheduled to work today. Dream memory tells me I had let work know I'd be away months ahead of time and I shouldn't have any appointments, so I start trying to call them to let them know I'm not going to be able to make it in. I get distracted once I reach the park that just opened. It's basically a botanical garden made out of  interconnected narrow stone walkways built around small ponds in a honeycomb pattern. In the middle of each pond is a stone flower sculpture that is rigged to slowly spin and dip its petals up and down. All of the stonework, including the animated sculptures, are covered in vines, flowers and other various plants.

I meet a jogger along one of the paths next to a small stone wall, and he discovers a hidden button next to a carved face in the stone that causes water to run across the face when pressed. He playfully squeezes the spout and sprays a bit of water in my direction before jogging off. Finally I manage to make the call to work, but it's redirected to an unfamiliar personal number with a custom call tone and my phone displays a screen that shows my position in the call waitlist. I stay on the line until my call goes through and an unfamiliar voice answers. I ask if I'm connected to the right place and she confirms this. I recognize her after a moment as a new hire who I ran into in waking life just a couple days ago and we catch up for a moment before I explain the situation. She says she'll be able to take care of my schedule issue.

While I'm on the line a bird flies over and lands on my face. It seems to be trying to steal some of my hair for nesting or something. I switch my phone to camera mode as the bird scrambles around my head and through the camera I see it's a very large blue jay. I snap a photo, and after my phone screen refreshes the jay has been joined by a small great horned owl chasing it around my head. The owl snatches up the blue jay and flaps down to the ground at my feet, and I notice that it has a little dog leash caught on one of its talons.

I try to get the leash off without getting too close to the owl, but it's pulling away and digging its talon deeper into the fabric. It looks at me like I'm at fault here, then starts waddling away. I follow it through a hotel lobby, still holding the leash and waiting for an opportunity to free the poor thing, but as we pass through the threshold into the lobby, it transforms into a little terrier. Same size and color of the owl, just a dog now. I realize at that moment that I'm probably dreaming, and try a nose plug RC out of habit.

It works. I'd forgotten how jarring the transition to lucidity can be after being so utterly unquestioningly convinced that what's happening around me is waking life. Knowing that this is a dream, I decide to let the terrier go about its business and turn my attention to stretching some mental muscles. To my left is a pair of large glass double doors that exit the hotel lobby. I jump toward them and try to phase though them, which I manage fairly easily. The familiar feeling of glass and metal passing through my body settles me down a bit. There are a couple of metal traffic guard posts outside the doors. I place one hand on each and phase my hands into them a couple inches deep, then raise them back out.

With some of the easy stuff coming back to me, I decide to try something I've historically been less skilled at. I look up at the sky, cloudy and grey as usual, and I twirl my hands in slow spinning motions, trying to make a tornado. The clouds respond by slowly forming into a small funnel and rotating gently in place. Not as dramatic as I intended, but not bad considering how tough manipulating anything other than my own body usually is. Satisfied, I look down at the ground. The sidewalk is a sort of bricklike or cobblestone texture, and I decide to try my old scene transition trick. I let myself fall backwards and phase through the ground, and on the other side I find myself in a busy pool hall / bar.

Feeling emboldened, I try to float up through the ceiling to go deeper, and run into my old nemesis - flight. I'm able to hover a bit, but can't quite will myself past a certain height. After a few moments of experimenting, I decide to just climb up. I grab on to a light fixture and try to pull myself higher, but the lights start to pull away from the ceiling under my weight. I draw on Tone sensations in my left hand and lightly smack the light fixture with my palm, steadying it in space long enough to pull myself up and reach into the ceiling. My hand phases through the ceiling and I try to pull myself up from the other end of it, but my weight starts to cave in the material under it as well. I feel around for a bit and find a nice sturdy metal pipe inside, and finally use that to pull myself up another level.

Here I find myself in a crowded hospital treatment room with several inpatients in beds and seats. I try to climb up another level, this time starting with a security camera bolted to the ceiling, but it snaps off immediately. A nurse comes into the room with a snack for one of the patients, and he has a friendly chat with her while helping her eat. It's a sweet scene, so I point the security camera at him and give a thumbs up gesture in front of it before continuing to try and climb. Next I try one of the fluorescent lights, but it also breaks away before I can stabilize it like the last one. The nurse notices me and tells me to get down, taking the security camera and raising it like a weapon. I take the little fluorescent lightbulb and flood it with Tone, causing it to flicker on and release a puff of mist like a little fog machine. He reaches for my lightbulb to try and take it from me, but I spin it around his hand and flick it back at the camera he's holding, disarming him instead.

While he goes to retrieve the camera I walk over to the window to check out the view from up / down here, but from another room several other nurses rush in with a cart and an AED machine. I worry for a moment that they're backup to try and subdue me, but then I notice that they're gathering around one of the patients whose heart has apparently stopped. I sit on the windowsill and watch them for a moment before the scene transitions on its own and I lose lucidity.

I'm now in third person looking at myself and two other people I don't recognize in a dramatically cartoony style, sitting on the edge of one of the stone walkways in the botanical garden from earlier. My appearance has changed to reflect the alien conversion that I underwent in an old dream, looking more like an awkward combination between a bird and an insect than a human. I turn to one of the others I'm sitting with and ask her where I left off, as if the lucid dream I was just experiencing was a story I was sharing. She says that obviously cats know all about dreams so I should ask my cat where I should pick up the story. From offscreen to the right a giant armored forepaw enters my view, and a cat roughly 7 feet tall on all fours wearing bronze armor plates approaches me. It cat-chatters at the people I'm sitting with, and I approach it. I ask it if it wants a treat and if it can remind me what the rest of the dream was about. It meows loudly at me and walks offscreen to the right. The three of us follow, and as we walk offscreen I wake up.

_

Just woke up with this one in memory and it is still Wednesday in my time zone, so here's a quick add on

At Bu West house where a somebody has taken over the building and is violently repelling anyone who tries to enter. I'm with a group of DCs, all of us appear to be young teenagers, and according to dream memory we're all close friends. I open the garage door, which hasn't been barred from the inside, and find it full of wooden mock weapons. I dig through a wicker basket and retrieve a pair of beaked clubs with tightly wrapped wool around the handles. Dream memory tells me I've had them for ages and they're very familiar in my hands.

I show the others where they can find different kinds of weapons among the racks and baskets, and we enter the house through the garage. Inside we find a large, non intimidating man facing us. We pile onto him, but he fends us off easily and runs off to another room. The layout of the house is impossible and confusing, but we manage to catch up. This time he has an adult hostage. Dream memory thinks of her as family, and he seems to be having trouble keeping hold of her, but he has set up an elaborate trap that will electrocute her if he catches us trying to rescue her.

As he explains the trap to us, I sneak around through another room and find the extension cord powering the ordinary household devices he used to rig the trap. I unplug it and he drops the woman, running away. We pursue him outside, but he drives away on a black sedan and I notice flashing police car lights approaching from around a corner.

Instead of holding up the vehicle, a pair of officers cover themselves behind their car doors and draw their weapons, telling me to put my belongings down and get on the ground. I comply, and the dream skips ahead to one of the officers instructing me and a different group of kids to help repair a patch of odd sidewalk in the city that looks to be made of some kind of resin. Dream memory says I know this particular officer and have interacted with him casually for a while, so as frustrated as I am with the situation I don't take it out on him and try to do my best to get this little community service task out of the way while leaving the home intruder to the police.

He drives us to the location we're going to do our work, but on the way the breaks go out in his vehicle and we fall off a small ridge, down about 15 or 20 feet. It's a hard fall, but we're about to collect ourselves and safely exit the vehicle. We're a bit bloody and bruised and check on each other for injuries. We're in a lot of pain but nothing seems broken, though there's no sign of my officer pal. I notice there is another house here at the bottom of the hill, and the man I was just fighting is breaking into the building. All of us immediately disregard the situation we just survived and enter the house to confront the man.

This time the setup is much more elaborate with a series of physically impossible trials. He manifests floating geometrical shapes in one room that we most dodge in order to reach the next, he physically defends another room using a sort of metal block that he can throw to ricochet around and home in on us before returning to his hands.

After a few trials, I'm the only one left. The dream is vague about whether the other kids are dead or not. Either way I nearly fail another challenge that relates to bears somehow before retreating to catch my breath. I explore the impossible space of the house a bit, until I stumble across the man lying down in front of a laptop muttering to himself about how he can make the next challenge tougher for me. I barge in and kick him in the head, and he scoots away backwards yelling at me about breaking the rules and complaining that I most not have read his "fair play" guidelines
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 11:19:28 PM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2020, 11:32:34 AM »
01/16/20

No dream recall, but I do remember a general familiar kind of vibe as I was waking up. Like looking at a photo from ages ago and suddenly remembering that moment after not thinking about it for years.

01/17/20
Fragment

Brief scene of driving on a highway. Something goes wrong on the road and I need to pull to the shoulder. I look around my dashboard for a button or switch that will do something - now that I'm awake I forget what I was trying to get my car to do exactly - and a voice comes up from the bluetooth audio in my car trying to help me find the thing.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2020, 06:26:19 PM »
Wow That was a good night, Congrats on the lucid. It was a good one you got to try a lot of different things. Cool idea trying to form a tornado rotating your hands. And falling  through the ground backwards  to change dreams. I've done a lot of free falling backwards of of high places. But never tried to fall through the ground like that. I'll have to remember to try that sometime. 

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »
Thanks, it helped make the work I've been doing to get back into all this really feel worth it. Here's to no more nights waking up knowing I'd been lucid but remembering nothing about the LD. I highly recommend the falling backwards thing too, pretty sure I stumbled across it in some other dreamer's forum journal ages ago and fell in love with it right away.

01/18/20
ND

I am a traveler walking into an unfamiliar town. Buildings are made from a reddish brown clay material in rounded, organic looking shapes. Everything is organized across three or four different elevations, and footpaths around town wind up and down and around in non-intuitive patterns, making navigation difficult. As I'm getting my bearings a man in metal armor approaches me surreptitiously, quietly informing me that some hostile group or another is watching me. He gestures for me to follow him, and dream memory makes me familiar with the fact that this area is unfriendly to outsiders with secretive organizations often targeting people like me.

I follow the armored man to a building under a clay archway. He enters, but closes and locks the door before I can walk inside. The ground floods up to about waist height and a large assortment of fish swim up to me. Some are curious, some are fleeing predatory fish and others are looking to take a bite out of me. I fend them off fairly casually, not feeling particularly threatened, until the door I'm waiting in front of opens and the armored man invites me inside.

As he does, a robed person wearing red face paint appears in a puff of steam behind him and stabs him with a knife or dagger. I run back toward a more open part of town, but find several more robed figures there attacking other people in the street. Many of them are positioned on an upper level firing some sort of magic spell down at whoever they can. Fist-sized rocks fly out of their hands, exploding on contact.

I take cover and analyze the spell, then decide to try it for myself. I don't remember any particular chant or gesture associated with it, I simply raise a hand at the spellcasters and intention does the rest. I'm able to mostly recreate the spell, but I find it very difficult to aim, and rather than a single large stone I fling a volley of smaller stones with smaller explosions. I don't seem to cause much damage to the robed figures, but they do turn their focus to me and find cover of their own in response to my attack.

During this exchange I wake up.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
01/19/20

Fragments

Using my palms to trace wide circles against the side of a huge soft-furred animal. My only memory of it is close up at its flank, so I can't really describe the thing. Just a big comfy wall of fur.

Brief image of a paused youtube video. It's paused at about 9 hours in with 2 hours remaining, and on screen are five or six people seated in comfortable chairs side by side on some sort of stage. If you've ever seen a World Science Festival panel it would have looked pretty familiar.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2020, 11:41:05 AM »
01/20/20

Fragments

Image of speaking to a shorter man in a big white coat. We appear to be in a subway station. I don't remember the exact conversation, but from the snapshot I do remember we had just both discovered something supernatural in common between us. Neither of us expected to meet anyone else with this thing in common and were both apprehensive, curious and terribly excited.

Image of swinging my right arm out in a sideways arc, like throwing a frisbee forehand.

Image of an aqueduct seen from above as if on a bridge or overpass.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2020, 02:07:52 PM »
01/21/20
Fragment

Visiting a wealthy man dream memory says is an old friend. Resembled the man in the white coat from yesterday's dream. He explains he will be away soon and wants to introduce me to a small magical creature menagerie so I can eventually care for it when he takes his business trips. Unfortunately I don't remember any of the creatures themselves, but faded bits of memory do include going through the motions of handling various animals and the sensations of scales and feathers.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2020, 04:39:48 PM »
Babysitter for a rich guys weird creature pets, how cool. I hope he was going to pay you a lot!  :)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2020, 06:21:14 PM »
Maybe someday I'll try re-entering that dream and ask him.

01/22/20

ND and Fragments

Driving through a suburban community on my way to a meetup with some old WL friends. The weather is icy and it's made me a bit late. When I arrive at the place we agreed to meet, they seem to have already left. I know where they all planned to go after gathering, so I drive there instead. I find myself in a visiting room at what dream memory tells me is a psychiatric inpatient care facility. Inside I meet a young teenager, the son of a friend of the family, who is living here by court order and has been making progress.

We greet each other and catch up, it's been a while since I visited. He seems to be getting a lot of visits lately from people he hasn't seen in a while, now that he's getting closer to being released. Outside I see two vans pull up - the people I was originally going to meet to come here. I go outside and greet them and most of them are surprised I was able to make it at all.

-

I'm in my old apartment. Two roomate DCs are living with me. I walk from one of the bedrooms into the office room, and find one roommate walking out with a delivery pizza. He heads into the kitchen and starts doing dishes, complaining about our other roommate not doing their share.

-

I'm standing on the edge of the ridge at BuWest house, looking over the hill and down to the ocean. I'm in my Presage alien form speaking with another similar creature about a person approaching in a spade-shaped flying craft. My counterpart seems to believe the person will struggle and fail at whatever they're trying to accomplish here. I'm more curious than anything. As the ship flies closer to our ridge I decide to follow it, jumping off the cliff and gliding onto the ship's hull.

It carries me into a city, where a train is careening through the streets and smashing buildings in its path. The ship I'm stowing away on opens at the bottom and drops a handful of sleek armored figures to stop the train. I enter the ship and take control of a gunner position, and the dream becomes rather like a Star Fox boss fight as I aim at highlighted target points along the train while all of us try to stop it. Eventually we do, and I exit the ship taking a human form like the ones I'd just fought alongside.

On the ground, we seem to have lost our ship. We have to find our way to a safe meeting point on foot. While navigating, we spot a hostile group crossing an intersection ahead. We drop prone and still, and the group starts to pass by until one does a quick visual scan in our direction and seems to notice something off. We hold as they approach, since we're a bit more spread out and can surprise them from all sides if they're close enough. The dust and smoke from the wrecked city obscure us long enough to get them close enough, and we start firing. Most of them go down quick, but one somehow finds a civillian to use as a human shield. An ally to my right panics and just starts unloading into both of them, at which point I notice neither of them are being hurt.

Dream memory "reminds" me that this is all a sophisticated training exercise, and some of the mock hostiles we shot down start trying to coach us. We eventually clear the scenario and press on, navigating to a warehouse building with an old keypad lock. It resembles a door at a place I used to work in waking life a while ago, and while one of my teammates takes out some kind of wiring kit I punch in a five digit code and the door swings open. Once we all get inside we get an augmented reality notification that we've completed the exercise.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2020, 11:23:53 AM »
01/23/20

No dream recall. Not much sleep. I tried winding down with some idle sketching for a while, that's the last memory I have before waking.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2020, 10:37:16 AM »
01/24/20
Fragments

Brief image of conversing with Vig over a table with what looked like a series of blueprints and floorplans. I'm holding a wooden wedge that looks like it was cut out of a single patterned block made from several thin strips of different woods adhered together. The impression in the dream was that we were planning some kind of raid, and this patterned wood was going to be a key part of the plan.

Brief scene in a department store. I seem to be working there, sitting on a wide u-boat dolly I'd just used to stock aisles. A couple of the friends from waking life that showed up in the dream from the 22nd approach and we chat for a bit.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
01/25/20

Brief image of standing in my apartment hall with someone criticizing my choice of toothpaste.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2020, 01:35:03 PM »
01/26/20

Two similar fragments

First is a short scene of me in Presage alien form and Thiix sorting through documents. We're removing them from old disorganized file cabinets and arranging them by subject on a small table. This one alternates between first person and third person, and I remember my big dumb fluffy neck filaments taking up a huge portion of my view in the third person segments.

Second is a short scene with a handful of aliens with a similar appearance to Vig. I'm human in this one, and we're rotating a small stock of ceramic bottles to place newer product behind the older ones on wooden shelves.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2020, 06:32:48 PM »
01/27/20
Several Fragments

Scene of weeding outside a very small house in the mountains. I'm using a hooked linoleum knife to dig roots out of the soil. As I pass a window, my mother gets my attention and says we have a $3,000 job from a regular client. Dream memory fills in the blanks and tells me I'm familiar with the cind of work we're contracted out for, but now that I'm awake I don't actually know the nature of that work. She asks me to call him back to get the details.

Scene of acting as a chauffeur for someone who keeps trying to get me to look at a funny video on his phone. Not sure if these two scenes are connected.

Scene of working in a well lit concrete warehouse with a handful of other people. We're all just going about our business, not really interacting.

Scene of unwinding and cleaning the neck filaments of a Presage alien. They look like little pennate, feather like fiber optic wires when separated and faint light pulses through them with a heartbeat rhythm. Each individual filament is animate and I need to take special care while cleaning to avoid triggering a reflexive flinch while handling them.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally