Author Topic: IASD 2020 International Conference - Open Call for Volunteers  (Read 54 times)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
IASD 2020 International Conference - Open Call for Volunteers
« on: December 20, 2019, 11:52:42 AM »
http://iasdconferences.org/2020/call-for-volunteers/

Hey all, just thought I'd drop this in here if anyone is interested. I've volunteered at several IASD conferences in the past, and it's a good way to get in if the usual professional fees aren't within your budget, as they aren't in mine. The formal details are on the page linked above, but if you have any interest I can answer more specific questions about day to day stuff based on my own experiences.

If you do have the opportunity an IASD conference is worth attending at least once, and this is one way to make it a bit more feasible. Volunteers in all positions have plenty of time between their responsibilities to actually attend presentations, workshops, morning dream groups, ect.

I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to make it this year, but I'll probably know by January or February if it'll work out with my work schedule. Fingers crossed.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
Re: IASD 2020 International Conference - Open Call for Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 02:16:02 PM »
I'd love to volunteer but it's too far away for me.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 12:06:00 AM »
I can't go either. Though I'd enjoy the opportunity to meet Stephen Laberge (If you actually get to talk with the speakers.) It would be nice to thank him and let him know how much inspiration EWOLD was to me when I first found it back in the early days before the internet and I was first learning to induce lucidity. Just reading about what they were doing in their laboratories and knowing I wasn't alone in my fascination with dreaming was enough to inspire me to induce lucidity much more frequently back then. 

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 12:32:13 AM »
Well if we can't make it we can't make it. My dad's side of the family is considering having a reunion next year around that time too, and that will take precedence if it happens.

There is plenty of downtime to chat with people at the conference though, things get very casual around there. Especially the night of the dream ball. I think I've got a photo lying around somewhere of David Kahn wearing nothing but a tuxedo top and tighty whities for his "dream about being in public with no pants" costume.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally