Author Topic: Flixated  (Read 998 times)

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
  • Lucid Dreams: 23
Flixated
« on: January 01, 2020, 11:31:56 PM »
A thread to discuss recently watched movies, old, new, borrowed, blue.
Uh... on second thought, skip the blue movies.
Just tell us about the latest movie you saw and why you liked or didn't like it. No spoilers please.

Just got home from watching the 2019 film version of Cats. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSd844cI7U.
It was very creepy at times and the acting made me feel uncomfortable. I didn't like the cgi-ness of the cats at all. However I did get drop kicked in the feels by some of the singing which is something major. Rarely do I get emotional at a movie, especially in a public theater.
So, I didn't like it visually but musically I was touched. I'm kind of worried what my dreams will be like tonight.
 :paranoid:

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Flixated
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 12:26:38 AM »
Cool. Does this include shows? I actually watch more shows than movies now days but I get a movie in here and there.

Yesterday I was intending to watch some of the second season of the "Lost In Space" reboot that just came out on Netlfix the day before Christmas. The first season was wonderful and have been looking forward to the new season. But I ended up watching "Doom" Instead. A movie based off the first person monster shooter video game. The movie was kind of cheesy but I enjoyed it anyway because I have the virtual reality version of the game and its a lot of fun in VR. Using the  gun  controller that feels like a rifle in your hands when you are holding it in VR. Anyway the movie reminded  me a lot of the game so it was fun to watch. And there was some fun monster action. I thought it might influence my dreams too.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 05:58:01 AM »
Season three of "Outlander" came to Netflix recently and I'm going to be watching that soon. Watched the first two seasons that were available when I was on my two week vacation in November. Based on the first two seasons, the show very well be my number one favorite of all time. 

Well, the show is a fantasy, romantic, action adventure about a women from the 1940s that gets somehow magically pulled through time through the standing rock formations at some Stonehenge type of location. She gets transported to old Scotland sometime in the 1800s. While trying to figure out how to get back home to her own time, she gets caught up in an incredible, very intense, and romantic adventure with a band of Scotish rebels that are revolting against tyranny. And there is some very beautiful imagery of the Scotland countryside. But just a warning to anyone interested in checking it out, it's very sexual. And some pretty disturbing scenes as well. It's about as mature as a mature rated show can get, I think.   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:12:57 AM by Caradon »

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »
I watched the first couple of seasons of Outlander too and was addicted for a while. I didn't watch it at first because I thought it would be some super sappy lovey dovey fairytale type show. Boy was I wrong. lol Actually, last year ... or two years ago now? for season four they were searching for Native American actors for the show and I was going to head to auditions but I was in still very much enrolled in my university course and the dates conflicted with important dates in my course. The world will have to wait for a little while longer for me to become a major celebrity.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 12:19:57 PM »
Well when you do make it big try not to forget the rest of us little folk.

Outlander doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but I do know someone who might dig it if they aren't already familiar. Will pass it on.

I recently got a budget chromebook that came with a couple months free of Disney Plus, and I went back and watched some OG Star Wars movies. Until now I'd only seen the first one all the way through, so it was a weird ride seeing some of the origins of a bunch of star wars tropes I'd already gotten familiar with through games and other spinoff material. Also made me appreciate why Empire Strikes Back is considered so good, I'd watch that one again gladly.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:22:54 PM »
Watched 'The Rise of Skywalker' again but this time in Dbox. Made the movie about 23% more fun to watch. I hate to say it but the last three Star Wars movies were like someone's fanfiction. I thought I was nuts to feel that way but when I saw other people felt the same way I didn't feel as crazy. The Rise of Skywalker still felt super fanfictiony but at least this film catered to the fan base more than the last one did. We fans appreciate a good caterin' to.

Not too long ago I had the amazing opportunity to see Star Wars in Concert: The Empire Strikes Back. It was a whole new and awesome way to experience the movie. The live music was perfectly set to the movie. And it was even better because the theater was packed full of SW fans who all laughed and reacted in unison to all the same parts in the movie. I've never felt such a strong bond to other SW fans. It was my best nerd herd experience to date. If you ever get the chance to do it, see Star Wars in Concert. /not sponsored or blackmailed in any way to give the aforementioned testimony to SW in Concert

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 05:21:59 PM »
Wow Star wars in concert that would be awesome...

I watched a Michael Bay action movie last night called 6underground. It was about 6 special agents with different specialized skills that fake their own deaths. Being legally dead they are free to go after and kill the most evil dictators of the world. One of the characters was a parkour master which was really cool. It was fun crazy over the top action. I'm not real familiar with Michael Bay movies except for the Transformers movies. I could definitely see the similarities in the style of the action in this movie as in the Transformers movies. There was some really wild stuff going on at times.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 01:42:57 PM »
Might have to check that one out. Sounds LD inducing.

Prior to all the recent life crisis, I binge watched AJ and the Queen on netflix. It's about a troubled kid who starts hanging out with a drag queen. Kind of slightly like a modern but prolonged Pricilla Queen of the Desert. It's funny and sad and kept my interest, which is hard for television shows to do anymore.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 07:40:27 AM »
There is a lot of really good shows though. For me it's been more difficult finding movies that I like a lot.
Been trying to watch season three of Outlander I don't know what happened to that show. The first two seasons were so great, so intense and adventure filled. Season three has been painfully boring, nothing at all going on. Seven episodes so far of pure nothing, literally. Can't think of a single interesting thing that has happened yet. 

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 10:28:56 PM »
I hear ya about the movies. Almost every time I see a movie I feel as if I've wasted my time, sanity, and money.

Haven't been to a movie in a while. Think I will try to catch one this weekend.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 05:02:42 PM »
I've not been to the theater in quite a while. I used to love the theater but I started preferring the relaxing atmosphere of my living space. And if I want to watch something on a theater sized screen I have my VR headset which projects a theater sized screen out in front of you to watch movies on.  And also plays 3D blu-rays which I have an okay collection of. Right now I'm having a hard time enjoying the house and just staying in my tent which has been calming.

I've just been laying in the dark in my tent watching a show I started yesterday called Ozark It's a pretty good show if a little slow at times, just something about it that holds the attention. First episode was intense. Just about done with the first of two seasons. It's about a guy that gets caught up with money laundering for the cartels. His partner was stupid and stole money from the cartels and got himself killed. The main character barely convinces the cartels that he is worth keeping alive. Now he is in a constant state of desperately trying to prove his continued worth in order to keep his wife and kids from being killed.   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:17:29 PM by Caradon »

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 11:15:14 PM »
I go to the movie theater when I want to get out of the house but not do anything strenuous. Also, the movie theater experience is enjoyable for me, massive screen, surround sound, and sometimes seats that move with the movie. Popcorn and candy, sort of like being a kid again except everything is probably a thousand percent more expensive than when I was a kid.

Tonight watched 'The Turning'. Synopsis: A young governess is hired by a man who has become responsible for his young nephew and niece after the deaths of their parents. The Turning is a modern take on Henry James’ novella “The Turn of the Screw”, produced by Steven Spielberg.

Was a very slow movie and not scary in the least, not even suspenseful. Lots of uncomfortable scenes scattered between too many scenes of people just walking and/or searching. The actors did a decent job considering there isn't very much depth to the dialogue or plot. This is a movie we should have saved for 'cheap night'.

Best thing about the experience, my R2D2 is still scoring me a free regular combo. I only have a couple of days left of him providing me with free junk food. There better be a good movie coming out Friday.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 02:58:32 AM »
Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey. Not the deepest movie ever made but nor is it the shallowest. Much better than a lot of the comic based movies I've seen lately. Looking for a couple of hours of sheer mindless entertainment? Give this movie a look see.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 01:39:46 PM »
I've heard of that. I wonder if it's on Netflix.

I watched a horror movie with one of the dumbest ideas ever. A demonic camera that kills the people that get pictures taken of them with it. It's called "Polaroid."
As dumb as then idea is, they somehow made it kind of fun to watch anyways.

I finished watching season three of "Outlander" It got a lot more fun again after episode 7 when they started adventuring again. I think maybe they should shorten the seasons. Don't really need seven hours of slow build up before the fun begins. It was good though, once it finally got going. 

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 11:25:32 PM »
If I have time I might try to get back into Outlander.

Recently watched Zombie Land Double Tap. I fell asleep during it, which says something.
 :nienies: