Author Topic: Flixated  (Read 504 times)

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
Re: Flixated
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 11:52:28 AM »
Watched 'The Boy 2' on Friday night. I wasn't very impressed by the story. The locations and shots were lovely, though.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 05:13:01 PM »
Saw the Invisible Man a couple of weeks ago, or last week maybe? I don't even remember. It was interesting. Nothing to brag about. If you've ever been in an abusive relationship, this movie might be a tad triggering.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2020, 04:45:09 AM »
Someone at work was talking about The Invisible Man.  I thought he was talking about the Kevin Bacon one at first. But I think he was talking about the same one you are.

I was watching an interesting Docuseries on Netflix called Pandemic. First episode features a lady that was saying she had watched the movie "Outbreak in 1995" And became obsessed with the possibility of a new pandemic and dedicated her life to researching how to detect and stop one and now she is basically the head of the CDC. 

The documentary was made before this outbreak began. Kind of an earie moment where she says something along the lines of. "We don't know where when or how a new flu pandemic is going to begin. But we do know that it will." Kind of earie hearing her say that, because now it is.

Also kind of interesting that they say all the really deadly ones come from animals because the ones from animals are pretty alien to our immune systems, and our bodies don't know how to handle them. Not sure if true or not but I heard someone at work saying this new one came from bats. Someone ate a bat and got sick or some such and started the whole thing. But I don't know for sure, you know how rumors go. Everything gets twisted and people make shit up. 

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 08:10:11 AM »
Lies! This is all caused by a bio warfare project gone out of control.  :paranoid:

Here, there is a theory that this was caused to cover up something else that is going on in the world. I can't say if it is or it isn't... but I know humans. Humans, especially rich ones, are assholes. And assholes are always up to something. There's asshole-ery afoot. Mark my words.
 :profound:

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 06:30:51 PM »
I've been reading a lot of stuff lately, yeah there are a lot of theories about that going around. But it's hard to know what is true and what isn't.

I've been watching a pretty good, but sad movie called Aftermath. Arnold Schwarzenegger is in it. Arnold plays a guy who loses his wife and daughter to a mid air plane collision due to a bad air traffic control mistake/accident. It's a good movie though should probably be watching something more cheerful. But it randomly popped up and decided to check it out.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:39:18 PM by Caradon »

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 09:02:02 PM »
Watched 'Ready Player One' last night. The nostalgia was fun but the storyline under it made me wonder how many people will be escaping into the internet more than usual over the next two weeks, and made me hope that people are being safe online. There are likely predators out there poised and ready to pounce on the vulnerable.

Sorry I went there but my mind is not in the nicest place now. I'm trying to keep a good mind. I should watch more up beat movies as well.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2020, 06:53:26 PM »
I never saw that but looking forward too at some point.

Ozark season three is coming to Netflix in a couple of days. Looking forward to binging that. The first two season were pretty good even though the beginning of season 2 was a bit slow paced for me but it got good. Season three looks like it will be good. It's a quality well made show with good acting and some tense drama.

I watched the very first episode of the original Star Trek the other day. It was actually enjoyable despite the extremely outdated quality of the costumes and special effects. I got into it enough to watch the entire episode. And to my surprise it had a dreaming element to it. I watched some of the originals when I was a kid when they were on TV. But I don't really remember much of it. I thought it would be fun to watch the very first Star Trek episode ever made.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »
I found a really good show called Money Heist. I normally can't handle foreign shows because I struggle with the most times terrible voice over acting on non English speaking shows. But this one the voice overs are not too terrible most of the time, except when this one guy laughs is horrible and stupid sounding. lol The show itself is excellent. I've watched 9 episodes so far since I started it last night and I was into it right away from the start of Episode 1. Loving it.

I'm hoping this show will be a gateway for me to be able to enjoy more foreign stuff because there is so much of it on Netflix and some that look really good. But as mentioned the voice over actors usually sound so bad it's too difficult to watch. But hopefully Money Heist will help me to get used to watching dubbed material so can enjoy it more.   

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »
Finished three seasons of "MONEY HEIST"

Brilliant fun show from Spain. Has a little bit of everything. Action, adventure, drama, romance, some good humor. Fun characters. Looks like another season is coming early April, the 3rd I think it said.

A criminal mastermind has a long time plan he designed to take a mint hostage. He recruits a group of people to train and pull it off. The plan, to take the mint hostage, and then toy with and delay the authorities for as long as possible while inside the mint they use the money making machines to print as much money as they can before making their escape with the newly printed and untraceable cash. A lot of twists and turns, and of course some unexpected obstacles to the plan to overcome. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:12:35 PM by Caradon »

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »
Finished the first two seasons of Breaking Bad. Now I see why the show has so many rave reviews. The end of season two was way intense, awful, but really intense drama. I put off watching the show for the longest time wondering how a show about a meth dealer could be as good as everyone claims and probably not my kind of thing. But it's more complex than that. And a lot different than I expected.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 07:59:59 AM »
I still haven't watched Breaking Bad either. I'm trying to stay away from shows because I don't want to binge watch just yet.

After all these years I finally watched Sharknado.
 :facepalm:

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, 04:26:39 PM »
Sharknado lol. I still have not seen that either.

I finished all five seasons of Breaking Bad. And the El Camino movie which is just a continuation to wrap up the storyline of one of the main characters. For some strange reason instead of having two more episodes to the season, they made a two hour movie that starts right where the final episode of season 5 ends. The show was as fantastic as everyone always says it is.

I watched a little bit of "Better Call Saul" which is a prequel spin off to "Breaking Bad" Mainly focused on the lawyer character Saul I guess. It's started out pretty good, funny.

I watched a really cool new zombie movie called "The Girl With All The Gifts." It was really good except the ending was unsatisfying to me and left me hanging and disappointed. But otherwise I liked it a lot. A different and interesting twist on the zombie virus idea. And the apocalyptic settings were visually fantastic. Especially the city overgrown with plant life looked amazing.  But it just ended too abruptly without much of an ending. Maybe there will be a sequel that continues and expands on it. That would be good then.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2020, 09:44:56 AM »
So, after I said I'm trying to not binge watch, I watched all of Tiger King in two days. lol I just could not get over how twisted everything and everyone was in that show, documentary, whatever the hell it was that I exposed my poor brain to. Humans...  :shakehead:

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2020, 02:16:30 PM »
I watched a little bit of the beginning of that show. It was seemed kind of interesting. I've never even heard of that guy before.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2020, 11:50:57 PM »
I never heard of him either. It was the first pick in the popular section so I decided to watch one episode because I had nothing better to do at the time. And the damn thing hooked me.