Author Topic: Mindvalley LD course  (Read 1258 times)

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
Mindvalley LD course
« on: July 04, 2017, 08:16:26 PM »
Have any of you taken this LD course?

http://courses.mindvalleyacademy.com/dream-sculpting/online-training/invite
http://thoughtbrick.com/lucid-dreaming/dream-sculpting-first-impressions/

Andrew Holecek’s #1 most popular Lucid Dreaming technique (which is a combination of two techniques) that studies prove can increase your chances of experiencing a lucid dream by more than 500%.

Looks like it's meditation combined with prospective memory exercises.
In the secret space of dreams
Where I dreaming lay amazed
When the secrets all are told
And the petals all unfold
When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me.
-- from Attics of My Life, by Robert Hunter

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
Re: Mindvalley LD course
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 01:46:17 PM »
I have not.

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:58:00 PM »
I have not.

Most likely not very useful except maybe for beginners.
You dreamed of me.

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 08:39:58 AM »
It seems like a variation on the setting of intention and reality checks, with more of an emphasis on general mindfulness.

Probably nothing we don't know about already, and we could do it on our own even if it's generally hard to do.  Now and then I remember that I'd like to be more mindful but it doesn't seem to stick.

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:35:17 PM »
It seems like a variation on the setting of intention and reality checks, with more of an emphasis on general mindfulness.

Probably nothing we don't know about already, and we could do it on our own even if it's generally hard to do.  Now and then I remember that I'd like to be more mindful but it doesn't seem to stick.

Yes. Never easy to get it to stick.
You dreamed of me.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 01:34:06 AM »
Saw this and was curious.

It's your basic click funnel/sales funnel. They get you to click and take their free course that's really watered down to get you interested. When you finish the free course you're invited to take the 'real' course for a few hundred dollars.

In this instance:
Exploring Lucid Dreams Masterclass (which only teaches terminology and shares dream stories) is free.
When you finish the free course you're invited to take the The Dream Sculpting course (regularly $1059) for only $495... or pay $179 over 3 months.

I've never heard of this guy who is allegedly one of the best known lucid dream teachers around. Even if he was the bestest lucid dream teacher in all the solar system I still wouldn't pay $500 to learn anything from him. Especially after wasting my time on his very anemic 'Lucid Dreams Masterclass'. Tisn't any mastery or class about the course if you ask me. Just my humble opinion.
Below, proof I suffered through the 'masterclass'.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 05:46:41 AM »
There is no reason to pay a dime for anything lucid dreaming. Anyone with enough motivation can do it for free. I taught myself how to do it as a teen, not even really believing it was possible because I had never heard of anyone doing it. So I thought that it must not be a doable thing. But I wanted to know I was dreaming in a dream so badly that one day I decided I didn't care if it was possible or not, I was going to make it possible. And I got lucid through sheer determination and taught myself how to question if I'm dreaming while awake because that is the obvious way to do it.(At least it seemed obvious to me to go through my life questioning if I'm in a dream so that I would do it in my dreams too.)  It wasn't until later I stumbled across "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming" in a book store and found out I wasn't the only one doing it.

In my opinion there is no reason for any kind of course paid or free. And any information on the subject is already freely available online for anyone that wants to look it up.

One of the most wonderful things about lucid dreaming is that it's an experience in the ultimate freedom. And a part of that freedom is that it's a completely free to experience activity since everything about it is happening in your mind...  Anyone trying to make money off of it now a days, in my opinion, is just being a scammer. I can understand early books on the subject like EWOLD back before the internet and free information online. But now days there is no reason for it.

In my opinion there are way too many complicated techniques and ILDS and what not. I can explain how to induce a lucid dream in a few sentences without any fancy complicated techniques. It's just about motivation determination and patience and persistence.  And training yourself to question if you are dreaming while awake until you start to think about if you are dreaming in your dreams. The method is simple and obvious. The difficulty comes in maintaining the motivation necessary to persistently put enough energy and determination into the work to make it happen, especially to make it happen on a regular basis.

The only real benefit in getting involved in a course is that it might help someone with motivation...  Some people might be much more motivated if they are actually taking some kind of course than if they are doing it on their own. And motivation is a key factor.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:59:44 AM by Caradon »

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
I agree 1000% with everything you said, Caradon. Especially that it all boils down to motivation. If you want lucid dreaming bad enough you'll find out more about it and find a way to make it happen and there are more than enough free resources out there these days.