Author Topic: Dreamsigns  (Read 49 times)

Offline RoHS

• Comprehender
Dreamsigns
« on: May 24, 2020, 03:03:04 AM »
Dreamsigns - These are oddities in a dream that make it clear that this is a dream.

The book by Stephen Laberge has this description:

Signs of sleep are objects or events that are impossible or unbelievable in the waking world.

1. INTERNAL AWARENESS
You have a strange thought, a strong emotion, an unusual sensation, or your perception has changed. A thought can be unusual, from those that come to mind only in a dream, or from those that can magically affect the world of sleep. Emotion may seem inappropriate to you. You may experience paralysis, or “get out” of the body, or suddenly experience intense sexual arousal. Perception can be unusually clear or vague, or you can see or hear something that is not available to perception while awake.

2. ACTION (The action of the ego (your action), the action of others, the action of objects)
Any character in a dream (including inanimate objects and animals) does something unusual or impossible while awake. This should not be a thought or sensation of a sleeping person, but should be associated with a dream environment. An example of such signs of sleep is malfunctioning devices.

3.FORM
Your appearance, the appearance of other characters or surrounding objects is unusual, deformed or transformed. Unusual forms of clothing are also considered unusual clothing, hairstyle or the place where you are in a dream.

4. CIRCUMSTANCES
Strange are the place or situation in a dream. You are in strange circumstances or somewhere where you most likely have not been in real life. In addition, you or someone else is playing an unusual role. Feeling of inappropriateness of the environment; sleep events can occur in the past or in the future.

SCALE OF AWARENESS OF SIGNS OF SLEEP.
0 Nothing special: You noticed something strange only after you woke up.
1 Something strange: During sleep, you noted the strangeness of the sign, but did not try to explain it.
2 Half-Awareness: You noticed a strange detail in a dream and tried to explain it, but it did not lead to anything.
3 Awareness: You noticed a strange detail in a dream and based on this you concluded that you were sleeping.
4 Overconsciousness: By the time the symptom of sleep arose, you already knew that you were sleeping.

In my observations, I decided to highlight separately the specific signs of sleep, which helped me and other people to understand that this is a dream.
My Russian Forum of Lucid Dreams:
https://mirsnov.forum2x2.ru/forum

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Dreamsigns
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 03:15:42 AM »
Nice write up thank you. Yeah I think it's a good idea to make a point of them in your journal, sometimes I'm too lazy for that lol.  But especially of the are ones that pop up a lot. One problem for me is that everything in most of my dreams is an obvious dreamsign if I would just notice it. Something is always off. So it's a lot of listing of stuff, lol.

For me the best one is when I'm well focused my mind will find ways to get me airborne so I recognize the feeling of flying. But at lately I've been pretty rusty to always  recognize that one too, but getting better. Two of my last three lucids were recognized because of this happening, the last one was the tornado though. Tornados are good dreamsigns.

I'd say last night a good one for me that I missed during a work dream is working with a previous boss from a previous place of employment. I think it's a good idea when at work to try and make sure paying attention to what job you are at, and who you are working with.

Offline RoHS

• Comprehender
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:25:36 AM »
1. Местность. Locality.
This is the most common dreamsign. The locality in a dream is different from the real one. The location changes dramatically. You see the buildings that should not be here.

2. Полёт. Flight.
This is one of the most common  dreamsign. In a dream you fly up into the air and understand that it is a dream.

3. Небо.Sky.
All objects in the sky sometimes look strange. The moon, the sun, stars, clouds, airplanes, UFOs - anything that is in the sky.

4. Лифт. Lift.
It looks weird. Rides non-stop. Sometimes it turns sideways to the right or left, and not just up or down.

5. Внешний вид. Appearance.
The appearance of the character is quite unusual. Different clothes, hairstyle, body shape.
You find yourself without clothes.

6. Зеркало. Mirror.
The reflection in the mirror may vary. The mirror itself looks strange.

7. Лестница. Stairs.
The stairs in a dream look strange. Failing steps.

8. Автобус. Bus.
The bus looks weird. It is dissolved in air.

9. Туалет. Toilet
Looking for a toilet in a dream.
The toilet looks weird.

10. Животные. Animals.
You see in the apartment animals that you do not have in real life.
Wild animals. Strange animals.
Turn into other animals or objects.

These are the most common dreamsings that many people have. Have you seen these signs of dream in a dream?

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:38:52 AM »
Yeah, I get all of that stuff. The flight one for me though, oddly, is something that never happens unless I'm focused on inducing a lucid dream. Then something will happen to get me in the air so I recognize it.

Of course locations are always weird and messed up. :) And bathrooms, always either messed up dirty, or two many people in weird situation. Women in the mens bathroom or vice versa.

Okay, time for me to get to sleep, hopefully if no insomnia attacks again.  Getting close to 3:00am here. Maybe I'll start posting any major dreamsigns I have here in this thread from night to night when I have time to. I know it would help to remember to notice them If writing them down in this thread.

I used to be known for my animal  attack dreams... Animals of all kinds, but especially bears and lions. I've gotten lucid recognizing it a few times. But most of the time I don't. One time a bull broke through a fence and attacked me and I remembered to reality check because of it and got lucid. That was pretty cool.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 01:21:46 PM »
So far slept for three hours and dreamed of cliffs with a river and waterfalls below, and a vampire jumping from the cliffs. All of which is a dreamsign as there are no cliffs or river or falls of that type around me in reality, and no vampires either. :)

There is the Mississippi river not too far, and a narrow creek near me. But neither of those are anything like what was in my dreams.

Offline RoHS

• Comprehender
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 09:50:47 PM »
Today in a dream I saw a web page. Confessing such a dream is almost impossible. The letters on the site I saw normally. But now I can’t remember what was written there.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 03:53:05 PM »
I dreamed I was at a Christmas party. Something that will never happen again in reality. To add to the dreamsign I was enjoying myself, lol. If I happened to be at a Christmas party in reality I'd be bored silly and just wish I was home.

Offline RoHS

• Comprehender
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 09:22:13 PM »
I dreamed in a dream that I was at school. In real life, I finished it a long time ago. Also, in a dream, I left school and it turned out that I left the store in my house. In a dream, I did not pay attention to it.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 11:18:22 PM »
I still get school dreams every now and then.

I saw my dog running around the house happy and playful. I should be able to recognize that as a dreamsign one of these times.

Another fragment where there was a danger element. Should try to remember to RC anytime there is danger. I used to work on that one a lot as my dreams have often been filled with dangerous situations.

Offline RoHS

• Comprehender
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 11:50:40 PM »
Today I woke up many times and fell asleep at night. By morning, I realized that I was in my room in a dream. Further, I searched according to the plan of Elon Mask, but I never found him. I also tried to fall on my back - I couldn’t move anywhere. There was a strange effect - my legs themselves bent at the knees when I fell on my back.

Entirely I will not write this LD in my diary soon. While I insert my old LDs into the diary. Since the time of 2011.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 09:07:30 PM »
You can have more than one journal if you would like to have a place to post new dreams as you add your old ones. Entirely up to you. I was thinking about starting a lucid dream archive journal to put all of my old lucids in from an old journal but I don't if I want to go through the work of moving them all. Maybe I'll move some to my new lucid dream journal I don't know yet.

Dreamsigns: well last night my entire dream was pretty much a dreamsign. I was in a living labyrinth of confusing corridors and rooms.

Offline RoHS

• Comprehender
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 12:33:49 AM »
Good. I will then create a new magazine with modern LDs. I just found Ilona Mask today.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »
I had an animal attack dream. Major dreamsign for me. But didn't remember to reality check. Maybe the dream was influenced by reading some of my old journal and thinking about my animal attack dreams. I don't know. But kind of funny. A hippo an elephant and a lion chased me into my house and were together trying to break into my house to get at me. lol.

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 08:09:06 PM »
After a wake back to bed I was in a car in a dream that caught some air and was floating off the ground a little bit. I recognized the dreamsign and almost got lucid but I woke up before fully achieving lucidity. Just before I woke up I said to the person with me. "Maybe this really is a dream."  But I hadn't quite proven it to myself yet. And didn't get a chance to do a reality check. Bummer.