Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming Rituals During WBTB  (Read 12722 times)

Offline SStride

• Analyzer
  • LDS Alchemist
Re: Lucid Dreaming Rituals During WBTB
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 02:03:16 AM »
Dear Dr.T and Friends,

I tried that WBTB test last night. Over the course of an hour my alarm sounded every 3 minutes; I did an RC (looked at a digital clock) and wrote down my dream assignment (observe hands)  20 times. Only 100mg 5-HTP before bed. 20 RCs in an hour is not that hard, and after a while you begin to anticipate the alarm and doing the RC. The nice thing about the alarm is if you doze off, you get awakened again. No LDs, but I did notice my hands in the dream. The finger tips were bleeding after I touched some glass+metal fragments on a table. I'm going to try it again Tuesday morning.

Cheers,

Scot Stride
???????

Offline unseen wombat

• Evaluator
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 06:58:41 AM »
I have a ritual too. IDK how well it's worked, considering my terrible record of having lucids.

1. Wake
2. Go to kitchen and take whatever supplements I've chosen the night before. (Usually G+C+nicotine, or Ginseng+nicotine)
3. Go to living room and do a few exercises
4. Spend the rest of the hour goofing off on the internet
5. BTB with my binaural beats on my PSP
6. Try to WILD and fail, hope for a DILD.

Lucid tasks completed:
BAS: HA FL GG SO
INT: CP MF
ADV: OS VS TT DL LO

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Serenity

• Teacher's Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »
This is how I do my WBTB's, when I can do them. Although I think I could be doing more RC's, for sure... but for me, it was always a routine of

Wake up
RC on the way to the washroom
Reflect on any previous dreams and any dream signs I should have questioned. See myself questioning them (and RC to it).
Or if I did question something, then just seeing myself RC to it.
Sit on the couch and start making a plan for my LD goal. Create a set of steps (I think I got this idea from one of your youtube videos, Scot). Repeat it a few times in my head.
Back to bed with a "this is a dream" mantra, accompanied with a breathing relaxation technique.

This tended to produce some fantastic LD's, really focused ones. Usually, one of two things happen... I either do my RC in the dream... or I randomly just realize that it's a dream, and say my mantra out loud.

I now know why my LD's have been so unfocused lately. I haven't been able to do any WBTB's (night shift work right now, and I find trying to fall back to sleep when it's daytime very difficult, no matter how dark my room is, or how tired I am... it doesn't happen).
What would you do if you were dreaming right now?

Offline wild_dedication

• Analyzer
  • And the mystery of your rhythm is so feminine.
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 06:30:43 PM »
I can only have a LD from WBTB. Never have I had one that was not after 5-6 hours of sleep.

I get out of bed,
Sit on the couch
Read LD articles on my iPad for 30 minutes.
Go back to bed.

However, it takes me quite a long time to go back to sleep, which is sucky. But when I shorten my waking time I naver have a LD. So the melatonin could help that? I read to steer clear of that stuff when trying to LD. Do you take the G/C combo during wbtb or when you go to sleep at the begining of the night?
"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet."

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 09:42:30 PM »
I am firmly convinced that conscious concentration during WBTB is simply crucial to success.

Frankly, I haven't been doing that great lately. A bit of a dry spell really. But I know what my issue is. Distracted. Very distracted. Nothing bad per say. Just too much on my plate. I am not focusing well on lucid intentions and goals during WBTB.

So believe me, the opposite condition (concentration and focus) has the opposite effect (Lucids!)
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline Serenity

• Teacher's Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 06:20:35 AM »
I can only have a LD from WBTB. Never have I had one that was not after 5-6 hours of sleep.

I get out of bed,
Sit on the couch
Read LD articles on my iPad for 30 minutes.
Go back to bed.

However, it takes me quite a long time to go back to sleep, which is sucky. But when I shorten my waking time I naver have a LD. So the melatonin could help that? I read to steer clear of that stuff when trying to LD. Do you take the G/C combo during wbtb or when you go to sleep at the begining of the night?

For me, I take the g/c combo during the WBTB. Sometimes, if I'm having troubles falling back to sleep, I'll take a half-mg of melatonin. It's enough to make me feel drowsy, but not enough to kill REM.

I'm the same way, WD. I need to have a longer WBTB if I want to have a higher success rate of having a lucid dream. Though I can get them with short ones, the longer the WBTB, the better.
What would you do if you were dreaming right now?

Offline wild_dedication

• Analyzer
  • And the mystery of your rhythm is so feminine.
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »
For me, I take the g/c combo during the WBTB. Sometimes, if I'm having troubles falling back to sleep, I'll take a half-mg of melatonin. It's enough to make me feel drowsy, but not enough to kill REM.

Ahh ok thanks, I am exceed to try that. I put them on my christmas list lol.
"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet."

Offline Namaste

• Evaluator
  • Dreaming Daeva
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 08:07:16 AM »
I can see a set routine for WBTB would be very valuable and I will adopt this for sure :)
Total Lifetime LDs: 54
(53 DILDS 1 FILD - many of the DILDs have been induced by WBTB or FILD/WILD Attempts - or both)

Challenges completed
          Bas:  HA, FL, GG, SO
          Int:  CO, CP, MF, TK, DC
          Adv:  None yet (waaah!)