Author Topic: I'm Not Really Awake Lucid Dream - INRALD  (Read 13271 times)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: I'm Not Really Awake Lucid Dream - INRALD
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 09:55:34 PM »
No - certainly not done.  I've not been lucid since, and am more than anything waiting for others to think about/comment/share experiences with this one.

WILDing is a proven, viable technique.  No matter what ends up being proved out of this, it won't diminish the usefulness of the technique as it has been proved out over the years.

Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) presents a set of tools for analyzing things that work.  (NLP is often confused with the incredibly useful techniques that have emerged from from it, but the real heart of NLP is the methodology of analysis.)  What we're talking about here is using the NLP tenet of not assuming that everything in a recipe is important or necessary, and systematically working through the elements and variables to see what really matters and what doesn't.

So the questions remain, and an answer to one won't even come close to proving the second.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »
I had one of these a few days ago. Sat in bed for about 3-5 minutes before I realized I might be dreaming. This happens to me a lot.
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Super Duck

• Quack-quack!
  • Analyzer
  • Quack-quack!
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 02:45:13 PM »
The trick with this is to find an RC that won't disrupt (or have minimal effect on) the WILD, in case you're genuinely awake.

Offline Josh

• Technical Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • Seriously Facetious
    • Lunar Light
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 06:44:17 PM »
This is an extremely interesting concept. I've had long nights where I toss and turn and just can't get to sleep, and I'll 'know' I didn't sleep at all in the morning, but it will end with being woken up by either my alarm or my parents. What if that whole night of tossing and turning was just a dream triggered by the stress of expecting not to be able to get to sleep? It usually seems to happen on the nights I know I have to wake early the next morning for work, and am worrying that I won't get enough sleep, thus causing stress. If it's all just a stress dream...this could open up some huge opportunities for lucid dreaming for me, pj.

I'm going to put this to the test as soon as possible, as I always seem to have trouble getting to sleep. If all that time spent laying awake isn't really time spent laying awake...I'm going to have to drive up there and hug you in person when I get a car of my own!
"I've got to start listening to those quiet, nagging doubts." ~ Calvin

Hypoallergenic Hallucinogens -- Dreams Most Odd
Technical Guild | Creator's Guild

Offline Sean999

• Creator's Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Only in your dreams...
    • The Sound of My Universe
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »
Not exactly what pj is getting at, but I had a strange experience last night. Sometime during the night, I dreamt that I had a WILD. I was lying in bed, "awake", when I suddenly felt paralysis wash over me. Then some words appeared in my vision, telling me what to do. Like a WILD tutorial, either from here or DV or it could have been made up (which I think it was). Anyways, it felt exactly like a real WILD. I can't seem to remember what happened in the following lucid though. :(

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 09:36:13 PM »
That IS what I'm getting at - the notion that some (or maybe many) WILDs actually occur after we are already asleep.

The tutorial presentation was convenient!

--pj

Offline Sean999

• Creator's Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Only in your dreams...
    • The Sound of My Universe
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »
Oh I see, I thought you meant unsuccessful WILD's only.

And yes, it was very convenient, the words were outlined in a fiery purple. They helped me stay calm, and I remember them telling me to be passive about the whole thing.

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »
I had one sometime last year, nothing scary for me, but I know I wasn't doing anything to try to be lucid. 
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD:

Offline unseen wombat

• Evaluator
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »
I know I'm late coming to this thread, but man, I'm trippin' balls thinking about this. For a long time I wondered if the vibrations were the signal that I had fallen asleep. I have done failed RC's afterwards, but only a couple. If this is true, how do we know if anything is real? I usually spend about 40 minutes trying to WILD, then give up and turn to my side and fall asleep, but maybe I just dreamed that I failed and lost consciousness. I'm just not sure now.

Pic related, it's me thinking about this:
Lucid tasks completed:
BAS: HA FL GG SO
INT: CP MF
ADV: OS VS TT DL LO

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »
Woah.

The image really says it all.

'nuff said.

--pj

Offline Serenity

• Teacher's Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
Ooh, my first thread necro :D

I just experienced my first INRALD this morning, via false awakening. I was having a somewhat sleepless night last night, and waking up a lot, so initially, I didn't think much of it when I "awoke" from my last dream. A somewhat "interesting" ;) circumstance led me to think about the possibility that this was a false awakening. I did notice that, consciously, I felt different. Like the way my brain feels when I'm lucid... but I experience these "shifts" a lot when trying to WILD and I'm always awake (or so I thought :P).

This was a truly odd experience, because in all of my DILDs, there's always a certain way for me to tell that I'm dreaming, regardless of the reality check (which I don't often do, because I don't need to). That way is to check how my body feels. It generally feels a bit floaty or weightless, or even non-existant.

This morning, I had to truly debate whether I was lucid or awake. The shift in consciousness was leaning me towards being lucid. So I decided to get out of bed. It felt exactly as I would if I was awake. Even things in my room looked like it was in order. The only things that actually let me know that this was truly a dream was A) I could barely read my clock and B) I woke up for real to my alarm clock :P

Such a crazy experience, but I have some great notes and references for future WILDs now... it pisses me off to think of how many possible WILDs I've wasted because I thought they would be noticeably different!!

PS: I should've done a nose pinch or something to really prove it, but I forgot :( Will start doing this upon waking ASAP.
What would you do if you were dreaming right now?

Offline Pride

• Natural
  • Analyzer
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »
Really changes the way you perceive things, honestly you could be in a dream at any moment and not know it unless you checked.
Even right now when awake, it feels as if it could never be a dream but i've had this same feeling so many times when i had a INRALD

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »
I have INRALDS quite a bit. Here's a trick one can try.

When you're trying to LD and your not sure if you've transitioned or not, listen for odd or otherwise unreasonable sounds.

If you are expecting to hear them, you just might (e.g. radio left on in the other room, etc ...). Then voila ... lucid!
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline Serenity

• Teacher's Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 04:34:20 PM »
Oooh, good tip, thanks DrT :)
What would you do if you were dreaming right now?