Author Topic: Worry Induced Lucid Dream?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Worry Induced Lucid Dream?
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
I just spent a wonderful few days up in Amish country, doing one of the things I love best - framing up a new shed.

I have a long history of excellent lucidity our northern getaway.  I had a nice lucid my first night there - which, perhaps not coincidentally, was cold enough to justify lighting up our wood burner.

The place is heated with a very nice Earth Stove.  It is properly installed and very safe - but with the building consisting at its core of a pre-HUD mobile home, the thought of dying in a very rapid fire is always there.  These places are famous for being utterly consumed by flame in a matter of minutes.

So. . . when the wood stove is used at night, I worry about it.  I worry about it going out and waking up to a very cold house.  I worry about it running too cool and clogging up the catalyst.  And, of course, I worry about it overheating or having a chimney fire - which could easily kill me.

I lit the stove and had a subsequent dream about the thing overheating.  I realized this was a false awakening and went on to visit Dr. T's back yard - it was a good dream.

Looking back on my history of lucidity up there, it has almost always occurs during heating season!  And as I think back, the lucid dreams are usually false awakenings triggered by worry about that wood stove.

I'm wondering if this can be leveraged somehow?  What could be (safely) done that would cause enough worry to keep that corner of one's brain conscious?  I don't think Wood Stove In A Mobile Home Induced Lucid Dream (WSIAMHILD) would catch on, but there has to be some way of setting this up.

Perhaps it is no coincidence that one of our most prolific lucid dreamers here has in the past suffered from chronic anxiety.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
Re: Worry Induced Lucid Dream?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Clairity

• I'll See You In my Dreams...
  • Aegis Emeritus
  • Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:07:20 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if anxiety about a particular situation causes you to sleep lighter which is probably good for lucidity and for false awakenings.
Challenges completed:

Basic: HA, FL, SO, LM, LC
Intermediate: WW, CO, CP, MO, TK, MF, WA, EF, IA, DC
Advanced: TE, OS, GC, DL, LO, HP

Offline Gundam178

• Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 06:13:47 PM »
try this. when ever some thing you worry about actually happens. Do an RC. More then likely it will be a dream.