Author Topic: (FILD) Fear induced Lucid Dreams  (Read 4430 times)

Offline IndigoGhost

• ???????~StarMan*
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
  • ???~???????~???
Re: (FILD) Fear induced Lucid Dreams
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 03:15:30 AM »
So many ILD's, so little reason why.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7981/indistarsygoooooooooooo.png
????+ Spirulina +????+?????+????+ Lion' s??+ Probiotic Acidophilus?

Offline Pantomime

• Comprehender
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »
I remember when I was younger, about six to eight, I would have nightmares most nights, to the point where I would become afraid to go to sleep. I would remember nightmares vividly (don't most people?). I think the mechanism of fight-or-flight can help facilitate lucidity, it's a sudden shift in awareness, detaching the dreamer from much of the dream.

That general fear of dreams I had, I think led me to become lucid many nights as a child, though I think it could be hard to replicate that fear now I'm older.

Offline BigFan

• Analyzer
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 03:10:30 PM »
hmm, interesting that you mention this. In some of my LDs, I'll become lucid due to fear as in I'll trip and fall from the roof of a building, then somehow I'm lucid and standing on my feet near the building. I always thought of fear as one of my dreamsigns, however, I don't have many times IRL where I experience fear thus it becomes difficult to try to induce LDing using it. Also, I'm not exactly sure I would want to try and induce a dream where I experience fear all for the purpose of LDing because dreams affect one mentally and going to bed thinking of frighting things isn't my idea of fun :content:

Offline Kar

• Evaluator
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 05:38:41 PM »
Ohhey, this is how I learned to LD. It's not fun and it wasn't intentional but it sure is motivating.