Author Topic: What song are you listening to atm?  (Read 39075 times)

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: What song are you listening to atm?
« Reply #510 on: January 07, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »
Isn't it though?

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #511 on: January 16, 2021, 07:44:57 AM »
I've always liked this Canyon Trilogy. I first discovered it in the 90's when I was living in Colorado Springs. I went to visit an Indian cliff dwelling tourist area that was near the springs and they were playing this over loud speakers. I bought a copy  of it at the souvenir shop on cassette tape and often listened to it while back-packing and hiking in the mountains. I later bought a CD version which I still have loaded into my CD changer which is now obsolete thanks to the internet and everything being available for free.  (Think I still have the cassette somewhere too, actually.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdOSMpZ1_w

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
  • Lucid Dreams: 29
« Reply #512 on: January 19, 2021, 08:08:47 PM »
I was actually listening to some of the soundtrack from the Mandalorian. It's got a surreal feel to it.
2021 Lucid Dreams: 3

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #513 on: January 25, 2021, 07:53:31 PM »
Yeah I've listened to some of the Star Wars ambient they are pretty good.

I finally cancelled my premium supposedly "ad free" Youtube music subscription today. I didn't want to, was hoping they would get the glitches worked out. And there are times when I love it. But they are not fixing it, they are just scamming people charging for no ads and they still give you ads anyway. It will go for stretches of time with no ads, that's about the best you can hope for. 

And all attempts to contact customer support to see if they can fix the problem have been unsuccessful.

Edit: I get an email from Youtube. "Sorry to see you go! Just so you know you will lose your premium benefits January 29." Do they mean the benefit to pay for all the commercials I can have for free? 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 02:01:12 AM by Caradon »

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #514 on: January 26, 2021, 11:57:12 PM »
Well I think I solved my music issue. For the moment anyway.

I signed up for Tidal music which works well in conjunction with my Sony Xm4 noise cancelling headphones. The down side is that it's 20$ a month after the free one month trial. But I decided to check it out. It looks like they have a lot of the same meditational ambient stuff I like. Especially my favorite Flowers For Bodysnatchers playlist. I'll have to continue looking through their selection to see if they have enough that I want to keep it. But so far I like it!

I didn't really want to pay 20$ a month for a music service, but I decided to make up for the difference in cost by downgrading my Netflix subscription. I don't really need the most expensive streaming subscription Netflix has since I'm one person and not going to be watching Netflix on four devices at the same time lol. Also I don't have 4k so the standard two devices at 1080p shouldn't have any noticeable difference to me at all other than the lesser charge on my credit card. I'm not expecting to notice any change in picture quality.

With the downgraded  Netflix subscription the bill between Netflix and music will be about the same as it was with my youtube subscription. But now, all jarring stupid commercials about hair loss and weight loss and magic bracelets during music play that is supposedly ad free but isn't ad free at all, instantly gone, ziippo, none... Yay. 
« Last Edit: Today at 12:18:10 AM by Caradon »