Author Topic: The Podcast Cache  (Read 53 times)

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
The Podcast Cache
« on: December 20, 2019, 02:08:38 AM »
I've taken a liking to listening to podcasts. I rarely ever watch television shows so podcasts have become a large part of my life and I'm always looking for new ones to listen to. This thread is basically to cache podcast links.
Link away!

I've been listening to SerialPodcast.org
It tells one true story and analysis a real event. Season 1 is about the unsolved murder of Hae Min Lee.
Description from the site: Serial is a podcast from the creators of This American Life, hosted by Sarah Koenig. Serial tells one story — a true story — over the course of a season. Serial has won every major award for broadcasting.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
Re: The Podcast Cache
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »
Sounds like kind of a throwback to some of the NPR programming I used to listen to, will check it out.

If you're interested in something with a similar vibe, there's a podcast network called Radiotopia that produces a pretty broad variety of shows. I got clued into them through one of their more popular podcasts at 99percentinvisible.org. It's about "design in all its forms" from the ways some animals and plants have adapted to and thrived in human cities to the unexpected challenges of designing a college campus space for a population that communicates primarily through sign language. It's a show that's more focused on asking useful questions than giving the right answers, and they often have expert guest interviews with a very personal connection to the topic at hand. I don't follow every episode, but I check back now and again to see if there are any new topics or stories that catch my eye.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »
Nice! And there's so much to listen to 99percent invisible.

The podcast I spend my weekends with is Beyond the Darkness: https://www.podcastone.com/beyond-the-darkness
Enlightening & Entertaining discussions about all things Paranormal with world renowned researchers and experiencers, challenging everything we think we know about Ghosts, Ghouls, Angels, Demons, Aliens, Monster Encounters, Mysteries and Miracles.

They've been around for 13 years or so and I've got a lot of back listening to do. I'm even considering calling in a couple of my own encounters with unexplained phenomenon... doot dooo do do do.

Offline Wędajihs

• ~*Dusk Kind *~
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:23:21 PM »
One I listened to last night that I had not indulged in for a while, Startalk Radio. https://www.startalkradio.net/
Science, pop culture & comedy collide on StarTalk w/ astrophysicist & Hayden Planetarium director Neil deGrasse Tyson, comic co-hosts, celebrities & scientists.

Very deep and sciency discussions but also very funny.