Author Topic: Reality Check Moments  (Read 63725 times)

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
Re: Reality Check Moments
« Reply #885 on: February 12, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »
When I was driving home from the store this afternoon, I thought up a new kind of reality check, based on expectation. The roads near home are bendy and narrow, and I thought to myself "If a train comes around the next bend I'll know I'm dreaming." At first I thought maybe this was a dumb idea, but a couple of bends later, at a corner that I'm always really careful about, a big ol' truck came roaring around it, in the middle of the lane! I, of course being wary of that corner since it's blind and drivers around here tend to cut blind corners, was already slowing down and it was the guy in the truck who was more surprised than me. I then remembered my silly little idea from a moment before and had to do an RC.
 :chuckle:
Great idea of doing reality checks based on expectations. :goodjob: 
Beg and Bas: HA GG TR LM CL SO LC RS FL LW TD
Int: EF BI JR DC WH CT CW IA WA TA WT JT RA WW WF RA MF WF BO TK
Advanced: TT AN OB CS BH ST
Sea:
All tasks completed. Going through a second time.

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
« Reply #886 on: February 21, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »
Walking through a mall and heard this song and RCed many many times. Amazing how often he squeezed dream into the song. Dare ya to RC to every time he says dream or dreaming.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHr38NcFyts[/youtube]
The impossible is possible tonight. ~Smashing Pumpkins 
https://twitter.com/MortalMist/status/473630187901317120

Offline howitzer

• jATION the ©REATION
  • Evaluator
« Reply #887 on: March 30, 2015, 08:41:29 AM »
I woke up a little before 4:00 am, On Saturday. I decided to go put wood on the fire.
Opening the basement door I face directly at my neighbors house. (They are not morning people the best I can tell, moreover on the weekend) looking  out the window I saw my neighbor standing in the door. This was me very strange. My first thought was my clothing or lack of.
I scurried down the steps and did a RC. Peering around the corner, my neighbor was letting his dog out.
I laced back down thinking that was weird and wasn't that sleepy. I got on the iPad and played Words with friends game....
The word I played, lucid!

Thought sure I was dreaming that time.

I'll see it when I believe it.

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #888 on: May 05, 2015, 08:37:07 PM »
Watching kidlet #2 doing her final figure skating dance test. And her flubbing everything up.  The judge then asking her to do it solo.  Much better, but for sure she failed...

Finding out she PASSED?!!!!  Very major RC done!  (The judge later said she saw her practicing with the partner and KNEW she could do it well...)

Offline Boadicea

• Aspiring storm chaser!
  • Evaluator
  • Remember who the real enemy is
    • My blog: Mortal Drivel
« Reply #889 on: May 06, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »
Watching kidlet #2 doing her final figure skating dance test. And her flubbing everything up.  The judge then asking her to do it solo.  Much better, but for sure she failed...

Finding out she PASSED?!!!!  Very major RC done!  (The judge later said she saw her practicing with the partner and KNEW she could do it well...)

Wow! Nice to see you've got an understanding judge!
I have a YouTube channel: TorandoChaser!

What is better-to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
-Paarthurnax

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #890 on: May 06, 2015, 07:25:29 PM »
We were waiting behind this older gentleman (who must have been about 80 years old) at Aldis to buy groceries this morning, who after discussing all of the carrots we were buying, and how we were planning to make carrot juice out of them, he got ready to pay for his groceries, but was having trouble getting his dollar bills apart. The older gentleman, being somewhat of a comedian, told the cashier that he had just printed the dollars, and was having trouble with them sticking together. :chuckle:   So we had to do a reality check since we rarely run into an older gentleman like this with such a great sense of humor.
Sea:

Offline Shellidfl

• Evaluator
« Reply #891 on: May 28, 2015, 04:10:01 PM »
This morning I was trying on a summer dress.  It's white.  As I had already put on my underclothes, I put on a pair of white panties overtop my other darker ones to see if one can notice the underclothes.  I looked in the mirror and determined that white underclothes is the way to go.  I then put on something else, and went to work...

After getting to the office, I went to get a coffee and use the loo.  RC moment - having 2 pairs of panties on still!  :-[

Offline Shellidfl

• Evaluator
« Reply #892 on: December 06, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »
So a couple nights ago, older puppy decided to take off.  Big newf puppy stays home.  Hubby is at work for 3 nights.  We have a wood stove that mostly keeps the house warm.  I filled it, then locked the deck door.

Silly me, goes out with the Newf through the deck door to check to see if older puppy has returned.  Nope, so I go to open the door - it's friggin' locked!  And so are the other two doors to the house.  I go get the key that Hubby tells me opens the lower door.  Oh, it does, but apparently not the dead bolt on it!

So me and the newf wander around at 1030 at night.  Thankful for global warming, it's not -15 and blowing snow!  I keep trying windows that I know are locked, trying to see if any happen to have been left unlocked, but am sure that Hubby has been his usual efficient self, and locked them all!

All this time, I keep thinking, "Am I dreaming, because this WOULD be a dream!"  Alas, it wasn't.  About 15 minutes in, I'm seriously thinking of breaking a window.  Or figuring which neighbours house to go to, realizing that I don't really know each one that well yet.  I've already tried to force the one door open (and likely frigged up the turning mechanism inside).  I decide to see if the old sliding windows will work.  I try one, knowing that both have sticks in place to prevent just this sort of thing.  Of course there's no movement.  The other gives a slight bit, but not enough.  Finally, thinking of getting a rock, I think that these windows are meant to be removed for washing.  Lo', I'm in!

And the only thing worse that COULD have happened, as I did not have my phone or car keys with me, is if I had showered first.  Then I'd have been out there, wandering around in my sandals...  Crawling through that window with an 8 month newf at my rare would have been very bad.  Or having to go to the neighbour's in my sandals... :o

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #893 on: December 06, 2015, 08:48:53 PM »
Silly me, goes out with the Newf through the deck door to check to see if older puppy has returned.  Nope, so I go to open the door - it's friggin' locked!  And so are the other two doors to the house.  I go get the key that Hubby tells me opens the lower door.  Oh, it does, but apparently not the dead bolt on it!
You need the kind of combination locks that iadr just installed on all of his doors so you never have to worry about taking a key with you. Just put in the combination, and you're in.
Sea:

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #894 on: December 08, 2015, 07:44:46 PM »
You need the kind of combination locks that iadr just installed on all of his doors so you never have to worry about taking a key with you. Just put in the combination, and you're in.

Great idea!
In the secret space of dreams
Where I dreaming lay amazed
When the secrets all are told
And the petals all unfold
When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me.
-- from Attics of My Life, by Robert Hunter

Offline Shellidfl

• Evaluator
« Reply #895 on: December 29, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »

We changed the handle and the new one cannot lock on the outside only.  And have new keys dispersed just in case...

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #896 on: December 30, 2015, 10:25:58 PM »
The move to our new house, in addition to all of the people in and out repairing things seems to have stressed one of our cats out, as he disappeared for about 10 days. And this was after having disappeared all day one day, and then coming back late that night all wet, as he seems to have fallen in the canal at the back of the field behind our house.

So when he didn't show up by the next night, we just knew he was gone, and especially after not showing up for about 10 days.

And then right out of the blue he shows up, hungry as he can be with a look on his face like "Hi, I'm back. Did you miss me?"

Still seems like a dream, but we're just glad he's back, because he's one of our favorite cats, as he's the only one that comes up and rubs against our legs all the time.

The wife thinks he was inside the walls of our house, as one of the walls had been taken down to repair the washer and dryer hookups, and she kept hearing something
in her bedroom wall moving around from time to time.

But 10 days would be an awful long time to go without eating or drinking, so we're thinking that he may have been out somewhere where he got befriended by someone
who was feeding him. Guess we'll never know. If only cats could talk.
Sea:

Offline Shellidfl

• Evaluator
« Reply #897 on: January 05, 2016, 05:30:13 PM »
Many years ago (and 2 houses ago), we had a Leonberger - rather large dog.  He was an absolute sweet heart. 

He went missing, and we thought the worst.  We lived on 140 acres, and he never wandered. 

7 days later, the day after I told Kidlet #1 (who was still quite young) that Beau was gone, we are outside.  I look across the field at the neighbour's house, about 700 yards away, and there's their German Shepard playing with Beau!  I could NOT believe my eyes, and ran over (on the road) and called him.  The vet figured he had a stroke (second one only, possibly due to rodent poison), couldn't get up, and then finally recouperated! If I knew about RC's then, that would have been a BIG one!

Glad your cat came back the very next...... 10 days ;)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #898 on: June 29, 2019, 08:35:47 PM »
I'm bumping up this thread because I want to start using it again. I think it should be in lucid aids because this thread can make you think about it in a dream and be an aid to lucidity.

Today I stopped at Walmart on my way home and saw something strange. Made me go WTF. As I was looking is it confused it seemed very surreal and dreamlike so I did an RC for it.

There was this rack of what looked like women's underwear. And the entire rack was place in a kids plastic pool. The pool was dry, but scattered about in the pool were frisbees. It seemed so weird to me I was staring at it trying to figure out why a rack of women's underwear was standing in a kids pool full of frisbees.

I thought it was so strange that I went as far as asked someone that worked there when I walked bythem what was going on with that. They expained it was actually swm suits not underwear. Still seems odd, but makes more sense why it would be in a pool full of frisbees lol. Next time I walked by it  I looked at it again, still looked like underwear to me lol.

Then I go to wlagreens and see a shelf with Pringles on it. The label of the pringles can says. "Mysery Flavor" Ha ha ha. I'm like WTF. Mystery flavor?  I have  to buy a can of these mystery flavor pringles. I guess their ploy worked to sell a can. It tasted like a kind of smokey cheddar bacon flavor. It was alright but not one I would have chosen. I would normally go for either original or cheddar.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #899 on: July 01, 2019, 11:07:22 AM »
Driving to work after being off last week.  I had just put my watch on, it beeped for my hourly RC.  I look at the time to confirm a real time.  As I look back at the road, a coyote runs within 10 feet of me in front.  Had I been in the right hand lane, I would have hit it.

Lesson - don't look at watch while driving 100 klicks/hour. :rolleyes:

That's Pretty cool. Looks like the zombie apocalypse. Speaking of which I have an episode of "Fear The Walking Dead" to watch from last night.