Author Topic: Reality Check Moments  (Read 64907 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Reality Check Moments
« Reply #930 on: May 30, 2020, 05:11:52 AM »
Well based on the email I just got from the work place it's possible it might end up being longer than another month.

Yesterday morning I went to Walmart. And as I pull into the parking area I see there is some kind of crazy helicopter pilot low flying and swooping all around the parking lot in a helicopter. And one point he dive bombed right towards the Walmart building and for a second I thought he was going to slam the helicopter in the Walmart but the helicopter pulls up just before hitting the building swooping up over the roof. Then for a moment looks like he is trying to land on the roof of the building. Then swoops away and continues swooping all around the parking lot some more. To add to how surreal it was I had just finished watching the United93 movie on Netflix about the 911 plane hijackings. So seeing a crazy pilot could easily be a dream influenced by watching the movie.

Another reality check moment based on something I was watching on Netflix. I watched the first two episodes of World War 2 in HD. And first thing I see when I turn on my computer today is an article about someone that is  out walking  and stumbles upon a plane from World War 2 crashed on a beach that apparently somehow had never been found before. Coincidences like that are so strange. Would have been even  more surreal had I been the one to find the plane after watching the show lol. Can you imagine? I'd be freaking out how weird that would feel. Just watch a show about world war 2 and go for a walk and find a crashed world war 2 plane.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #931 on: June 02, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
A crack of thunder so loud it shook the house hard enough to knock a picture in a picture frame hanging from nail on the wall off the wall and crashing to the floor, knocking over a couple of other things in the process.

A damn vine on my window again. I don't know how it keeps getting there since I never see it move ha ha. I keep yanking it down and away from the outside wall even. It doesn't move it just lays there. But all of a sudden, there it is again, back up on the window...  Like it just lays there waiting for me to not be looking at it and then climbs back up the wall onto the window.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #932 on: June 04, 2020, 01:35:59 PM »
I open my browser and see a headline. "White house reveals results of trumps annual physical."   
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:45:29 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #933 on: June 04, 2020, 05:15:13 PM »
Just sitting here on my little cabin like porch with all the windows open. A deer suddenly appears outside my window not more than a few feet away from where I'm sitting not noticing me sitting here. The deer hangs out for a little bit then causally wanders off into the trees. It's not uncommon to see deer out here but still reality check worthy moment. Don't often see them that close up as it was literally right outside my window standing a couple feet away from me.

Now, if any bears or lions show up... Actually, last summer there was a black bear reported running around by the gas station down the street and no one knew where it ran off to. I never thought there was a real possibility of seeing a bear In my back yard but if there could be one running around by the gas station there definitely could be one in my yard as the woods behind my house connect to the train tracks which go through the park preserve. But never thought there would be any bears  around here or even in that particular park preserve as it's still near and surrounded by city. Other than for the train tracks that go cross country I guess...

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
  • Lucid Dreams: 23
« Reply #934 on: June 05, 2020, 11:52:07 PM »
Are wild animals roaming around more openly in your area, like reports from around the world. Less people, more wildlife fills the spaces?

Someone was driving around shooting off fireworks from their car. Reality check. I'm not dreaming. Damn my neighbourhood sucks. lol

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #935 on: June 06, 2020, 04:13:05 PM »
Lol. I was hearing some loud bangs from fireworks.

I've not been out much just this week started hanging out on the porch with all the windows open. Plenty of wildlife out here. Saw an entire pack of squirrels running around and playing in the yard yesterday. They looked like they were having a blast. Running all over leaping through branches chasing each other around in a playful way not in a fighting way. I don't remember ever seeing so many of them playing together like that before. I counted at least eight of them could have been more. Hard to count when they are moving around so much. I always hear crashing through the woods at night. I always imagine it must be zombies out there. But probably deer. Could be all manner of things though. Foxes raccoons even coyote's. For a couple of summers there was a fox nesting under a falling tree along the yard having babies. So there were foxes running all over the yard at night. I wasn't too happy about that with my little dog here. But I was really careful about it and nothing bad happened.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:21:25 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #936 on: June 09, 2020, 03:25:15 PM »
I saw a deer again this morning outside my window. This time with a cute little baby deer following it around. The timing was interesting as I had just opened my blinds and windows not five minutes previous to their appearance.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #937 on: June 09, 2020, 08:02:45 PM »
On Youtube I came across this page that said live stream piano. I'm watching it and it's just an awesome and beautiful piano playing. All you see is two hands playing a piano that is glowing with green colored lights.  I didn't think it was an actual live person playing just thought it was a live stream recording kind of like Metallica does with their concerts.

So I say in the chat. "Can you please play row your boat and twinkle little star?" Nothing happens so assuming it's recorded. So I type into the chat. "I would freak if the hands started playing twinkle little star all of a sudden then I would know it's real live hands playing." All of a sudden the hands start playing the most amazing and beautiful version of twinkle little star I ever heard ha ha ha ha. I couldn't believe it lol.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:12:32 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #938 on: June 11, 2020, 02:34:11 PM »
On Sunday night. (I had skipped recording dreams from that night) But Sunday night I had a rather mundane dream that this guy I know named Rick that in reality helps my step dad with cheap work on his rental properties. He has helped me with some plumbing work here. In my dream he showed up at my place to help work on some plumbing. Which I don't actually need right now. But last time he was here in reality he helped me put in a new faucet in my kitchen. 

But anyways it was a rather mundane dream and I didn't feel like recording so I didn't. That day, though, after the dream (Monday) I was thinking about Rick. And I was wondering how much longer he might be alive to help my step dad. The reason I was thinking about that is because the guy has been a hard core drug user every since I've known of him, and he is older than I am. I'm almost 50 now. Rick has always been addicted to heroin and a meth head and probably doing every other dug under the sun. So I was just wondering if he would end up killing himself with all the drugs sometime in the near future.

So I was talking with my step dad last night and he mentions that Rick died. I'm thinking what? He says yeah a couple of days ago. I was like  whoa that's weird because I was just thinking about Rick a couple of days ago and wondering how much  longer he would be alive. Then I remembered the whole reason I was thinking about him is because he was in my dream. So looked in my journal to see what night that was I had the dream. So I tell my step dad that I was thinking about Rick on Monday because Sunday night I had a dream that he was here working on my plumbing. My step dad tells me Rick died Sunday night...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:49:40 PM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #939 on: June 18, 2020, 02:17:04 PM »
I saw a big black ant crawling across my floor. I crouched over to get a closer look at it and the ant stood up on it's hind legs and looked up at me and waved. Well, it looked like it waved anyways, with it's little ant arms lol.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #940 on: June 21, 2020, 04:37:32 PM »
The Rick thing, wow! And the ant thing, cute. Did you wave back?

Offline Alex Lou

• the scattered
  • Evaluator
  • Inaccurate Count
« Reply #941 on: June 21, 2020, 06:37:33 PM »
Well I got an email about a reply in this thread which hasn't happened in years.  That's certainly a good reason to reality check. Then the site formatting went all wacky once I logged in.  Another good reason to reality check!

I haven't pot much thought into lucid dreaming in a looong time.  Bet I lucid dream tonight after the reminder!

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #942 on: June 23, 2020, 03:39:59 PM »
Yeah the Rick thing freaked me out. It's too bad  he was an okay guy and skilled in many kinds of repairs just messed his life up with drugs. If it wasn't for the drugs he could have been doing great for himself and making a lot of money with his mechanical skills. Yeah the ant lol. Weird how it actually stood up and looked up at at my face. I didn't know they were that aware...

Alex Lou, was it one of the old threads I posted in recently?  Lately I've been glancing at the who is online now and then because it's interesting to see what all the guests are looking at. In doing so I find some old interesting threads to read and I think I posted in a couple of them. Maybe one that you started so you got a notification maybe? I don't remember, just speculating. :)

Offline Alex Lou

• the scattered
  • Evaluator
  • Inaccurate Count
« Reply #943 on: June 24, 2020, 03:10:38 AM »
I got an email about the last reply in this thread. But there are other recent replies. So I don't know why that one.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #944 on: June 24, 2020, 11:32:46 PM »
I had a conversation with a juvenile robin today. It was sitting on my window sill. Every time I asked it a question it peeped at me as if answering. Not necessarily a reality check moment for me but might have been for someone who witnessed it.