Author Topic: Reality Check Moments  (Read 64910 times)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Reality Check Moments
« Reply #915 on: December 23, 2019, 11:28:21 AM »
Crap, I just woke up from a dream where something weird was happening that made me think about this thread and that I was going to describe it here when I got home. But stupid me forgot to actually do the RC. Oh well, it happens. Maybe next time. At least I was thinking about the thread in the dream as was the plan...

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
  • Lucid Dreams: 23
« Reply #916 on: December 24, 2019, 08:35:14 AM »
Went to the hospital last night to get my ever reddening eye checked out. As I sat in the waiting room someone walked past humming a song that sounded very familiar. It took a bit but I reasoned out that the snatch of song I'd caught was In Dreams by Roy Orbison. I'm about 60% sure it was. I found myself humming the song off and on the the rest of the night. I don't entirely know the lyrics. And yes, I reality checked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Jz3VW7rYk

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #917 on: December 25, 2019, 07:53:16 AM »
Right now I'm so grossed out I've been up all night feeling like an OCD cleaning freak. Cleaning and scrubbing every little thing that seems even slightly dirty at my place because I can't get clean enough... And I just had to take a shower and scrub myself too... I think I'm going to have nightmares about dirty nasty rotting places.

My step dad took off to Mexico for the winter a couple of weeks ago. He sent me a text asking me to get something from his place with some info that he needed. So I went into his place it's so horrible I couldn't believe it. He doesn't wash his dishes he doesn't wipe off his counters he doesn't wipe off his stove or clean his bathroom. Clutter and garbage everywhere like a hoarder. The floors everything is disgusting and rotting like a scene out of some kind of awful horror movie. Flyinging insects thriving and swarming all over. Bugs crawling all over his toilet.

His sink full of rotting soaking dishes. I went to dump out the water in them so they wouldn't rot so bad and when I did a swarm of insects came flying out of the sink at me. I wanted to fing puke. OMG. Maybe the most disturbing thing of all. Instead of cleaning up all the rot and filth that is spawning all these insects in his place, he just puts up some frigging fly paper like he thinks that is going to do something about the bugs... WTF.

I've been texting him all night giving him so much shit about his disgusting nasty living conditions. And he left it that way to just sit and rot for the entire winter with his refrigerator full of rotting food too. 

He sends me a text saying his daughter is going to go there and spend a couple of hours cleaning if it's really as bad as I say it is. If It's as bad as I say it is!? WTF is he talking about... He is the one that has been living in that disgusting filth and leaving everything rotting and put up the fly paper because he can see the bugs everywhere.  And he says if it is as bad as I say it is!? WTF.  I'm so grossed out.

I told him if he can't clean up after himself he needs to hire professionals to clean up after him or the place needs to be boarded up and condemned. I'm not ever going to do it for him. I'm never going in there again. And he even had someone staying with him all summer sitting in that shit hole with him and not lifting a damn finger to help him even wipe something off or clean anything.

If I had a choice between spending a night in there, or sleeping in a snow bank I'd take the snow bank...

I sent him a text. "As bad as I say it is?" You have been the one living in that filth. You can't see what your counters look like? Your stove looks like? your floors look like? Your refrigerator? You are the one that put up the fly paper because of all the damn bugs. Where  the hell do you think all the bugs are coming from?" Gah… lol. I'm so disturbed." And he is not so old that he can not pick up a damn wash cloth and clean something. He just rather sit and watch football in the middle of a pile of rotting shit and flying insects than ever clean anything.   

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 08:14:00 AM by Caradon »

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #918 on: December 26, 2019, 01:07:31 PM »
I'm sorry you had to experience something that horrible. I feel your pain. I rented out my upstairs to someone a few years ago and when she moved out I had to clean out the nightmare of trash and filth she left behind. I don't understand how some people can live like that but I do understand there is usually some kind of mental issue behind it. He likely needs more help than just having professional cleaners to help him maintain a healthy home. That being said, I do believe a person's home is a reflection of their mental state, in most cases.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #919 on: December 29, 2019, 07:18:10 AM »
Yuck... At least it motivated me to make my place extra clean lol..

I think he is just a combination of lazy, no sense whatsoever of cleanliness. No sense or caring of having a feeling of being in a pleasant relaxing atmosphere...

I don't have a very good frame of mind either but I'm all about the atmosphere. When I'm alone in my living space is when I'm most happy. (In an odd way sometimes more depressed because I don't want to have to leave it and I know I do and that is very depressing  lol.)

But I like to just enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of my place. And the way I have everything is to add to that cozy relaxing feeling. I think that is the kind of thing he has no comprehension of. Maybe similar to the way a sociopath has no understanding or comprehension of empathy towards others. His brain just has no comprehension of enjoying the atmosphere of something. He has even commented about camp fires and fireplaces. That he has no understanding of why someone would make a fire just to sit and enjoy it. If you are not using it to cook or something, what's the point? I actually feel sorry for someone like that. They are missing out on being able to experience a wonderful feeling.

I wouldn't be able to experience any kind of relaxing enjoyment kicking back and watching TV in a pile of garbage and rotten food and flying bugs... lol.

I had a really scary reality check moment yesterday when I got to work. I had to call 911 for the first time in my life and hopefully the last. I thought my 60 year old boss was going to die for a minute. It had been raining over night and froze. Everything outside was slicker than an ice skating rink. He had gotten there just before I did. And he was stupidly out on the ice with a shovel and bucket of salt. He is very uncoordinated and doesn't walk well. It was difficult for me walking out there and I have very good balance and coordination.

I saw his feet go out from under him and he fell backwards like a felled tree and the back of his head hit the pavement with full force. And he was laying there not moving. I called his name and no response. When I got to him he was unconscious. He woke up with a freaky confused look in his eyes, and moaning. He had no memory of why he was there or what he was doing. I called 911 right away.
Thankfully they got there quick as the sheriffs office is only maybe a mile down the road at most. They took him to the hospital.

Sounds like he is going to be okay, thankfully, concussion. Hopefully there is no lasting damage to his brain. He could have been killed slamming his head into the ground that hard. I thought maybe he was killed at first, scared the shit out of me. He is a really great guy (Probably too nice a lot of the times) and one of the best people I've ever had as a boss. Hate to see something like that happen to him.

It's been raining all night. Hopefully it's too warm out to be a frozen ice skating rink everywhere like yesterday was.   

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:29:45 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #920 on: December 30, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
On two different occasions when I was at work yesterday I looked at my watch to do an RC and the face of the watch was completely blank. The battery is starting to go dead I guess. After pushing some  buttons on the side I got some weird looking numbers and then the numbers came back.  Even though I knew I wasn't dreaming I kept doing RC's until I could prove it wasn't. I hate having those moments n dreams when you are doing an RC but so sure you are not dreaming that you don't believe what the RC is telling you. And you wake up going, gah!

Hopefully the low battery experience doesn't mess me up the next time I do it in a dream, thinking it's just a low battery which I know it easily could happen.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #921 on: January 09, 2020, 11:46:42 PM »
Electronics are tricky in dreams and in woke life, at least for me. Hope it keep on working for you despite the battery thing.

The full-ish moon peeked out from a kind of eye shaped slit in the clouds. The moon looked like a glowing white eyeball glaring coldly down at me for a few seconds. I asserted my dominance by staring back without blinking. Actually, I just stood there staring without blinking but in a stupefied fashion, no dominance about it. 
:shock2:

Only after the clouds covered the moon again did I think to reality check.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #922 on: January 24, 2020, 11:20:30 PM »
Me and a friend were at the hospital today. We needed to go to the bathroom and found one that was out of the way of the regular run of traffic. We went in and there were two stalls. Instead of the toilets facing toward the door, they sat sideways and were facing each other (with a wall between the stalls of course). The doors of the stall were to the side instead of in front of us. It was so weird. My friend said, "We're facing each other as we pee... this feels weird." I said, "Yeah it does. Toilets facing the wrong way, doors to the side, like something out of one of my messed up bathroom dreams. We better reality check." I reality checked and found that I was not dreaming. My friend said, "Nope. We're awake."

I wonder what someone would have thought if they walked in on that conversation.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #923 on: March 20, 2020, 04:17:43 AM »
That is weird.

Yesterday I woke up and glanced over at my phone and I swear I thought it said 9:00 something am. I got up thinking it was morning and that I had just slept a couple hours because the sun was just starting to come up when I went to sleep. And it was cloudy and rainy out so couldn't really tell from the sunshine if it seemed later in the day or not.

I must have spent an hour or more believing it was 9:00 10:00 ish am. Then wondering what the time was all of a sudden I look at my watch to see it says 3:00 something PM. And I was so sure it was still morning I didn't even believe it. I was sure that I must have somehow triggered the time set button on my watch and messed up the set time. So I go to look at my phone again to find out what time it really is and very surprised to see my phone says it's almost 4:00pm. lol.

Weird to be so disconnected from time thinking it's morning when it's really late afternoon, going into evening.

Also very weird and surreal feeling that time is completely irrelevant. Since I don't have to be anywhere at any time for I don't how long. And I don't even need to know the time to watch a TV show since I have no cable or regular TV. Just Netflix which of course has no scheduled programing, just click and watch whatever you feel like whenever you feel like.

If it was under better circumstances I would absolutely love being so disconnected.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:32:06 AM by Caradon »

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #924 on: April 02, 2020, 10:47:12 PM »
I read an article today saying some crazy train conductor or whatever you call them tried to drive a train into one of the hospital ships to try and do something about the so called government take over.

Admittedly I don't know much about train business but I'm thinking WTF how does one ram a ship with a train? Just happens to be some tracks that dead end at the ocean, just happens to be one of these hospital ships docked in front the dead end tracks. And just happens to be a crazy train conductor to try and drive the train into it. What are the odds of that? lol. Well luckily sounds like no one got hurt. He wasn't able to actually hit the ship, and I think he was the only one on the train. He just ended up crashing the train into the ground.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #925 on: April 05, 2020, 11:11:35 PM »
I was looking through photos on my computer and I see this thumbnail that says snowy memories made just for you. And in the thumbnail I see kind of a slide show of photos I had taken of winter scenes mostly around the house after snow storms. Curious I click on the thumbnail and a music video starts playing and the winter phots I had taken start changing in time with the music.

I'm like what the fuck? lol. My computer, randomly, all on it's own, just made a music video out of a select themed group of photos I had uploaded? I never saw that happen before... And I had no idea it could do that. Weird.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #926 on: April 06, 2020, 07:39:48 AM »
Skynet!

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #927 on: May 24, 2020, 01:34:45 PM »
I tried the read out loud function on my newest computer for the first time and my computer has a sexy female voice with an accent that makes it sound like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. It surprised me because when I tried it on my old computer not that long ago, it was just a bland robot voice.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #928 on: May 25, 2020, 04:28:28 PM »
I looked in the mirror and notice I had a beard...

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #929 on: May 28, 2020, 09:54:18 AM »
When you feel kind of sad that you probably only have about a month of vacation left lol. When any time previously getting a three or four day weekend was something to be excited about.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:03:17 AM by Caradon »