Author Topic: Through a Nocturnal Veil  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Emerald Wolf

• *Slept through the Apocalypse*
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • Bittersweet is still Sweet
Re: Through a Nocturnal Veil
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 04:40:36 PM »
Edit: Hooray for page two with almost continual recall (next step: eliminating fragements)

(25 July)
Crooked Accountant

I am sitting down at a diningroom table watching Natalie from the T.V show "Monk" doing a trial balance of her finances while a french accountant checks her work. Everything seems to balance at the end but then she discovers that they left out one piece of information meaning that they must have made a mistake somewhere else as taking it into account would result in an imbalance.
The french guy take on a more sinister character and is now threatening me into signing a lot of blank cheques. At first I pretend to do as he says while making intentional mistakes to render the signature invalid but when I get the chance I lunge at hime and start beating him senseless.

Pirate Marbles
I am on a pirate ship that is being run by two other pirates and their captain. We discuss whether or not the captain is hiding something from us. Sneaking into his room I find a chest filled with gold and jewels but leave it where it is to see if the captain will tell us about it later on.
Later we are on share somewhere and I ask the captain if we will be looking for any treasure sometime soon but he suggests we play a game of marbles instead. The marbles are very shiny colours of blue, white and red but I can't tell if they are made from any precious stones.
Bas: -
Int: MO, CO
Adv: -

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
Of course without adhering to a more rigid sleep cycle fragments will happen.

Fragments
1) I am in a dim, sandy mine with mazelike passages. After some exploration I eventually discover a childrens' playroom and ask the people in charge of it why they would have such a room this deep in the mine where it is difficult to reach.

2) I am in the kitchen of my previous home where there are strange, bright neon pillars in segments of red, green and blue next to the stove. I spend some time rearranging them. My mother is also in the kitchen.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »

Fragment
I have come into the possession of an impressive sportscar and race it down various stretches of road, some of them dusty tracks of dirt and some containing ramps that cause the car to jump.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
Still here... still posting. Need to get out of my own thread again sometime though.

Fragment (28 July)
I am in the auditorium of my old school which is flooded a bit so that it feels like a bath house and divided into separate sections by office partitions. The reason for my being here is to complete a series of mathematical workbooks, as are the other people whose implied presence I find evidence of. It feels like I have been in the venue for a number of days.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 04:11:42 PM »
Maybe I should do fragments in a different colour. Wonder what would work with the blue and red scheme though?

Fragments
1) I am at a British prisoner-of-war camp sometime during the first World War. There are two Germans digging holes despondantly while two British offices look on. I talk to the officers for a bit

2) I am at some kind of resort or guest lodge where I run around in an energetic manner, making a fool of myself. M and M2 are staying there as well

3) I am at home (though not a WL version) standing around outside when M2 shows up. The surroundings are quite nice (there is a distinct feeling of autumn trees around) and I start a pleasant conversation with her.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »
I can't recall ever noticing hypnogogic imagery but on occasion I will find myself hearing very vivid and responsive music playing in my mind as I lay in bed. Its kind of disappointing not being able to induce this at will though.

Fragments (30 June)
1) I am partially awake and experiance hypnogogic music. It is a beautifuly light melody similar in style to music performed on harps.

2) I am in an unfamiliar house with some of my family aw well as a few of their friends celebrating Christmass. We are handing out presents from under the tree and I admire the beauty of one which turns out to be a box / incense holder combination.

[No recall for 1 July]

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 02:13:25 PM »

Religious Reaction?
I am at my younger sister's Christian oriented dance and music course [She's taking the year off before studying to do this]. It feels like being at university with various buildings separated by open lawns. There are some sprinklers on as I am walking around and with hand gestures I will them to stop or alter their behaviour. I wonder to myself if these religious people will be outraged over my ability to do godlike things and find myself getting angry over how hypocritical they tend to be.
I now have a desire to leave this place and enter a nearby open doorway. Inside everything is covered with frost and further progress seems to be in a downward direction.

Fragments
1) I am flying around an enclosed courtyard firing an alien weapon at monsters that seem to have come from the "Half-life" series of games. I find that being airborn makes it easier to avoid enemy fire but also makes aiming at things harder for me as well.

2) I am with my elder sister near a large body of water and I show off my new shoes that let me run on water.

3)I am in a fairly slow roller coaster that follows a path leading over a resturant and it feels like the tracks are suspended in midair.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »

Fragments (3 July)
1) I am sitting down at a table with my elder sister, celebrating her birthday. Some of my old school friends are there including M. I introduce M by saying that she used to be my friend which results in a negative emotional reaction for me. [Kinda stupid of me. If I had approached the situation with a more optimistic expectation things would probably have gone better]

2) I am stuck in a circular room, possibly at the top of a tower where I have become trapped by the demonic hounds that have been chasing me. In the morning my aunt W finds me and asks me about some of the doglike carcasses she has found lying around, which suggests that I managed to kill some of them during the night.

3) I am in the lobby of a hotel at night with some other people where creepy paranormal things are happening. At some point an evil Japanese girl attacks us with a knife and at first I try to hide before attempting to escape the hotel.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »
Drop in recall for the next few days can be attributed to zealous overgaming in a desire to complete Ultima Underworld before my holidays ended (An addiction I admit... but at least it was fun).

Fragments (4 July)
1) Flying through tunnels / spaces that have child-themed patterns
2) Trying to play something on a gameboy-like device

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »

Fragment (5 July)
Someone finds the skull of a murder victim filled with popcorn. The skull is chared.

6 July: No recall.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »

Fragment (7 July)
I am alone with my mother at home during the night reading about the history of movies in an encyclopedia type book. There is an entr which suggests that the first clip was a cartoon of a dinosaur done in a line drawing style. Later we walk through the house checking that all the doors are locked and the dog starts barking so we urge her to stay quite.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »

Old Hat
I am walking down a street when I spot K (an old school associate) lying unconscious on the ground at the end of it. I go over to her out of concern and realize that M is with me as well. Lifting K up, I put her in a nearby box thinking that this will help her in some way, but the box is a little cramped and contorts her body in an unpleasant looking way. M seems to question the use of what I am doing. I notice that K is wearing a beat up old tophat which excites my sense of curiosity, so putting it on I discover that it is a partially sentient object that has the ability to magically collect money that is lying around nearby.
There is a scene transition and I am now walking along some shady downtown area with my new hat. I walk past a shop where there is a lot of money lying around on a counter and it occurs to me that the hat could get me into trouble if people start to notice their money disappearing all of a sudden.
There is another scene transition in which the hat flys me to a temple-like place hidden up in the sky (there is a general sense of blueness in its architecture). The temple contains puzzles guarding scrolls which are part of some quest that is connected to the hat in some way, although I soon discover that someone else is trying to solve it before me as some of the scrolls are missing. I get the impression that opponent wants the hat for themself and I consider giving it to them so that they can leave me in peace but then I remember that if I do so I will be stuck up here with no way to get down again.

Duke Nukem
I am playing a game of "Duke Nukem 3d" in which a bunch of Pigs Cops are hunting me down. I find that using a shotgun takes too long to kill them with but that rockets and grenades work very well. This is unfortunate for me as I don't have that many rounds of explosives to spare so I try to blow them up in groups which requires me to heard them into confined spaces.
Eventually I defeat all the Pigs in the nearby area at which point I notice analien ship hovering overhead. Its shape is similar to that of the Enterprise from Star Trek, although spheres are a prominent feature in its design. I try to think of a way to board the vessel but it takes off before I do.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »

(9 July) Tough Zombies
I am in an area in which there are oaths boarded bt tall hedges that form closed off sections. Given the amount of zombies roaming about it seems likely to be a graveyard. I am armed with a double barreled shotgun with which I try to destroy the undead that fet in my way, but I soon find out that the number of shots it takes to eliminate one is more than I can handle before more show up and close in on me.
I decide to run for it in order to stay out of their reach but everywhere I go there are more zombies. I jump onto the hedge and run along its top for a while when I spot a rather large, mean looking zombie following me with an alarming look of determination evident in its body language. I drop down to confront it with the intention of blowing it away with both barrels at point blank range but it is unnervingly fast for a zombie and starts throwing me around as if it was a bouncer while alive and holding some sort of a grudge against me.

Fragments
1) I am in a classroom at my old school which is mostly empty although M2 is there. I'm not quite sure what sort of a lesson we are meant to be having but I find myself singing Rummstein songs which psychs me up and I get a sense of all my pent-up frustrations being released.

2) I sit down at my computer to find that I have been logged on to MM the entire time I was away. The chat window is open and as I scan through it I notice that Mu has said something about me although I can't make out what at a glance. I try to scroll to that particular part again but can't seem to find it.

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:58 PM »

Online Thief Interface
I am playing a game of "thief" in which the website from which Fan Missions can be downloaded is itself in the form of a Fan Mission. All the downloadable files are represented by closed doors lined up in rows like hotel rooms. While exploring I stumble upon a hidden passageway that leads to where unfinished and beta-version levels are stored.
Upon entering one of the roomns I am confronted by three of four blue trolls sitting down at a wooden table. One by one they get up to grab me and I knock each of them out with my blackjack as they do so. I notice that they are all different in size and wonder if they are a family. The room itself has additional exits to my left and right while a fireplace burns with a low orange glow ahead of me. Mounted to the wall on the left of the fireplace is a cylindrical closet (also wooden) which contains the partially destroyed remains of what I suppose is a time bomb made of bottles and glass balls of chemicals.

Chemistry Experiment
I am at school doing a chemistry experiment in which adding iron to a solution containing an orange powder allow you to separate the orange substance from the rest of the solution by bringing a magnet closer to the top of the container. I intone "That is not dead which can enternal lie" as I hold the magnet over the surface of the solution because the orange powder rises up like a small island reminding me of the story "Dagon" by H.P. Lovecraft.
M2 is also in the class and she asks me how much iron is necessary to induce the separation effect and I admit that I just threw a lot of it in because I did not realize that the quantity was something we were supposed to be paying attention to (which makes me feel a little silly).

Fragment
1) I am on a roadtrip with my elder sister comparing possible routes on a GPS system which overlays them on the display
2) I am being trained as a soldier and nearly get hit by a helicopter that is trying to land behind me (I feel uncomfortable getting back up with the rotor blades spinning above my head.)

Offline Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 06:18:48 AM »
At a standard of 15 posts per page this should conclude page 2.
So let's skip a 7-year lacuna of dream recall and move on to page 3  :gladiator: