Author Topic: Through a Nocturnal Veil  (Read 3206 times)

Online Emerald Wolf

• *Slept through the Apocalypse*
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • Bittersweet is still Sweet
Re: Through a Nocturnal Veil
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 06:22:00 AM »

Fragments
1) I am outside in an open marketplace with my aunt shopping for gear (of the RPG variety). The store I am inspecting displays its wares in a grid of boxes as might be expected from a computer game. Focusing my attention on the items lets me see what their stats are. Some of them seem to have slots that can hold gem inserts to make them more powerful. I try to find one that will work well with the gems I have with me.

2) I am outside a house where there seems to be a party on, intending to steal an item of some importance. It turns out to be a book with a wood and leather hardcover. I seem to know that it allows whatever one writes in it to actualize in their dreams and that my cousin has been using it to live out some sick fantasies. Later I fight him by casting fire and lightning spells from my hands.

3) I am at school with some friends talking about dungeon crawling and how things work in some game world (this dreamworld?). As we are walking about I hear my name being mentioned and turn to see a girl and her friends chatting. I have an apprehension that my friends and her friends are trying to get us to talk to each other. I think she looks like a fairly nice person so when we walk up to them I say hi to her and she replies similarly. She seems shy at the moment and I can't think of anything else to say so I smile, say bye and walk away. She repeats what I said.
Bas: -
Int: MO, CO
Adv: -

Online Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 08:18:03 AM »

Fragments
1) I am following a black man whose surname is Trump. He tells me he enjoys the confusion it causes when people listen in to conversations about him, expecting it to be about Donald Trump instead. We get on to a bus with some other people for a while and later the two of us get off at some actor's house. The two seem to know each other but what interests me more are all the quarters that have been pushed into the soil of his front yard (as if to mark where things have been planted or buried). I get a desire to take one of the quarters with me but each time I pick one up I see that it is a comemorative issue coin with some important historical figure's face on it, and the actor tells me I can't have it for that reason. I continue trying to find a normal quarter.

2) I am part of some Jedi training temple being run by someone I suspect might be a Sith Lord. There is a dumpster filled with wrapped bundles of what might be bombs that are occasionaly found around the area (the dumpster is mean to neutralize the threat somehow). I'm confused as to why we can't just open the bundles to see what they contain.
Later I join some people running around a maze of stone walls filled with traps looking to collect gems that are lying all over the place. I find myself looking through a low opening into a corridor running into a dead-end "T". Someone else is trying to make their way down the long corridor section towards my position, but keeps setting off a trap that makes the walls smash into each other so that they can't advance. At the intersection close to the hole is a pile of gems, which I figure is what the trap is meant to be guarding. Sterching my arm through the hole allows me to collect the gems without setting anything else off. On closer inspection the gems remind me of dice.

Mixed Safari
I am ouside a lodge in a game reserve standing around waiting for someone. I watch as an orange sportscar drives down the road leading from the lodge as stops next to me. The car is being driven by an old man, but I take over as I get into it and set off back up the road. At first I wonder if the car is too low on the ground for this sort of terrain but the handling is smooth even with all the dips and bumps in the road.
At one point there is a small, muddy watering hole that has formed in the middle of the road with a dirt ramp immediately before it leading to an area of higher elevation on the other side. I increase speed as we approach to ensure we clear the gap and just before launching into the air I spot a hippopotamus standing up from the its bath. We manage to make the jump to the other side but I think to myself that this setup is a rather negligent one, being dangerous to both people and animals.
By this time I've become quite impressed at the speed of the car and wonder if the combination of this and it aerodynamic form could cause it to become momentarily airborn, at which point it lifts away from the ground and I find myself able to control it like an airplane. spotting an area up ahead that is marked as off limits to vistors I decide to go exploring with this new freedom of movement.
The area is something between a gorge and a cave system, filled with a crystal clear lagoon. In it I spot an octopus with rainbow coloured markings running across parts of its body as well as other striking forms of tropical sealife. As I am wondering why people are being denied seeing this amazing oasis I start to notice windows cut into the cave wall, looking in on office spaces. I recognize the interior of one as being a denist's office and reason that this must be part of a private hospital complex.

Online Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »

Fragment
There is a field with an underground system of bunkers that are joined together. At some points in the field low drum-like exit points jut out of the ground with a slit in them to serve as observation posts as well. At some point a few people escape from the bunkers (which are being invaded) and take shelter at an old hotel that feels like it belongs in a WW2 movie.

Online Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2019, 06:14:44 AM »

Annoying Beggars
I am standing in a parking lot next to my car, about to go home when four beggars show up. They seem to expect me to give them money (possibly for "guarding" my car, ie: not doing any damage to it themselves). On the one hand I don't really want to give them anything since that would only be encouraging them, but on the other hand it would get rid of them for now if I do. I open my wallet and give them R10 each (three notes and some coins). They take the money but are indignant that I am only giving such a small amount. This pisses me off and I start ranting about how rightfully I don't have to give them anything, they are the one's who are bullying me with their expectant and ungrateful behaviour. Thankfully they leave shortly after this.
As I am getting into the front seat I notice that one of the rear doors is still open and, as I get back out to close it, that one of the beggars is standing inbetween it and the car. I ask him to move out of the way so that I can close it (I also notice that it has started to rain at this point). He seems to take this as a que to ask me for a lift and I tell him I don't think I'm going his way as I'm going to <my city>. He doesn't take the hint and asks me what direction that is in at which point I snap. I take a machine gun from somewhere and empty a number of rounds into his body, watching as he falls onto the back seat of my car... waking up with my teeth clenched and arms shaking.

Online Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 07:50:16 AM »

Fragment (15 September)
I am playing a top-down scrolling game that involves escaping from a sci-fi base. At one point there is a command centre room with a number of circles that need to be lit up in order to proceed.

Fragments (16 September)
1) I buy a small bag of oranges and then remember that I already more at home.

2) I am with some friends (or friends of my family) at an outdoor table of some fairly fancy resturant. I talk to them about a horror story (or game) which involves a creepy child that appears and suffocates people.

Fragments
1) I am with my elder sister in the front passenger seat of a car while she is driving. We are trying to reach a certain place using google-maps for directions, but it keeps giving convoluted routes that clearly end up in incorrect locations. I ask her what the name of our destination is and try to figure out why the app would be glitching like this. At one point I consider that the destination sounds like the name of an anime show and that the app might be trying to draw data from an anime database instead of using geographical data to compile the route.

2) I am with two of my boardgaming friends at what first feels like a bookstore, but on closer examination of the shelves around me I see a lot of boardgames. J pulls one off the shelf and opens it up. It appears to be a colourful but cheap squad-based war game of some sort. I was hoping to go through the available selection some more but as he is setting it up I guess that this is what we will be playing.

3) I am playing a game (or observing from an overhead perspective) where a car drives into terrorists armed with AK-47s. The people don't get run over so much as being pushed along until they have suffered lethal damage, at which point they fall over.

Online Emerald Wolf

• Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2019, 06:26:35 AM »

Fragments (18 September)
1) I find myself at my old home, wearing black robelike clothes (I was talking to a samurai beforehand). I move down the passages by jumping forward and gliding along without touching the floor. At intersections I push off of the walls to change my direction.

2) I am outside my old home by the pool, helping my mother who is removing the fruit from a palm-like tree. On closer inspection the fruit seem to be bunched together like bananas, but are a bit gooey inside when cut open. My friend K shows up and informs me that he is going to undergo surgery. As my mother is a nurse she chats with him about it for a bit.

L5R Game with T
I am sitting at a low table sorting through a bunch of L5R cards (from a new set?) preparing for a game with my old school friend T. My mother is off to the side and hands me a tube of chips (pringles?) which I open. The top portion inside is filled with cardboard, reducing the amount of chips included. Upon closer inspection the cardboard turns out to be puzzle pieces, which I hand back to my mother.
Turning my attention back to the game I see that T has opened a new box of cards. The box has an interesting design of a mask or creature totem with a portion cut out for its mouth. I ask T if he wants to keep it to which he replies no, so I take it for myself.
Looking back at my cards I notice that the protective sleeves they are in are starting to split on the upper edges and I wonder if I should replace them. I think to myself that if I mash-shuffle them starting with the bottom corners pointing towards each other that this would not accelerate the deterioration much, so maybe they are fine as is.
When I come across a hero card I recognize (female Mantis clan sailor / samurai), I talk to him a bit about how the mechanics have changed since earlier sets, finding an older version of the card to show him the differences.

Classroom Tower
I am alone in what feels like a classroom (desks; chairs) waiting for some lecture to start. I seem to recall that we will be evaluated on our ability to maintain relationships (spending extended time with others?). Looking outside I spot K from school sitting in a ticket booth, so I go over to her and ask if she wants to join me (while doing so I notice we are at the top of a square tower-like structure with a void black sky surrounding it). She says she can't because she is not taking part in the lecture. She is filling some administrative role instead.
At this point M and M show up (I wake up but continue to play out the scene in my drowsy state of mind). I know they would rather not have anything to do with me, but I wonder if there is anything I can do that will alter their reaction towards me. I can't find anything that works, so I abandon the scene instead, feeling a bit down.