Author Topic: What song are you listening to atm?  (Read 34258 times)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
Re: What song are you listening to atm?
« Reply #480 on: December 29, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »
If you're into atmospheric stuff in general, Newgrange is one of my favorite artists. They lean a bit more on the industrial side, but also incorporate a lot of drumming and ambient wind / nature sounds to round things out. I haven't found this on YouTube but Threnody for Wolves is my top pick from them.

http://newgrange.bandcamp.com/album/threnody-for-wolves
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 01:38:31 PM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #481 on: December 30, 2019, 04:29:32 PM »
If you're into atmospheric stuff in general, Newgrange is one of my favorite artists. They lean a bit more on the industrial side, but also incorporate a lot of drumming and ambient wind / nature sounds to round things out. I haven't found this on YouTube but Threnody for Wolves is my top pick from them.

http://newgrange.bandcamp.com/album/threnody-for-wolves

Oh, that's  the bandcamp site I keep seeing referred to. I was thinking about looking it up. Thanks for the link. That kind of reminds me of Danheim which I like too. Viking music with lots of drums and what not.

I signed up for the paid YouTube music. So far loving not having any commercials and can just let a playlist run. I have the free trial until the end of march to decide if I want to pay the ten bucks a month to keep it.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #482 on: January 06, 2020, 12:02:47 AM »
Danheim has quite a discography, that'll keep me busy for a while!

Taking a break from all the wordy songs in my driving playlist with some laid back, lyric-less music. Here's an old favorite for you.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #483 on: January 06, 2020, 01:47:18 PM »
Danheim has quite a discography, that'll keep me busy for a while!

Taking a break from all the wordy songs in my driving playlist with some laid back, lyric-less music. Here's an old favorite for you.

Glad you are enjoying the Danheim…

Listening to the link you added.  That's interesting. I feel like I've heard  that style of music before. Trying to think of what it reminds me of. 

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
  • Lucid Dreams: 14
« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2020, 10:55:11 PM »
Calling Dr Love by Kiss. That's almost classical music now, isn't it?
 :banana:

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #485 on: January 27, 2020, 08:42:06 AM »
Hold Me Now by the Thomson Twins.
Has a RC Line: You say I'm a dreamer, we're two of a kind.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #486 on: February 03, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »
I'm still on the free trial paid yahoo subscription. I'm probably going to cancel it. Granted I've not actually paid anything yet, but it's the trial. I'm still getting commercials now and then. I'm not going to pay ten bucks a month for no commercials and still have commercials. If it was really no commercials and not just less commercials I'd probably keep it, at least for as long as I'm using it enough to be worth it. But if they are going to charge me for no commercials and still throw commercials in there, screw that.

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #487 on: February 14, 2020, 02:44:38 AM »
The radio.

We Don't Need Another Hero - Tina Turner
I checked the vid out on youtube too, kind of dreamish. I would like to lucid visit the Thunderdome one night.
 :slapfight:

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #488 on: February 14, 2020, 01:43:56 PM »
Lol, I remember that movie. I actually saw it in the theater when it came out.

I was listening to some Pink Floyd: "The Wall"  recently. Mainly for nostalgic purposes. And because it's kind of soft spacy and relaxing. 

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2020, 11:28:07 PM »
Sweet child of Mine by GnR. On the radio station they were talking about the Guns & Roses reunion tour. I'm kind of intrigued and want to go but at the same time, kind of don't want to go. Tickets are probably going to be crazy expensive.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2020, 05:39:45 AM »
Yeah, there isn't a band or musician that exists that I'd pay the kind of prices they like to charge now days for concerts. I just don't care enough, seems like such a waste of money for a couple hours of entertainment. Especially when you no longer see musicians as god-like. I thought they were ripping people off when the tickets started hitting thirty bucks.

Check out this Metallica ticket stub from 1986 that I still have. "Master Of Puppets" tour, down town Minneapolis. I had gotten two tickets for my birthday since my birthday is June 1st and the concert was the end of May. It was one of Cliff Burtons last shows just before the bus accident. Note the ticket price.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/album.php?albumid=4105&pictureid=33263

But I suppose, they have to make their money somewhere. It's probably a bad era to be a musician, since everything is free on the internet. I mean, why would anyone go buy a bands new song or album when they can just look it up on youtube? lol. I remember my younger days, being so excited to get a little cash to go down to the music store to pick out a new metal album. And most of the shows I went to were five to ten bucks at first avenue.  You know, the famous "Prince." club, featured in the movie "Purple Rain." I saw many bands play there, for cheap.

One time my friends and I got on MTV when MTV was filming a live Halloween concert their, at first Ave. 

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:16:42 AM by Caradon »

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »
Listening to Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve.

And...  :o ... at that ticket price. Damn. I payed something like 120 a ticket to see them back in the 00's. And mine were literally the epitome of the nose bleed section seats.

I appreciate music a lot. I would prefer to see a band or singer and experience music being made live if I can. They are artists and I like to support artists when I can afford to. (which isn't often lol)

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #493 on: May 20, 2020, 11:28:43 PM »
 :o That was something else.

I heard an acoustic version of Chris Cornell singing Like a Stone. I've been listening to his acoustic stuff all day. I really wish I'd gotten to hear him sing live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLQv5xL9Dc

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #494 on: May 22, 2020, 12:44:22 AM »
Good song, thank you. I liked it.