Author Topic: Badges  (Read 31001 times)

Offline Kar

• Evaluator
Re: Badges
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »
I love these badges, but most of the things I do aren't listed. ;^;

Then again, a "Snark with your SC," "Use God-Mode," "Speak Without Words," "Control a DC," "Possess a DC," "Create a Dream Body for Yourself," "Argue with your SC," "Use Time Control," "Heal a DC," "Heal Yourself," "Use a Glamour," "See Through a Glamour," etc are probably not the most common... |D;;

Oh, telekinesis in this one! I made the curtains move. :d

http://mortalmist.com/forum/index.php?topic=2844.msg123638#msg123638

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »
Harrowing dream. Fun to read!

Enjoy the new badge! :greenstars:
Sol rests her head on her great celestial pillow, and I rise from my sun-soaked slumber to claim the night.

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
I am applying for TA and LM

I had just missed a beautiful dark green butterfly when I notice a large teal one coming at me. It is fluttering awkwardly as if both of it's wings were damaged, barely making up off the ground. I go to it quickly putting down my hand for it to climb up on. I am surprised by it's weight and the feeling of it's strange sucker like feet. "Hello" I say. In response it makes a noise between a squeak and a quiet screech. I say, "do you understand me?" and it makes the same noise again. I look up and say "Dream. Please let me understand this butterfly." Nothing happens, I look back to the large butterfly and ask "Hello?"

"Hello" It answers in a thin wavering voice. It's mouth opening much more largely than it should have, making me compare it to a frog's. "What is your name?" I ask. It answers clearly "Tango, what is yours?" I am shocked that it asks since no DC has ever needed to. I answer and then ask if he is hurt. He says no, so I ask why he came to me. He says "so I can show you this" and flew off of my hand "would you like me to change?" he asks.

Tango swings around on a wing tip and we fly across the surface of a sky scraper of offices. I look over his shoulder at our reflection in the glass, losing my sense of space and orientation as the glass becomes down, the earth becomes my right the sky my left. In our reflection he looks the same, and I have my face but I have very long black hair whipping in the wind and bright red lipstick. I don't want to be vain so I look forward again. We reach the end of the sky scraper and level back out disorienting me again.

Oh! And the 5 badge!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:28:47 PM by Rebel Seven »
Sol rests her head on her great celestial pillow, and I rise from my sun-soaked slumber to claim the night.

Offline Relyt

• Analyzer
  • Just the Grin
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
Reality Check
------------------------------

Through the Imaginary Door

I'm in my dorm room and I suddenly think to do a reality check. I can breathe through my nose. I'm dreaming. Before I can do anything, the dream starts to fade....I'm in my dorm again in the exact same spot I was a minute ago. I do a reality check with my nose again. I'm still dreaming. This time I rub my hands and yell "100% clarity now!" to stabilize the dream. It does a little bit. I notice there is a door in the wall where there normally isn't in my dorm room. I open it and walk into a long hall. At the end of it is a desk and my friend J in a seat. He has a laptop on the desk and is watching Naruto Shippuden on it. He says that he is moving in here. I start to lose lucidity, because I get mad at him for taking the biggest room for himself. The dream fades...I'm in the same part of my dorm room as the past two times. I do another reality check and I'm STILL dreaming. This time I walk through the normal exit to my dorm room, but I end up on the second floor of my highschool. I start looking for one of my old friends, as it is one of my dream goals to talk with this person. I run through the hallway and go through a bunch of different doors, one of which leads into some restaurant that resembles Bahama Breeze. I see my ex as a mother with kids, Freaky. I keep looking for my friend but eventually give up. Instead I start talking to random people but they don't answer me. Eventually I keep wandering and the dream fades for real this time. Or so I think. 
-Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
          -Well that depends on where you want to get to.
-Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as...
          -Then it really doesn't matter which way you go.
                                                                                Lewis Carroll

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 05:19:41 PM »
congrats on the lucid! :greenstars:

Offline Relyt

• Analyzer
  • Just the Grin
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
Go Through Glass
--------------------------------

A Finger Through the Glass

After counting 1- i'm dreaming 2- i'm dreaming all the way to 100 ten times, I decided to go to sleep. Lo and behold I had a false awakening and I looked at my watch- the hands were moving to very different positions each time I looked back - I gained lucidity. The weird thing though was that I couldn't breathe through my nose, but I did a few more checks and I was dreaming for sure. Unsure about what to do at this point I decided to explore the dream version of my dorm room. It was pretty much the same until I got to the bathroom where there was a glass door on the shower instead of the curtain. I decided that I wanted to try to put my finger through the glass. At first I pushed on it with my pointer finger and it felt normal, I felt the glass resist. But then my finger slid through, without the feeling of resistance going away. I felt the dream start to fade so I tried focusing on different things in the environment, touching the walls and such. Despite this, I woke up. (I did a few RCs but I was for sure awake.)
                                                                                Lewis Carroll

Offline Relyt

• Analyzer
  • Just the Grin
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 05:28:04 PM »
Fly or Float
-------------------

I had another lucid the other night and felt compelled to create this representation of it:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2263374741882&set=a.1398968972278.2056742.1173885846&type=3&theater

A picture is worth a thousand words!

...but to clarify I was flying.

Also...

FIRST LUCID! Flying and Hogwarts??

Me, my brother A, and my friend B are all going to Costco to get some Band Camp food supplies. (You know the stuff, beef jerky, oreos, fruit snacks etc...) when we get inside I see a door that is locked on the right and I ask B to pick it. He goes to start and pick it, but my interest of whatever is behind that door is lost. I saw a giant billboard that read something like "Sale! Buy Now!" but then I did a habitual RC, looking away and looking back, and noticed the text had changed into something else.
My heart skipped a beat. I was excited. I screamed "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!" and burst outside. I wanted to try flying so I jumped into the air like took off like superman. I was amazed at how realistic the tactile feeling were, like the wind on my hair and body, and the cold air coursing around me. I fly off over the street high in the sky toward some mountains, when I see some guy I would refer to as a "red-neck" with a shot-gun that kept saying "MCFLY!" apparently he thought I was the kid from Back to the Future. (It didn't occur to me until now that he had used the word "fly" as I was flying). He never actually used the shotgun, but as I flew past him my control on the flight was harder, I couldn't go up as easily, probably because I was scared of him. When I was past him I decided that I wanted to go to Hogwarts. At some point I had lost some control because when I got to "Hogwarts" I was a bit disappointed. It was a shed. Nonetheless I went up the wooden stairs and into the shed where I found a small room with a wall raised about a foot above the floor. I got down on my belly to look at what was under the raised wall to find a mirror. I didn't think much of it. On my way out I thought, "gee it sure would suck if Snape was here..." so there he was. All I remember was willing them to go away and, ironically, they disappeared in a "green flash" (like Avada Kedavra). The flash woke me up.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:41:49 PM by Relyt »
                                                                                Lewis Carroll

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 04:15:29 PM »
Great job Mcfly :chuckle: Enjoy the badges!

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 09:01:53 AM »
Is this the right place to say I love the new badges?

Well - I do!
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 04:34:36 PM »
:D any place is the right place to say that! :bliss:

Offline mieksta

• That Guy
  • Analyzer
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »
RC badge
Scene Change: Some House
Im on the sidewalk. I see Mufasa giving a DC sewing stuff on the front porch.I RC and im dreaming. Im Lucid, but I dont have control.
"God put me on earth to do a certain amount of things, right now Im so far behind that I'll never die."

"You don't have to out run the bear, just you hunting partner."

"This cup of coffee taste like battery acid thats been pissed on and cursed at for several hours."

Offline mieksta

• That Guy
  • Analyzer
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 05:40:32 PM »
Fly and fly through a window
Scene Change:my room
I open the window and fly
"God put me on earth to do a certain amount of things, right now Im so far behind that I'll never die."

"This cup of coffee taste like battery acid thats been pissed on and cursed at for several hours."

Offline mieksta

• That Guy
  • Analyzer
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 05:51:02 PM »
Breath underwater, Walk through fire(if breathing it counts), look at hand, talk to animal.
I dont have any control and cant do dream stuff. The only thing thats different from IWL are the lines on my hands there insane.[/quote
they attack. I breathe fire at one and it falls im sure its dead the rest attack.
I remember falling in and being able to breathe underwater.
Me: Are you ok." " bear: I cant move."

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
Hey Meik :)

Could you post larger excerpts from you dreams when you apply? It is fun and interesting to see how people achieve their goals! You can only achieve one badge per action so the flying through the window and flying badge have to be separate. Do you have another lucid in which you fly? And it is a prerequisite that you are lucid to get a badge, when you breathed under water were you lucid? Oh, and there will be a pyrokinesis badge eventually that breathing fire will earn, but its not quite walking through fire.

Great job getting lucid! :greenstars:

EDIT: Realized I was being silly and that flying and flying through a window should earn someone both badges, silly me :content:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:43:18 AM by Rebel Seven »

Offline Cambodia

• The Cambodian Dreamer
  • Synthesizer
  • I Wait for the Wind, and I Burn My Head Again
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »
Applying for RC and Telekinesis:

LUCID: I don't remember the details now, unfortunately.  I just remember RC'ing, getting lucid, then moving leaves around with Tekekinesis.  And throwing up snakes (Don't ask, because I don't know.)
Cambodiafied Madness - New and Improved