Author Topic: SSILD method ...  (Read 14249 times)

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
Re: SSILD method ...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
Tried this morning and it was very quick to get some body sensations going and then on the verge of WILD I lost an instant of time in the transition but was rewarded with quite a long dream. It seems to produce the OOB feeling in a mild way and just before the exit so I need to pay attention to the feelings and the stage I am at or my body will be asleep and I will think I am still awake.
Away on a rainbow of colour to the organic world of my mind

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
Majic...Sounds like your also havuing some sucess with SSILD!
Keep us posted... :)

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:24 PM »
Will do, I suspect it set up the state for a WILD or OOB by getting me relaxed intolight sleep and on the edge of REM very fast. From here its not to much trouble to go WILD on a good night

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »

Yesterday morning after  WBTB and [SSILD]... I had a lot of long dreams the later one very impressive as  i was flying one foot off the ground.. above  a cow pasture....

This morning at WBTB I tryed three times with [SSILD] and later  this  morning I managed to put my body to sleep with my mind remained wide awake!
My body felt like a pile of putty.. [almost disconnected from my body]..with my brain quite awake on top...

It may have been sleep paralysis or a False awakening?

Tom..

Offline bluebird

• Is this the real life?
  • Evaluator
  • Dream Initiated Lucid Dream
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 01:52:36 AM »
I had my first success with SSILD last night.

WBTB after 5 hours, only a few minutes spent awake which I completed a couple of rounds of each sense and then fell asleep quickly.

Became lucid quite late on in the dream, but should have been much earlier I just didn't become aware at obvious signs.
Current Challenges:
-Garden of Eden
-Meditate in a LD
-more

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »
Congrats Blue bird! 8)
Hope you can keep the lucids comming!
I took a break for a  couple days from [SSILD] but will continue soon..
When doing [SSILD]...it not always posible to get to sleep very quickly for me...
And its such an easy light exercise that some wonder how it can have effect... but somehow it works!..
Tom..

Offline mieksta

• That Guy
  • Analyzer
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 06:51:46 PM »
Thanks for posting this, I hope you have more success with it. Definitely trying this for the next couple months. Wish me luck!
"God put me on earth to do a certain amount of things, right now Im so far behind that I'll never die."

"You don't have to out run the bear, just you hunting partner."

"This cup of coffee taste like battery acid thats been pissed on and cursed at for several hours."

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
 ...atempt to  re explain..or..[clarify].. [SSILD] method by  cosmic.Iron 

for SSILD to work properly you need to get into the "trance". In the trance state your mind begins to wander so much that you frequently pause/resume the exercises. Thus, the orders and timings are not important. In fact, doing the exercise "systematically" almost guarantees failure. As I often said, the only thing you should focus on is to lose focus. You don't want to finish the exercise in a few minutes in an orderly fashion while your mind stays clear and alert. You want it to last a while due to momentarily losing and regaining consciousness.

As for scanning the body sensations, you can do it either way, depend on whichever feels most natural. For example, you can scan up and down for sensations such as tingling, itchiness, numbness, heaviness, and etc. Or, you can simply focus on specific body parts such as the fingers and toes, head, abdomen, and so on. Some people even focus on more external stimuli such as the weight of the blanket.

Practice the exercise during the day is not very useful, except during afternoon naps

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »
I find that moving around from body feelings to noise to mind is good and when I tend to dwell without intending to I am getting close to a WILD and at that stage the worst thing I can do is move on because I think I should. This thinking that I am doing something wrong causes a focus that pulls me from the relaxed state that I need

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »
......[considering that it said try to focus on loosing  focus at a certain point?..

I think  this [may.mean] to not get too awake and stay within the hypnapompic state.. ??? 

[....[I think i was trying to focus too hard last couple nights]?

So I try ed SSILD this morning at WBTB and tryed to[ [half focus].. and.. [half loose focus]..meaning  that when I tryed to see images behind my closed eyes I would do it in casual sleepy groggy way..then I would release the focus then find it again in the mind fog...
I was trying to stay as close to sleep as possible while going in and out focus of my senses...
 And just this morning I had two very long vivid dreams that I recalled easily...
The later dream was very erotic [red hot erotic]  ;) and very detailed don't have time to explain...
Tom..

Offline bluebird

• Is this the real life?
  • Evaluator
  • Dream Initiated Lucid Dream
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »
And just this morning I had two very long vivid dreams

Oh?

that I recalled easily...

Oh yes?
The later dream was very erotic

Yes? :)
[red hot erotic]  ;)

Tell us? :D

and very detailed don't have time to explain...
Tom..

Oh  :sad1:

This was my reactions reading through that comment. You should keep a DJ here Tom, I am very disappointed that you don't

Current Challenges:
-Garden of Eden
-Meditate in a LD
-more

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »
That last dream was so vivid ..it seemed i had taken galantamine..but I didnt...
 I think a  later session with [SSILD] was responsible for later dream...
 cheers..Tom

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »
SSILD exercises to continue soon...
stay tuned!

Offline Tom

• Evaluator
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
I just re started SSILD yesterday morning...

Yesterday morning at WBTB I did SSILD and was rewarded with a couple of very nice hi quality NLDs...but no lucids..

But..Just this morning after WBTB later in morning  I did SSILD two or three times and became lucid in latest morning   dream...

I noticed that... [before the more longer solid lucid dream]...

I had several shorter  dreams where  i would become more aware in the dream to the point   of changing the dream scene at will..you might  call it..[ little on and off sparks].. of lucid control!

Then in my latest morning dream [in dream] I was  standing and looking up at some very tall trees growing very close to some 5Th or 6Th floor windows and just seemed to know that I could fly up to the top of them ....and did just that!!
Levitating up to them was an ...awesome [very real]..feeling and when I got to the top of the trees I flew through a closed glass window of the building..
I remember Seeing all kinds of hallways and furnishings pictures on the walls everything to a fine detail!
After exploring the interior of the top floor of the building I shot through the ceiling and did some  low gliding over many rooftops as it was daytime and sunny...
Then in the excitement I woke up in bed..
Ps..when I did the [ssild]  exercises ..  I did them kind of [fast] and [scrambled them] [back and forth].. in an attempts to dull my focus some..

You might say [during exercises]..I tryed to confuse my focus to some  degree..
I noticed that I would shift from visual to auditory  and if I blinked my eyes during this shift I would notice a kind of [separation or space between the two senses]..maybe this means something or not??
So in effect I  confused my focus on purpose...

I would activate my sense of  mental imagery then quickly shift to auditory ..then just as quickly go to physical bodily feelings....then shift back to visual again all kind of quickly..

Sometimes would do the whole 20 seconds on one sense then I would shift from one sense about 5 or 10 seconds   into it ...

BUT!! Before I did these exercises ..[I repeated my intent several times].. that ..

[I will enter a dream soon and will know its a dream]

All this with SSILD worked well this morning!

Tom...

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »
I have had some success with this as well and think it is well worth putting some effort into