Author Topic: TIME  (Read 6781 times)

Offline Hukif

• Evaluator
Re: TIME
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »
Hmm, I have practiced with time for a bit now.
I don't like to dilate time much, at first because it caused headaches and later on because it was useless as dream training even when I stretched it to several years/night, which would make it confusing upon waking which year it was for a few seconds/minutes <.<

The only other thing I do is compress the time of my body, so that which I practice in dreams will resonate for my brain as a much longer time than what actually happened, I find this to be a better training method so yeah, this is what I use most now.

Offline greg lousy

• _--<<<::((*** & ***))::>>>--_
  • Evaluator
  • happy perpetual birthday
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »
any of those years long dreams journaled here?
........ and I cannot find my way back to the sea, but the saltiest sea knows its own way to me    -   Joanna Newsome

Offline Hukif

• Evaluator
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
All of them, but I am the lazy kind of journaler, so its more like a brief (very) summary of what I did <.<

Offline arliatis

• ghjkjhg
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 01:24:17 PM »
The point of this post is to ask every advanced Lucid Dreamer on MM : Have any of you contemplated this? i have become fixated on expanding time in my dreams it has become my life's work.. or at least for the past 4 months. If ANYONE has ANY pointers or clues on the mystery of TIME in dreams it would greatly help me.
Please and Thank You.

Realise this was posted ages ago but thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

Yes this also took my attention for a very long time, and from my limited experience time can be 'extended'. But in the sense that your monk described. Physical time doesn't change but your perception of it does. I believe i was once in a dream that lasted a whole week, and i woke up literally feeling like i'd been 'awake' for a week, and found it very difficult to go back to sleep because it was such a weird feeling living for a whole week lucid.
Its like when you stare at a clock time goes really really slowly, and when you have fun it goes really quickly. From my experience there's another element in dreams which affect perception of time. The weather.
Not sure if anybody has ever noticed this but day and night seem to switch very quickly in dreams, and with my lucid dream that lasted a week, i remembered because i went through 7 'nights'. The weird thing is that i was having great fun the whole time, and I realised that I hadn't been lucid for 7 days. But it just FELT like 7 days and to me thats enough, my experience of time was extended.

As far as meditation goes, Its extended time in my lucids only because it increases my stability, but then again i've never tried to as a means to time extension.
Beg: FL, SO, RC, TR, ND, TD, EF, LW, CL
Int: BI, TP, DC, MF, WA, CO, CP, MO, TK, DF, WW, JR
Adv: LW, SC, TT, VP, OS

Completed May Advanced Lucid Challenge

Offline SmifoPL

• Sleeper by Nature
  • Applier
  • Does hard work and practice beat nature and talent
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 07:03:40 PM »
I'm having a dry spell again but since my post i haven't had colossal progress. However when i woke up from one vivid lucid i did feel kind of strange as if i really did do a lot in one night, but the dream involved me walking in my city, which although i know like the back of my mind, i had to spend most of my focus on keeping the city the same as it is in real life, so that i could accurately measure how long im walking for, but when i couldn't focus on time, its seamed to pass too quickly. What i'm looking for is percieving time as if i were not having fun at all, make it seem as one second is one hour, but at the same time be doing something productive or fun.

Offline howitzer

• jATION the ©REATION
  • Evaluator
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
If we advert back to the observed, scientifically studied lucid dreams that LaBerge had carried out, would you fall under the impression that time in a lucid dream would be in real time?
I'll see it when I believe it.

Offline greg lousy

• _--<<<::((*** & ***))::>>>--_
  • Evaluator
  • happy perpetual birthday
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:01 PM »
are you refering to the pre- planned eye movement experiments?
........ and I cannot find my way back to the sea, but the saltiest sea knows its own way to me    -   Joanna Newsome

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline howitzer

• jATION the ©REATION
  • Evaluator
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »
I would certainly not argue that time is subjective inside a dream or awake. It still is measured though. Regardless of our individual take on the experience of time, the experiences that he performed would have had to put him in a somewhat realistic frame of time...no?

LaBerge, who had experienced lucid dreams since childhood, resolved to study the phenomenon scientifically during his psychology graduate program at Stanford. He initially experimented on himself, using sweeping motions of the eyes-controlled by muscles that are not immobilized during the rapid eye movement (REM) stage of sleep-to signal non-sleeping observers that he was in a lucid dream state (he later used clenched fists to send messages in Morse code). LaBerge trained others to dream lucidly, and then experimented with dream control-undertaking a task such as flying or changing the dream landscape at will

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »

Offline howitzer

• jATION the ©REATION
  • Evaluator
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
are you refering to the pre- planned eye movement experiments?
Yes, that and the other experiments conducted later.

Well yea I think that awake or dreaming if you want to be aware of the passage of time a good way is to count.  But you aren't often doing that.

Not exactly where I had meant to steer the conversation.  :?

Putting into question some of the posts that claim they have experienced dreams that have been weeks, it seems that there would be some reference points to and from dream scenes to....get your bearings, so to speak.

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »
I think many of the people who claim to have time dilation in dreaming describe an objective lengthening of time.

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »
I think many of the people who claim to have time dilation in dreaming describe an objective lengthening of time.

We are not actually sleeping days, weeks, months, etc.  This is not like Rip Van Winkle lol. 

If I understand the claims, in these instances of time dilation the dreaming body experiences more time than the waking body.