Author Topic: MeltingCORE's Dream Pyramid/Emily's Horizon (Dreamscape Act II)  (Read 29944 times)

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
Re: MeltingCORE's Dream Pyramid/Emily's Horizon (Dreamscape Act II)
« Reply #360 on: March 21, 2018, 09:51:01 PM »
-I had an entire dream in Spanish. There was one part where my cousin Julie was six months pregnant (this would be her third child) and making me feel her stomach because the baby was kicking around in there. Then in another part of the dream, I was getting ready to go to university but my house was in a slightly different position from real life. I forgot my shoes and backpack.

Amazing to have a dream entirely in Spanish! ¡Debes hablar español muy bien!
In the secret space of dreams
Where I dreaming lay amazed
When the secrets all are told
And the petals all unfold
When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me.
-- from Attics of My Life, by Robert Hunter

Offline MeltingCORE

• Emily (The Reactor Girl)
  • Evaluator
  • Let's burst the gravity...
« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2018, 01:08:40 PM »
¡Gracias! Estudio español desde hace cinco años. Español es mi segundo idioma. ¡Me encanta idiomas! :flowerdance:

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Offline MeltingCORE

• Evaluator
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »
-Kind of an abstract dream... There was one part where I was watching a couple camp out on their huge back porch. The girl was wearing really tight underwear that was giving her a wedgie. Really weird. Then there was another part where I was supervising a new professor. I don't know what kind of professor he was but he had some 3D simulation of a thunderhead and was talking about "thunderbirds" which were apparently eagles that flew in front of a thunderstorm. The little simulation did have eagles flying in front of the storm. The professor seemed nervous at first but then he got better and more confident.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Offline MeltingCORE

• Evaluator
« Reply #363 on: March 24, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
-Saya was in my dream. She roared at me and I told her to cut her shit out and she should know by now that I'm not scared of her.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2018, 01:38:34 PM »
¡Gracias! Estudio español desde hace cinco años. Español es mi segundo idioma. ¡Me encanta idiomas! :flowerdance:

¡Yo también me encanta idiomas!
You dreamed of me.

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
-Kind of an abstract dream... There was one part where I was watching a couple camp out on their huge back porch. The girl was wearing really tight underwear that was giving her a wedgie. Really weird. Then there was another part where I was supervising a new professor. I don't know what kind of professor he was but he had some 3D simulation of a thunderhead and was talking about "thunderbirds" which were apparently eagles that flew in front of a thunderstorm. The little simulation did have eagles flying in front of the storm. The professor seemed nervous at first but then he got better and more confident.

Intriguing dream! Seems like it has a lot of symbolism. What do you think the dream means (if anything)? Thunderbirds are cars, but that's probably not what they symbolized in your dream. Also probably didn't symbolize the Air Force precision flying team. The "...legendary creature in certain North American indigenous peoples' history and culture...." seems like it might be a possibility:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(mythology)

They're extremely powerful creatures, so it's great to have them show up in a dream (assuming it actually was them):

In Algonquian mythology, the thunderbird controls the upper world while the underworld is controlled by the underwater panther or Great Horned Serpent. The thunderbird throws lightning at the underwater creatures and creates thunder by flapping its wings.

(BTW, an underwater panther is a pretty interesting concept. Do panthers like to swim?)

The Menominee of Northern Wisconsin tell of a great mountain that floats in the western sky on which dwell the thunderbirds. They control the rain and hail and delight in fighting and deeds of greatness. They are the enemies of the great horned snakes - the Misikinubik - and have prevented these from overrunning the earth and devouring mankind. They are messengers of the Great Sun himself.

The Ojibwe version of the myth states that the thunderbirds were created by Nanabozho for the purpose of fighting the underwater spirits. They were also used to punish humans who broke moral rules. The thunderbirds lived in the four directions and arrived with the other birds in the springtime. In the fall they migrated south after the ending of the underwater spirits' most dangerous season.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:03:57 PM by johnb »
You dreamed of me.

Offline MeltingCORE

• Evaluator
« Reply #366 on: April 08, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
Straight up, I didn't know about the Thunderbird myth! (Or if I have heard of it, I just forgot.) I'm not quite sure what the dream could have meant... I'd have to think about it!

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Offline MeltingCORE

• Evaluator
« Reply #367 on: April 08, 2018, 02:32:17 PM »
-I was walking around in some Apokoliptian looking complex, everything was dark red and super industrial looking (pipes everywhere, wires everywhere, etc). As I was walking around, I starting becoming more aware of my surroundings (aka leaning towards being lucid). I started feeling the wall and then I looked up and started climbing the wall. When I got to the edge, I peered out over it and it was like an industrial maze which made me super aware and I was actually like "Is this real?" Then I looked over in the distance and Steppenwolf was walking through the maze, talking to some of the Parademons. I jumped over the wall and started walking towards him. Then I woke up and went back to sleep and dreamed about another Apokoliptian: Granny Goodness. I was in my grandma's house in Florida and Granny Goodness had replaced my grandma. She was talking about bringing me and Eriq to her "orphanage" which is a place where she trains the Female Furies. Then I was looking at a super cool picture I drew of me and a Tripod. Then I woke up.

Speaking of Steppenwolf and Apokolips, I'm writing a story about them: https://redshiftbymeltingcore.wordpress.com

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2018, 05:47:12 AM »
There's also this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(cryptozoology)

Season 3 of Rick and Morty wasn't long ago.

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2018, 12:57:39 AM »
There's also this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(cryptozoology)

Good point! Hadn't heard about that. It's a Sasquatch of the air!

Season 3 of Rick and Morty wasn't long ago.

Yes. Not all that long.
You dreamed of me.

Offline MeltingCORE

• Evaluator
« Reply #370 on: April 21, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »
Haha, that does look like a "Sasquatch of the air"! I didn't know there could be so many connotations for a thunderbird!

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #371 on: April 23, 2018, 06:26:00 PM »
Haha, that does look like a "Sasquatch of the air"! I didn't know there could be so many connotations for a thunderbird!

Cool to dream of them, whatever the connotation!
You dreamed of me.

Offline MeltingCORE

• Evaluator
« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2018, 02:14:05 PM »
^Indeed!

-I was in an interactive science museum with Eriq.
-Some weird dream where a girl got attacked by some kind of elephant monster. As it went to eat the girl's face, the dream switched to her POV and she was getting white flashes and memories in her vision.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #373 on: April 26, 2018, 02:52:15 PM »
^Indeed!

-I was in an interactive science museum with Eriq.

Could be fun.

-Some weird dream where a girl got attacked by some kind of elephant monster. As it went to eat the girl's face, the dream switched to her POV and she was getting white flashes and memories in her vision.

Scary, but interesting!
You dreamed of me.

Offline MeltingCORE

• Evaluator
« Reply #374 on: May 04, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »
Super scary but interesting indeed!

-My dream last night... It started off with an image of UFOs hovering over the Earth. Then it zoomed in to my neighborhood and I could see one of the UFOs breaking through the clouds (this part was vivid and surreal, the UFO was huge and pushing away the clouds). I went back inside and told my dad and he ran downstairs. Then I went to the middle level and told my mom not to panic but "aliens are invading and you need to go downstairs". My mom didn't seem disturbed and went downstairs. Then I was trying to grab Lia (my cat) who was running around crazily. Then I woke up.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><