Author Topic: My Rhap-tacular goals  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Rhapsode

• One foot in heaven, one foot in hell
  • Synthesizer
My Rhap-tacular goals
« on: January 14, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
Hey guys, I'm back. For real this time.

I've been out of the lucid dreaming practice for a while now, and I figure the best way to get back into it is to make me one of these fancy lil' goal-keeping journals on this here fancy board, where I'll keep all my fancy goals in. So! To start.

WEEK 1 [1/14 - 1/20]
----------
Get back into the habit of recording my dreams during the night. Being that I have a roommate whose slumber I do not wish to disturb, instead of recording the entirety of the dreams immediately upon waking, I will give them names and at least three pertinent notes and record them in full the next morning. I will also record any fragments or half-dreams, because those totally count.
GOAL: Have at least three nights this week of recording dreams (which means one full dream, two half dreams, three fragments, or any combination of the three because the last two totally count).

Good luck to me!

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: My Rhap-tacular goals
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »
Good luck to you!  Goals are good to have, and better to meet!
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Rhapsode

• Synthesizer
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:05:05 PM »
Midweek Update
My goal was to have three nights of dream recall and recording. Midway through the week, I've done two! One more to go. Looks like this guy's going to be getting lucid next week.  8)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
Next week!  And you can start practicing this week!!
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Rhapsode

• Synthesizer
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 12:46:45 AM »
Ha, well I could start practicing this week, but I ain't going to rush it. I'm goan take it nice and sloooooow.

Offline Rhapsode

• Synthesizer
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »
End of Week
Done it! But just barely. I've had three nights of dream recall/dream recording so I've met my minimum, meaning I can do a new goal this week. I also had two brief lucids and one longer one so I know I'm ready for the next few steps.

WEEK TWO [1/21 - 1/27]
This week I will start doing reality checks to see whether or not I am dreaming. I will be on the lookout for anything that strikes me as odd or unusual or simply do a standard RC, such as checking for consistency when I look at a digital clock or looking at my hands periodically throughout the day. I aim to do at least 10 reality checks per day and must meet this minimum at least three days out of the week.

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »
Great job this week, Rhapsode, and keep it up!

Offline Rhapsode

• Synthesizer
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 12:43:06 AM »
Hey guys, I'm back. For real this time. I mean for real for real. Seriously.  :crazy: Eh, who am I kidding...

I set my own hours for my job so needless to say my life has become a tangled mess of procrastination, irregular work and sleep hours and the black ennui of one who spends too much time on Social Media. Therefore I feel it incumbent upon myself to set a schedule to organize this chaos that is the absurdity of my existence. Well maybe a schedule won't do that much, but it should help my waking life and dream life out a bit.

My Super Awesome Schedule
7am - 9am: Write in my dream journal, exercise, meditate, and prepare for the day.
9 am - 6pm: Work on the days that I do work. Also when I have time I can study my Coursera classes I'm taking, practice my German, and take care of Personal Business.
6pm-9pm: Free time!  :banana:
9pm - 11pm: Journal (includes writing on this site), read, write down dream intentions for the night, and prepare for bed.

Simple! But it also means I'm going to cut down on the mindless bullsh** I do like browsing on the internet all day because I now have different activities to focus on during each time period. Will this work? I sure hope so! If it doesn't, my life will spiral into an ever bleaker pit of meaninglessness and despair and then I'll have to form a Norwegian black metal band.

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 04:17:57 PM »
Keep it up Rhap! You're not the only one that would benefit from better discipline practices :chuckle:

I may piggyback your inspiration and decide to get my schedule more under control as well :D
Sol rests her head on her great celestial pillow, and I rise from my sun-soaked slumber to claim the night.

Offline greg lousy

• _--<<<::((*** & ***))::>>>--_
  • Evaluator
  • happy perpetual birthday
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 02:12:27 AM »
  this chaos that is the absurdity of my existence 

... thats pretty great Rhap.

..... Oh, and two hours for self work and dream work!!!  That is ambitious.  If you pull that off, I'd love to see where it takes you. 

... best wishes with this
........ and I cannot find my way back to the sea, but the saltiest sea knows its own way to me    -   Joanna Newsome

Offline Rhapsode

• Synthesizer
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 11:52:12 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm off to a bad start but hopefully I can get on track since it's still early in the week.   :comeandgetsome: