Author Topic: Advice and motivation needed for a very frustrated beginner please  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
Re: Advice and motivation needed for a very frustrated beginner please
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 09:00:20 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline majic

• Synthesizer
  • Dream Tunnel
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 02:19:47 PM »
I also very much like to drink beer too, and that doesn't seem to help either

Great, its drinking to the extent that it does no harm that is the key  :P

All of what you do will help in quiet ways so keep at it, key point is that we all have dry spells and need to revisit the simple stuff that go us there in the first place. Its all worth the effort so hang in there
Away on a rainbow of colour to the organic world of my mind

Offline greg lousy

• _--<<<::((*** & ***))::>>>--_
  • Evaluator
  • happy perpetual birthday
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 05:30:21 AM »
I appreciate very much the drive and honesty evident in your posts here.  In my book these attributes entitle you to many wonderful lucids, but alas, I am not the universe.

I strongly second iadr's initial comments about the foundation of dream recall, and I would not be at all surprised if reading books on lucid dreaming now, after building such a foundation really got you going.  I had a similar beginning, starting with a year or so of journaling with only a few fleeting lucids - Only I had the benefit of not knowing that many others were getting lucid and that the practice was evolving so much - in other words - I wasn't in contact with any successful lucid dreamers so I never felt unsuccessful.  

I think your fine. I think your doing great.  You'll get there with or without supps if you keep at it.  Maybe its harder for you but I sure don't know that yet.

I think the technique side of things will work itself out.  I would only add that if you do WBTB, stay up for at least half an hour, and wake up fully.  This isn't my opinion - it was demonstrated experimentally by LaBerge.  You should be awake enough that you have a little trouble going back to sleep.

.... and take it easy.  Don't let your pure desire to lucid dream get mixed up with the more general and emotional desire to be "successful" and not "fail"

edit -  just looked at your journal and realized that I'm off by couple months here.  I hope you come back

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:38:16 AM by greg lousy »
........ and I cannot find my way back to the sea, but the saltiest sea knows its own way to me    -   Joanna Newsome