Author Topic: DSILD (Dangerous Scene Induced Lucid Dream)  (Read 5840 times)

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
DSILD (Dangerous Scene Induced Lucid Dream)
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »
This simple technique involves visualizing yourself doing something dangerous, like climbing up the outside of a very high building, or walking across a tight rope wire, where you get into the visualization so deep. that it turns into a dream, and your subconscious takes over, and starts providing the scenery.

The key is to get into the visualization so deep that it feels dangerous, and your subconscious takes over and starts providing the scenes, or else takes you somewhere else completely different in another scene.

The more that scenes like this are visualized, the easier it becomes to visualize them and become a part of them, and enter a DSILD from them.
Beg and Bas: HA GG TR LM CL SO LC RS FL LW TD
Int: EF BI JR DC WH CT CW IA WA TA WT JT RA WW WF RA MF WF BO TK
Advanced: TT AN OB CS BH ST
Sea:
All tasks completed. Going through a second time.

Offline VagalTone

• Comprehender
Re: DSILD (Dangerous Scene Induced Lucid Dream)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »
In the beginning nothing comes
In the middle nothing stays
In the end nothing goes

Milarepa

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »
You'd do this at WBTB? So, because the scene is dangerous, it shocks you into realizing you're dreaming?
In the secret space of dreams
Where I dreaming lay amazed
When the secrets all are told
And the petals all unfold
When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me.
-- from Attics of My Life, by Robert Hunter

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Snaggle

• Synthesizer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 04:27:33 AM »
  Iadr this is certainly a fun idea.  I wish Kar would post here as she seems to be a gifted visualizer.

Quote from: Iadr
This simple technique involves visualizing yourself doing something dangerous, like climbing up the outside of a very high building, or walking across a tight rope wire, where you get into the visualization so deep. that it turns into a dream, and your subconscious takes over, and starts providing the scenery.

This does not seem like it would be any more effective at inducing a WILD than prayer or chanting a mantra and both are not very effective, as a means of incubating a seem is nothing but a specific variation of standard dream incubation.

It does have the advantage over prayer that one has no risk of thinking the images are real angels/gods or whatnots.

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
You'd do this at WBTB? So, because the scene is dangerous, it shocks you into realizing you're dreaming?
Good question johnb. This technique works best after already had some sleep, and entered into some rem cycles, and remembered some dreams, as it is usually easier for the subconscious to enter a rem cycle at this point. So the best time for this technique would probably be either at WBTB, or else right before getting up in the morning, which is when we have the most success with it.

Making the scene feel dangerous is used to shock the subconscious, which should then either come to your rescue and either change the scene to get you out of the dangerous scene, or else cause the scene to become alive in a dream.

The key is to make the scene feel as dangerous as possible, and to get yourself into the scene as much as you can by feeling yourself actually being there. Once you can feel yourself actually being there, you will be there...in a lucid.

The other point we should make is that when we mention making the scene feel dangerous, we're referring to things like heights, like feeling yourself standing at the edge of a high cliff, or climbing up the side of a 100 story building, etc.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:18:48 PM by iadr »
Sea:

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 07:55:22 PM »
This does not seem like it would be any more effective at inducing a WILD than prayer or chanting a mantra and both are not very effective, as a means of incubating a seem is nothing but a specific variation of standard dream incubation.
That's exactly what this is Snaggle, a specific variation of a standard dream incubation, or VILD, with the thing making it different being that it emphasizes making the scene feel as dangerous as possible, with an optional outcome of them possibly being whisked away from the scene they're visualizing due to how dangerous it feels, to someplace completely different in a WILD.
Sea:

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 07:58:13 PM »
Seems like it could work.
You dreamed of me.

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 09:49:24 PM »
Maybe I should just visualize my plane crashes - usually gets me lucid when dreaming them, so...

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 06:23:00 AM »
Maybe I should just visualize my plane crashes - usually gets me lucid when dreaming them, so...
Might work, especially if you visualize yourself being some kind of super hero, and climbing out onto the plane while it is going down, and fixing something that saves everyone on the plane. Would just want to be careful with these kind of visualizations to make sure you're in control of them, so as not to attract something bad to yourself.
Sea:

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 07:21:47 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
Tried visualizing driving a car across a swaying bridge made of thin slats of wood tied together with rope. But fell asleep without getting lucid. Worth trying some more, though. The visualization itself is kind of fun.
You dreamed of me.

Offline greg lousy

• _--<<<::((*** & ***))::>>>--_
  • Evaluator
  • happy perpetual birthday
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
I've had a number of lucids that seem to be induced by life threatening or high stress dream scenes.  For me, my mind seems to go lucid on its own, like its learned to consider that its dreaming because if so, it can  immediately free itself from any fear or stress - a perfect out!  I never put any conscious effort into it.

I'll probably keep it this way, another little DILD technique in my back pocket. 

So I know there's potential here.  My one critique is this.  If one is able to incubate  and transition into a specific scene during WBTB, they are already a skilled dreamer and may not need this.  But I haven't tried it, so who cares.   Looking forward to hearing from those who do.
........ and I cannot find my way back to the sea, but the saltiest sea knows its own way to me    -   Joanna Newsome

Offline iadr

• Evaluator
  • Peace Be With You!
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 08:03:22 PM »
Tried visualizing driving a car across a swaying bridge made of thin slats of wood tied together with rope.
Very creative johnb.  :goodjob:
That definitely sounds dangerous enough. :chuckle:
Sea:

Offline johnb

• Evaluator
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Tried visualizing driving a car across a swaying bridge made of thin slats of wood tied together with rope.
Very creative johnb.  :goodjob:
That definitely sounds dangerous enough. :chuckle:

Right. Do not try this IWL.

The swaying sensation is fun to visualize.
You dreamed of me.