Author Topic: 98 Questions (no, not "98 questions"...)  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Seeker

• Aegis Emeritus
  • Evaluator
  • Into the Mist!
    • Mortal Mist
98 Questions (no, not "98 questions"...)
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »
Gee, It's hard to believe we have been in this almost two weeks now.  I have only a few more basic concepts to post and then it will be all "hands on" and "homework" for the rest of the week.

I've created this thread for general questions, clarifications, and help.  So, if you have any, please post them here.  :)
be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandhi

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
Re: 98 Questions (no, not "98 questions"...)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:07:18 AM »
I've been lucid twice in May, having had no lucids in April and only about 5 in the last year.  I've never managed to WILD, DILD etc.

Now, none of the techniques in the forum have directly played a part.  I've done no RCs in dreams and missed zillions of dream signs.  Yet my lucid count has shown a marked increase.  Any ideas why?  Could it be just that I'm thinking about it more?
Bu

Offline AspirationRealized

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:59:01 AM »
General question for the community >.> am I the only one in the workshop who hasn't had a lucid dream yet?

I'm hoping that by going through this, and with some of my own personal changes, I'll attain it.
Drow, drow, drow your canoe
 The stream provides flotation
 Hysterically, hysterically, hysterically, hysterically
 Existence is hallucination

...have you ever met anyone who actually changed?

Offline Burned up

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:53:30 PM »
Well AR I thought I might be posting something like that.  Sometimes it gets me down knowing what others can achieve.  But my interests are different and I love the topic of dreams whatever the type.  My LDs are infrequent and brief and I've never been able to induce them so I DO sympathise.  But after months of casually thinking about it, I get two in one week (no more than 10 seconds each, mind).  So if you manage 20 seconds of LD tonight then that makes me bottom of the table!

What say you, Seeker???  :D
Bu

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
Well AR I thought I might be posting something like that.  Sometimes it gets me down knowing what others can achieve.  But my interests are different and I love the topic of dreams whatever the type.  My LDs are infrequent and brief and I've never been able to induce them so I DO sympathise.  But after months of casually thinking about it, I get two in one week (no more than 10 seconds each, mind).  So if you manage 20 seconds of LD tonight then that makes me bottom of the table!

What say you, Seeker???  :D

Well, I am determined to have a lucid dream of... (bum bum bum) THIRTY SECONDS!!! I'll beat you! XD

Offline PeteB

• Analyzer
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »
Well, Aspir, I havnt had a dream that i've controled directly, although I have had a couple moments where i know i've been dreaming, and a very close to WILD, where I felt my head going through the pillow, before jolting myself out of it through adrenaline.

So i'd pretty much say we're in the same position right now!

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »
Well, this is good, we have some other newbs. Lets see how this workshops helps us out ^_^

Offline Burned up

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
I think people like us are called "squibs" in Harry Potter.
Bu

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »
Ah, question: since reality checks has never actually been apart of my lucid experiences (unless random thoughts that lead to understanding count) will reality checks really increase my lucid rates?

And why are numbers a more prominent dream symbol/sign in my sleep now-a-days? (This one seems a bit irrelevant, but it was a question.)
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD:

Offline Toast

• Analyzer
  • ..or am I a butterfly?
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 05:27:10 PM »
I have a question:

After exam week is over (this week), I'll be devoting a lot more of my time to dreaming and will also be under much less stress. Although I'll still be going to school, I was thinking of doing a WBTB on a daily basis. Wake up around 4 or 5 in the morning, do something for 30 minutes to an hour, and go back to sleep.
What I was wondering is, would it make sense to combine this with a nightly WILD attempt? WBTB partially relies on self-hypnosis or dream incubation while going back to sleep if I remember correctly. Would WILDing mess up my chances of lucidity or is there no harm in trying.

By the way, I've hardly tried WILDing at all, and have never even got to HI.

Offline Robot_Butler

• Loving every minute of it...
  • Synthesizer
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »
Having a dream count at the beginning of the month has inspired my recall.  I have been remembering a lot more dreams from very early in the night.  I have caught myself, in the middle of the night, deciding a dream was not good enough to write down.  I then remembered the dream count, and decided I better record it so I can include it in May's count to get credit.  I've remembered a lot more boring, mundane, and fragmented dreams that I otherwise would have discarded.
My Dream Journal:
Snacks From The Butler's Pantry
_________Challenges_________
Basic: HA, LM, FL, GG,
Intermediate: TP, DC, MO, CW, WW, JT
Advanced: OB, AN, GC, DR, SC, ST

Offline Oneironaught

• with a "gh"
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • twitterpated +10
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 07:03:13 PM »
I'm not sure if the questions are supposed to be specifically for Seeker but, if I may, I'll put forth a few quick answers from my own perspective. If I'm out of line please let me know and I'll back off.

Burned up - Yes, thinking about dreams and allowing them some waking "mind share" works wonders for both recall and lucidity rate.

Lucidbulbs - While there's obviously no magic bullet, RCs can greatly increase your odds of becoming lucid, even if you fail to do so during your dreams.

Toast - WBTB and WILD are perfect bedfellows. Most of my successful WILDs were performed along with WBTB.
Life is wonderful

Offline Burned up

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 09:42:48 AM »
Burned up - Yes, thinking about dreams and allowing them some waking "mind share" works wonders for both recall and lucidity rate.

Thanks GH.  I'll continue doing what I'm doing, then.  (Kind of mind over matter I think).
Bu

Offline GestaltAlteration

• Comprehender
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 03:17:39 PM »
Is it too late to get in on this? School just got out so I finally have some free time.

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 04:31:19 PM »
Okie Dokie GH, since you answered that question here's another: how long does it take consistently using RCs before they pay off then?
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD: