Author Topic: Variables Influencing Dream Recall and Lucidity  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Oneironaught

• with a "gh"
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • twitterpated +10
Re: Variables Influencing Dream Recall and Lucidity
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 09:54:50 AM »
Is the ability to be hypnotized perhaps a factor in dream recall and ability to achieve lucidity?

The thought comes from a discussion about Luminous' method for recalling dreams using self-hypnosis.

I could see that as a factor. I mean, people who can be hypnotized can have a suggestive mind. In sessance, that is what LDing is all about; Suggesting ourselves to be aware.

True. And most lucid induction recordings are really just themed 'self'-hypnosis sessions.
Life is wonderful

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: Variables Influencing Dream Recall and Lucidity
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 12:17:20 PM »
Two more factors come to mind as we continue our observations for the month of July - three, actually... physical fatigue, mental fatigue and amount of sleep.

I have noticed that my recall has suddenly returned to normal.  I am using no supplements at all right now... taking a break from them... but I am working longer ours than normal and sleeping less.  Mental fatigue is low, but I'm physically pretty whacked by the time I get to bed at night, and sleeping 7 hours or so with no naps.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj