Author Topic: What is the first dream you remember having?  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Boadicea

• Aspiring storm chaser!
  • Evaluator
  • Remember who the real enemy is
    • My blog: Mortal Drivel
What is the first dream you remember having?
« on: December 11, 2014, 01:30:10 AM »
Post the very first dream you ever remember having, and how old you were if you can. Also any thoughts about what you think the significance of it is or what it means to you if you feel so inclined.
I'll start:

I think I was about 7 years old when I had this dream. I believe I called it...

The Night Dream

Scene: I'm in the backseat of a car with my mom, dad, and brother. Dad is driving and mom is next to him. The fact that it is nighttime stands out to me strongly. We are driving down a narrow gravel road, past a row of houses on each side, separated only by a few feet of grass in-between. There are high wood privacy fences in-between as well. We turn left into a driveway to one of the houses, and we get out to meet someone to buy wood or a tree, I think. I talk to P (my brother) about it, but don't now remember what I said.
Dream ends.

My thoughts: The reason I remember this so clearly as my "first" dream is because when I woke up from it I was excited all day about it and told it to my family excitedly. I guess I've always had an interest in dreams! I still remember it rather well, though I used to remember what I told P during the dream, and what exactly the object we were getting was.
I think it was a vivid dream at the time, with the feel of bouncing in the car on the gravel road and maybe the feel of the night air. The sound of my parents' voices and the distinct setting.  My dreams were remarkably more colorful when I was a child.
I have a YouTube channel: TorandoChaser!

What is better-to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
-Paarthurnax

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
Re: What is the first dream you remember having?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »
Boadicea.

I know I've posted SOMEWHERE here.  I was probably 8 at the time.

I'm sleeping IWL and IDL in the back bedroom in the double bed by the wall.  It is summer time and I wake IDL to see this huge black bear looking in the window beside the bed that is not there IWL.  He looks at me and says, "I want Rabbit!"  I know he immediately means my stuffed rabbit that I believe was my first stuffed animal.  I moved him probably that summer to "live" at camp permanently (and was STILL there until after I got married!  Still have him!)

I am terrified!  I try to hid under the bed, and know the bear is still there.  I wake, and am very afraid.  It is summer, the sun has been up for a bit, and I don't want to get out of bed.  I vividly remember this as I was upset and one of my parent's asked what the problem was.  I told them.  Later that morning, my dad was around the back of the camp, and noticed fresh nail marks, made by what could only have been a bear.  As Dad was working on something (maybe the field bed?) back there, he knew it was fresh. :crazy:

Offline Boadicea

• Aspiring storm chaser!
  • Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 12:35:25 AM »
Shelli

Sounds like your first dream was your first nightmare as well! If I could go back in time I would give the 8-year-old you a hug.  :hug:

Thanks for sharing!

What is better-to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
-Paarthurnax

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »
The first dream I remember is my first lucid task dream.  I remember it as being when I was six, but I cannot be sure about that.  [Another dream that left a bigger impression I have always remembered as being when I was eight (even back when I had the dream??), but now it must have been when I was ten, based on songs involved.]  So it is possible this first-remembered dream occurred when I was as old as eight.  But I've always said six, so I'm going with that.

A back story for the dream is that I had been having a lot of nightmares and it had been suggested that I try to wake up next time.  (After first being asked if I knew I was dreaming when I had these scary dreams and I replied that I did.)

In the dream, I find myself holding onto a trapeze bar over the ground far, far below.  The trapeze is suspended from a crane which is perched on the roof of one of the tallest buildings.  I know that the position I occupy is higher than all the tallest buildings in the world (the crane reaches high enough).  I cannot maintain my grip.  I know that my hands will tire and I will plummet to my doom below.  I remember to try to wake, and I succeed!  I am lying on my back in bed.  My arms are reaching up (above me, not over my head), grasping an invisible bar that I can still feel.  I also feel the support of the bed under me, and I open my hands and let my arms rest on the bed.

Offline Oneironautical1

• Synthesizer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:40:07 PM »
The oldest thing I can remember is a small fragment of being chased by a black and white 1920s disney style gorilla. Hes chasing me and spitting at me. When I was still really young in elementary school around 8 or so I had favorite dreams I would load and WILD into.  I still remember envisioning a VCR tape floating and loading into a VCR and then the dream would begin.  One of them was ninjas attacking my elementary school and I was fighting them off jumping off buildings and kicking ass lol.

Offline Boadicea

• Aspiring storm chaser!
  • Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
The oldest thing I can remember is a small fragment of being chased by a black and white 1920s disney style gorilla. Hes chasing me and spitting at me. When I was still really young in elementary school around 8 or so I had favorite dreams I would load and WILD into.  I still remember envisioning a VCR tape floating and loading into a VCR and then the dream would begin.  One of them was ninjas attacking my elementary school and I was fighting them off jumping off buildings and kicking ass lol.

I envy your ability, Oneironautical1! When I was young I never had any lucids. I'm like, the complete opposite of a natural lucid dreamer.  :P

-Paarthurnax

Offline Komikubo45

• Comprehender
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 06:57:17 AM »
difficult question. I remember a dream where I am in an open air bath and i cans see the pool. But this is just a picture. Anyway I can remember it until now. Crazy and I dont know why :)